Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL TV Drive FAQ

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+ HD BOX Problem!

Old 31-03-2010, 00:13   #1
rhysio
Inactive

rhysio is an unknown quantity at this point
V+ HD BOX Problem!

Hey,!

i have a problem on saturday i had virgin fitted into my house, now before virgin i had sky television and from sky i had an output running into my bedroom ( i could change the tv in here) and then running into a second room.

Now on my virgin box there is only one aerial input, two HDMI's, ethernet and usb, Is there any way i could run the virgin tv to one of the other rooms? even if it only goes to one of the rooms.
Would maybe a HDMi work or would it not signal?

Thanks.
rhysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2010, 18:41   #2
richelleking
Inactive

Services: VM TV 'XL', S-A V+ Box HD, Broadband 'L', Landline. (Subscriber since Eurobell.)
richelleking is on a distinguished roadrichelleking is on a distinguished road
Question How about very long RCA leads

I have done something like this many years ago - so hopefully it will still work with the modern Virgin kit.

You can use the 2nd SCART output -designed for making external recordings- and plug into it a cheap SCART to RCA Output converter.

You then have 3 RCA sockets: composite video (yellow) and stereo audio (white and red). Then you ask a friendly satellite TV shop to make you some very long RCA leads to reach another room. Most TVs accept RCA input though you can get another RCA to SCART converter if the 2nd TV only has SCART.

Also, if your Virgin box is a V+, you can play hard drive recordings down this new long cable, by using the Copy To DVD function (which doesn't delete the recording afterwards). The person next to the Virgin box can still use all its other functions undisturbed.

Without using Copy To DVD, the 2nd TV will show what channels you are watching.

The 2nd TV user can also use a Remote Control Extender kit to control the Virgin box themselves.
richelleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:46   #3
richelleking
Inactive

Services: VM TV 'XL', S-A V+ Box HD, Broadband 'L', Landline. (Subscriber since Eurobell.)
richelleking is on a distinguished roadrichelleking is on a distinguished road
Post Re: V+ HD BOX Problem!

Erm ... please note this comment from this link ...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...drive-faq.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
AFAIK, the VCR scart is enabled only when the box is set to archive something.
... meaning check how to make the spare SCART socket live (I recall you just have to start copying to DVD *without* selecting any content) before you invest in equipment and cables.
richelleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:48   #4
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: V+ HD BOX Problem!

This has since changed in a software update and now the VCR scart is always live
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:49   #5
04mattystevo
cf.member

04mattystevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: V+ HD BOX Problem!

seen as this is a box problem thread i'll save everyone by not opening a new thread

but my new v+ box that i got installed today (samsung btw) has just frozen when watching a on demand program and recording 2 programs as well

i don't want to turn it off because i will lose the 2 recordings but its just froze so it looks like the only option is to reboot?
04mattystevo is offline   Reply With Quote