Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2011, 13:29   #811
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: TiVo

they are advertising it on their homepage utterly stupid because you cannot order it yet. its been on their homepage for ages.
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2011, 13:30   #812
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Can someone answer this

I hear with TiVo you can go back 7 days is this any programme or just what's on catchup ?
I read it's just what's on catchup.
Old 15-01-2011, 13:35   #813
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
they are advertising it on their homepage utterly stupid because you cannot order it yet. its been on their homepage for ages.
I believe at the moment you can only register an interest they are advertising it on the website i would think in order to build that interest not with people on forums who know about it already,but the public in general.

Old 15-01-2011, 17:04   #814
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Im getting my training next week, quite excited with all this moving on
Old 15-01-2011, 17:08   #815
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Im getting my training next week, quite excited with all this moving on
What do you do jb66 install ? Must admit can't wait to get my hands on one seems ages off though.
Old 16-01-2011, 19:41   #816
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I've got VIP50. If I do take TIVO, and pay an extra £3.00 per month, does that mean I can keep the V+ box I currently have, and have the TIVO box installed in place of the standard box? That way I'll have a V+ box and a TIVO box. I actually had the V+ box installed a few years ago, prior to having a VIP package. I paid £150.00 for the install. If I do take TIVO, and pay a further £199.00 for the TIVO box, I don't feel I should have to return the V+box.

This should be okay as the V+box will continue to be paid for as part of my VIP50 package, and I'll be paying extra per month for the privilege of TIVO too.

Is my understanding of this correct or will Virgin try to take the V+box away if I take TIVO?
Old 16-01-2011, 19:50   #817
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I've got VIP50. If I do take TIVO, and pay an extra £3.00 per month, does that mean I can keep the V+ box I currently have, and have the TIVO box installed in place of the standard box? That way I'll have a V+ box and a TIVO box. I actually had the V+ box installed a few years ago, prior to having a VIP package. I paid £150.00 for the install. If I do take TIVO, and pay a further £199.00 for the TIVO box, I don't feel I should have to return the V+box.

This should be okay as the V+box will continue to be paid for as part of my VIP50 package, and I'll be paying extra per month for the privilege of TIVO too.

Is my understanding of this correct or will Virgin try to take the V+box away if I take TIVO?
They will replace whichever box you want replacing.
Old 16-01-2011, 19:51   #818
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

I wouldn't have thought there would be any problem keeping the V+ chad. There would be an additional monthly charge for having the extra box. Around £5.50 I think.

Edit: Sorry. Didn't realise you were already on a package with extra box.

Old 16-01-2011, 19:53   #819
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
I wouldn't have thought there would be any problem keeping the V+ chad. There would be an additional monthly charge for having the extra box. Around £5.50 I think.

Edit: Sorry. Didn't realise you were already on a package with extra box.
It was easy to miss.
Old 16-01-2011, 20:51   #820
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Mmmm, I've been pretty sceptical about TIVO however if I can keep the V+box and the price for TIVO comes down a bit I might be sold. Cheers for the info guys.
Old 16-01-2011, 21:08   #821
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

When you think a second v+ would cost £99 + install fee it makes it slightly more attractive,
Old 17-01-2011, 00:04   #822
PLB
Inactive

PLB is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently have 2 Samsung V+ boxes and if I decide to replace one of them with a TiVo box will I have to pay the normal charge whatever that turns out to be. I do not require 3 box’s so I will have to exchange one of my Samsung V+ box’s for the TiVo but as I have only recently paid to have my second V+ box installed it looks like it could be an expensive upgrade for me if I have to pay the full amount for the TiVo.
Old 17-01-2011, 10:31   #823
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
That has been on there for ages now.
You got me all excited for a minute there
Point number 8 states that you can record 2 programmes, whilst watching a third?
Does that mean the twin tuner boxes will be available at launch ?
Old 17-01-2011, 10:39   #824
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
They will replace whichever box you want replacing.
I find that a bit surprising unless you are pre-announcing that VIP will have two PVRs, unlike today.
Old 17-01-2011, 11:15   #825
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Point number 8 states that you can record 2 programmes, whilst watching a third?
Does that mean the twin tuner boxes will be available at launch ?
Third Tuner Code download is happening around March, I believe.
Closed Thread