Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Haircut!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Opinion thread .

Old 12-03-2006, 11:02   #1
LiveInFrance
Inactive

LiveInFrance is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinion thread .

Suppose you have to leave your country for whatever reason , where would you go and why ?

Give all the reasons on why you would leave and the reasons on your substitutional country .

Thank ya much
LiveInFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2006, 11:18   #2
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Opinion thread .

I'd go to England and more specifically Oxford, that's the only place I'd consider going to if I had to. Can't imagine ever having to go to any other country and frankly I wouldn't want to.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:23   #3
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I posted a similar question HERE a while ago and anted to know where people would go if they left the UK.

I was reading an article recently and nearly 50% of UK residents have either considered or have moved abroad with current favourite places being Spain, Austrlia, and France.

I think if I do move it would either be to France due to family living there and the fact that I prefer the smaller villages and countryside to town's and cities.
I'd also want to educate my family the French way and also feel that the French food is better than English food.

Houseprices are way too expenive here. I'd even consider Slovenia where houses are dead cheap. It just depends on how I could take my job with me.
However with all the transport links allowing you to get around so much easier that may not be much of a problem.

I do like Canada and would love to try living there for a couple of years.
Or may be Australia.

I couldnt live in any of the war ridden, drug fuelled places, and I certainly wouldnt go and live in any places likely to be hit by natural hazards.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:40   #4
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I couldnt live in any of the war ridden, drug fuelled places, and I certainly wouldnt go and live in any places likely to be hit by natural hazards.
War ridden
Drug fueled
Natural hazzards......................

So what ya gonna do, colonise the moon

Me, I had 6 good years when I emigrated to South Africa, came back for the wrong reasons and even with all the talk of how bad it's gotten, would go back to see for myself, either there or Goa, India
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:50   #5
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
I'd go to England and more specifically Oxford, that's the only place I'd consider going to if I had to. Can't imagine ever having to go to any other country and frankly I wouldn't want to.
But where abouts in Oxford would you go Russ?
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:53   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I would move to New Zealand or Australia. This country is going downhill fast.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:07   #7
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Oz for me, I love it there.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:12   #8
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
But where abouts in Oxford would you go Russ?
The Welsh Quarter, probably.

I'd go to Ireland, personally. It's the only other country I can get a passport* :P

* Except possibly Israel, but I don't particularly want an Israeli passport.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 14:54   #9
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Actually I'd go to Summertown but I doubt you'd have heard of it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 12-03-2006, 15:00   #10
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Very nice area and handy for BBC Radio Oxford.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 15:07   #11
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Either tha US or Canada. They are both nice but in slightly different ways. The US is so big an varied you can go from the tropical paradise of Hawaii to the bustling metropolises of NY etc. Canada is very nice, kinda like a mark II version of the US, but not as diverse.

I only mention those two places as they are the best I have been to so far. I haven't been to Australia/New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Dubai yet, and could well wnt to live there more.

Instead of moaning about how much this county is going downhill, my family has actually put their money where their mouths are and moved to the US. They've never looked back.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 15:31   #12
Macca371

US (particularly New York and tristate area) or France (although unemployment is rife and the economy appears to be collapsing)
Old 12-03-2006, 15:33   #13
Silent Wings
Inactive

Silent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of society
Send a message via MSN to Silent Wings

Quote:
Summertown revisited it's never the same second time round..........

Portugal for me
Silent Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 16:16   #14
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
Very nice area and handy for BBC Radio Oxford.
I used to pass the studios everyday when I lived there 5 years ago

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 12-03-2006, 16:56   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I want to go back to Africa..but the Africa of my childhood.Sadly it probably never existed...

New Zealand seems nice and I hear the education system there is good...

However where I am seems a fairly good place despite the nutters.The grass is not always greener the other side of the fence.