Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2011, 21:57   #901
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
There are more trial phases
Though the VIPs shall enter the field of dreams shortly
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2011, 22:10   #902
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
Though the VIPs shall enter the field of dreams shortly
Is there any point now after todays article --
Neil Berkett has an announcement to make: Virgin Media's battle with Sky for the pay-TV market is over.
Old 23-01-2011, 22:59   #903
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
currently available to Virgin's premium customers

I'm a premium customer but it's not available to me.
So am I, and I have put my name down for it - but I can wait.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-01-2011, 23:50   #904
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: TiVo

Training has started for the techs so it cant be long now
Old 24-01-2011, 00:02   #905
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
currently available to Virgin's premium customers

I'm a premium customer but it's not available to me.
As stated earlier it never said all premium customers. Your time will come soon though
Old 24-01-2011, 00:15   #906
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
But he states its available now to premium customers.
I think he got a tiny bit ahead of himself. although he is not far off
Old 24-01-2011, 00:20   #907
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I don't think Neil Berkett actually says "TiVo, currently available to Virgin's premium customers", I believe these are the words of the lady who wrote the article.

Maybe I'm reading the article incorrectly, but the TIVO available to premium customers isn't a direct quote from Berkett.
Old 24-01-2011, 10:53   #908
ess1
Inactive

Services: sky, VMBB XXL
ess1 is an unknown quantity at this point

May the Tivo hype continue please. As a Sky customer (just VM up to err... 50MB ??), I am sure they will roll out extra programmes - Atlantic springs to mind - and be amenable to offering goodies to existing clients.

We shall see
Old 24-01-2011, 12:47   #909
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

I have signed up on the Website too, feel's like age's ok and still no update. It must be coming soon, had a VM engineer round the other week to check my V+ box and he stated he currently had the TiVo installed and that it was an awesome bit of kit. Obviously he said he could comment no further just that it will be worth the wait.

What I think VM should do ASAP to keep customer's happy is to issue a price and release date for all customer's on all tier's so people can start saving etc.
Old 24-01-2011, 13:01   #910
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
I have signed up on the Website too, feel's like age's ok and still no update. It must be coming soon, had a VM engineer round the other week to check my V+ box and he stated he currently had the TiVo installed and that it was an awesome bit of kit. Obviously he said he could comment no further just that it will be worth the wait.

What I think VM should do ASAP to keep customer's happy is to issue a price and release date for all customer's on all tier's so people can start saving etc.
Agreed I heard a price of 189 all in for existing XL and VIP customers but nothing concrete.
Old 24-01-2011, 13:31   #911
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

Quote:
Agreed I heard a price of 189 all in for existing XL and VIP customers but nothing concrete.
All that's been confirmed is that it will be £189 for existing customers with an addition £3 monthly charge (this is also the Mates Rates tariff).

For new customers it will be £239 with the additional monthly £3 charge.
Old 24-01-2011, 13:40   #912
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
All that's been confirmed is that it will be £189 for existing customers with an addition £3 monthly charge (this is also the Mates Rates tariff).

For new customers it will be £239 with the additional monthly £3 charge.
A friend of mine installs for VM and said its very close now to launch.
Old 24-01-2011, 14:34   #913
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As stated earlier it never said all premium customers. Your time will come soon though
Hopefully sooner rather than later... I've still got an old silver TVDrive and the HDD is about to die imo. Many HD recordings start to play then end after 12 minutes, not allowing you to go past that time to carry on, playback of a HD recording can be affected if recording another HD channel (it stutters and jumps, occasionally the box will reboot) and if recording two HD channels the poor drive sounds like it's going to fall out of the box.

I don't really see the point of a swap out now when I'll be wanting to swap it for TiVo as soon as it's available (I am a VIP customer).

Andy.
Old 24-01-2011, 15:53   #914
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Thumbs up Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I don't think Neil Berkett actually says "TiVo, currently available to Virgin's premium customers", I believe these are the words of the lady who wrote the article.

Maybe I'm reading the article incorrectly, but the TIVO available to premium customers isn't a direct quote from Berkett.
Feel better, Chad. You're not the only one to notice that it was Amanda Andrews, Media Editor, The Telegraph who said all of that, not Neil Berkett, although she misleadingly attributed it to him.

I also feel that she misrepresented some of the functionality of the TiVo box by confusing previous statements about its 10Mb internet connection being separate from the family's main broadband connection and the TiVo actually having browser functionality.

Journalists! You can't believe a word they say someone else said!
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 24-01-2011, 19:23   #915
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

There is an article here that seems to suggest our chances of getting lovefilm on tivo are enhanced by the take over of Love film by Amazon

Quote:
Fortunately, with Amazon striding into the picture (and, if necessary, the Competition Commission willing), Lovefilm has a better chance than most of doing the right kind of deals with the Hollywood studios – who will be mindful of maintaining a good relationship with "Earth's biggest selection", or whatever Amazon calls itself.
Apparently movie streaming is big business in the States but is prevented from taking off here due to one company owning the rights. With a company as big as Amazon getting involved, then we might stand a chance of the monopoly being challenged. Just what we need. Interesting reference to the competition comission possibly getting involved as well. Things are getting more interesting.

Closed Thread