Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rugby Union Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rugby Union Thread
Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2007, 08:23   #301
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Rugby Union

What I did like about yesterdays after match comments were that whenever any England player or pundit was asked about the 'disallowed try' the response was along the lines of, "well its what the referee gives that counts....you just need to get on with it..... lets ot talk about that for the next 40 years" etc etc. Can you imagine if something similar had happened in a football final.

Also as for the game not being close, I thought the game was not over till the last 10 minutes or so, when south africa were kicking the ball away whenever they could. South Africa really had to work for that win, decisions ran for them which on another day would have gone against them, and well done England for making it a good watchable final!
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2007, 09:59   #302
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

We (Wales) play them next month................now where can we get 8 monster forwards from, apart from across the border??

We'll be lucky to get nil against the Boks even if one third of last night's team turn up. I doubt we would give them a half decent game atm. Harsh but true with Wales, another false dawn from the Grand Slam. Victor Matfield was immense for them last night and a rarity a forward with a brain. Thouroughly deserved his MoM award with that boy Steyn not far behind.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:04   #303
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Whatever happens, it won't be pretty

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-02-2008, 18:28   #304
yesman

Well done to Wales, but what happened England ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7223910.stm

Old 02-02-2008, 18:32   #305
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 02-02-2008, 18:39   #306
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I honestly had no idea this would happen

I was all ready to moan about Warren needing another year to sort our team out, but beating the Saesneg at Twickers??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-02-2008, 19:01   #307
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I honestly had no idea this would happen

I was all ready to moan about Warren needing another year to sort our team out, but beating the Saesneg at Twickers??
First time in 20 years, apparently - what can I say, only one team wanted to win it in the second half, from what I saw - congratulations to the Welsh team for having the heart to not give up after going into half time ten points down ...

Old 02-02-2008, 19:11   #308
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Amazing last 20 minutes of the second half, totally turned the match around. I enjoyed watching it far more than the earlier shambles, though the Ireland team have gelled together more than I had thought they would. There are so many unspoken about issues and people not getting on since the world cup.

As for Warrren, he has proven his abilities over and over again. Imho the success that Ireland were enjoying 2ish years ago was not down to Eddie but to all the groundwork that Warren had put in.

Anyways, I'm starting to rant and go on and on about rugby, not that I am obsessed so I'll shh for a while.
Old 02-02-2008, 19:21   #309
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

No, please! Unleash the fury, my celtic compatriot!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-02-2008, 20:05   #310
bayonet
cf.addict

bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Please don't get carried away, one victory does not a Grand Slam make and the first half showed all the old problems are still there. Gatland knows he still has a lot of work to do and being a Kiwi will have his feet firmly on the ground. As he said giant killers atm next week will be another test. See how the Jocks do against France tomorrow before we start crowing because we could end up with a large amount of egg all over our faces.

Being an Osprey fan I was not convinced about picking that number in the team and until Gatland bought on Shanklin Jenkins and Popham the Parker/Henson combo looked about as reliable as a bank account with Northern Rock. One hell of a comeback though.
Old 02-02-2008, 20:10   #311
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Yeah but you can't deny that beating the Saesneg in their own backyard will be a massive psychological boost if used wisely.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-02-2008, 21:58   #312
bayonet
cf.addict

Well it will make the other teams sit up but when they watch the game they'll see England lost it rather than we won it. England blew a 13 point lead and should have had that game wrapped up by half time. One or 2 cool heads were needed and that's the surprising thing about today's game with JonnyW running things it shows how much they missed the likes of Corry Robinson et all. Beware the Scots!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 23:16   #313
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Lots of daft passes and fumbles - it was like watching 4th team Sunday rugby in the 2nd half (on the England side).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-02-2008, 00:07   #314
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet View Post
Well it will make the other teams sit up but when they watch the game they'll see England lost it rather than we won it. England blew a 13 point lead and should have had that game wrapped up by half time. One or 2 cool heads were needed and that's the surprising thing about today's game with JonnyW running things it shows how much they missed the likes of Corry Robinson et all. Beware the Scots!!!
tbh, as an English person who could have a claim to Welsh descent, I think that is unfair, I was supporting England during this game & I thought the Welsh team turned out to be the one with the desire & passion to win. The implication that it was a game that England lost, rather than one that Wales won is, in my opinion, an insult to the effort the Welsh team put in during the second half???

Old 03-02-2008, 00:48   #315
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

England's style of play under Ashton is shocking. Grand Slam is gone. England lack desire and fight.
Closed Thread