Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2010, 15:38   #601
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Noticed one of slide eight has a "recording quality" setting. Something I'm a little surprised to see as I thought all PVRs recorded the raw data stream?
Could possibly be the option to record the SD or HD showing of the programme if both are available.
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2010, 18:05   #602
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
All sounds great!! By the way what is TiVo?
Santa's little helper
Just kidding, take a look on http://tivo.virginmedia.com
Old 24-12-2010, 19:45   #603
TonyHoyle
Inactive

TonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Funny you should say that then, popped into my local virgin media store today, and they confirmed it will be available to order from the 1st week in january, only stipulation is that you have to be on tv XL, not on VIP. Phoned up customer services just now,and they re confirmed this!
VM CS in 'confusing mixed messages'. News at 11 :p
Old 25-12-2010, 09:11   #604
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstill View Post
Could possibly be the option to record the SD or HD showing of the programme if both are available.
That's a good call.
Old 25-12-2010, 12:55   #605
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Once something like call of duty 3d comes out then 3d tvs will take off
the moment they stop all the horrid cross talk they will take off.
2nd gen 3d tv's coming thsi year should solve the issue now everyone had a good practise with the 2010 models
Old 26-12-2010, 00:38   #606
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstill View Post
Doubt it - the screen-shot is for BBC 3, which currently has no HD equivalent.

In fact, a quick read of the TiVo Premiere manual says that the quality setting only apples to analogue recordings, and all digital recordings are recorded with 'best quality', I suspect that's the unchangeable default for VM's TiVo and is there for show.
Old 26-12-2010, 14:09   #607
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Once something like call of duty 3d comes out then 3d tvs will take off
3D needs to succeed outside the games market before it's successful. IMO.
Old 27-12-2010, 20:03   #608
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

To be honest, 3D TVs are still expensive. Most people have just upgraded to HDTV and to have to ditch the TV for a new one costing in excess of £700 (especially with VAT increasing and the current state of the economy), I can't help but think Sky have backed the wrong horse in this race.
Old 28-12-2010, 13:53   #609
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky have released an iPad app but there not frightened of the threat from TiVo honest LOL :-)
Old 28-12-2010, 20:29   #610
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know how comprehensive the youtube app will be for the tivo? will it be just like the online version?
Old 28-12-2010, 21:18   #611
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Does anyone know how comprehensive the youtube app will be for the tivo? will it be just like the online version?
Nobody knows anything for sure at this stage. It's obvious that we are still at the development stage on all aspects. They cannot even confirm dates or prices. Just rumours and rumours of rumours. It all adds to the hype for a set top box that is not really much more advanced than what we have already. I have two SA V+ boxes that have given me many years of trouble free service. Why would I want to change and pay more?

More of "The King's New Clothes" me thinks!
Old 28-12-2010, 22:08   #612
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Nobody knows anything for sure at this stage. It's obvious that we are still at the development stage on all aspects. They cannot even confirm dates or prices. Just rumours and rumours of rumours. It all adds to the hype for a set top box that is not really much more advanced than what we have already. I have two SA V+ boxes that have given me many years of trouble free service. Why would I want to change and pay more?

More of "The King's New Clothes" me thinks!
I have the answer, but I won't bite... even with this taunt!
Old 28-12-2010, 22:26   #613
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

I have the answer, but I won't bite... even with this taunt!
Could you just tell us if it will be available from the start of jan?
Old 29-12-2010, 00:07   #614
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
If the apps I've used on my Sammy TV and WDTV Live box are any indication, no.

Content providers are very fussy about what content on YouTube can be viewed on TV-connected devices, I'd be surprised if VM have got around that. I'm sure our Digitally Fanatic friend would know.
Old 29-12-2010, 08:34   #615
Mr Fell
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media T/V ( V plus & TiVo) cable broadband (30 Mb) & Phone L.
Mr Fell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Could you just tell us if it will be available from the start of jan?
I've been told that if you ask in one of the shops about the roll out of the new box then they are saying that it can be ordered from the first week in Jan
Closed Thread