Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 12-05-2015, 14:44   #9751
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Having largely cut out the booze and been eating far more vegetables, fruit etc. I'm feeling a lot healthier than for a long time. As a bonus the weight is still coming off at a nice steady pace and Labour's demise has coincided with a huge drop in my blood pressure...
Well done.

We try to eat healthily but I'm afraid we do booze a bit though I do count the booze calories in the food totals so the weight stays off.
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2015, 14:49   #9752
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Well done.

We try to eat healthily but I'm afraid we do booze a bit though I do count the booze calories in the food totals so the weight stays off.
Yup, huge calories in booze and to make it worse I always get the munchies afterwards so used to wind up eating even more.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 15:09   #9753
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Thanks. You're right about that. I'm lucky in that my excess weight is concentrated almost entirely around my torso so what I've lost is much more obvious than might have been the case if it was spread all over. That gives some added motivation when I'm feeling like giving in to the dreaded 'munchies'...
It's very hard to resist temptation but just see it as the cost of a better life overall.

I've been from 11st to 17.5st and back again over the past 5 years or so and have learned the hard way that a healthier lifestyle isn't just good, it's essential to your well being in general.

As for your last post very few people factor in calories from alcohol so just knowing about it is half the battle. There's nothing wrong with treats, or a few drinkies so long as you keep track and keep the calories used above calories consumed.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 15:27   #9754
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
It's very hard to resist temptation but just see it as the cost of a better life overall.

I've been from 11st to 17.5st and back again over the past 5 years or so and have learned the hard way that a healthier lifestyle isn't just good, it's essential to your well being in general.

As for your last post very few people factor in calories from alcohol so just knowing about it is half the battle. There's nothing wrong with treats, or a few drinkies so long as you keep track and keep the calories used above calories consumed.
It's the same with sundries like mayonnaise, sauces etc. loads of hidden calories which all add up.
Old 12-05-2015, 15:52   #9755
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'm down to just under 13st now. MY start was 23 - that was a few years back mind you.

At the moment my weight is just falling off

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Doing the housework with my bluetooth headphones on and listening to Dolly Parton, life is good
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 17:47   #9756
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Doing the housework with my bluetooth headphones on and listening to Dolly Parton, life is good
You're not dressed like her are you mate?...

It is amazing how music can transform your mood isn't it.
Old 12-05-2015, 17:54   #9757
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
You're not dressed like her are you mate?...

It is amazing how music can transform your mood isn't it.
if I looked like her I'd never be able to concentrate I tell you
Old 12-05-2015, 19:04   #9758
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
if I looked like her I'd never be able to concentrate I tell you
I can't make up my mind which I find the most amusing. Your head topping her great big bazoomers or her head full of plumped up bleached blond hair atop your manly figure.

Whichever I imagine, thank you for giving me a giggle on a day that was, up to now, quite depressing.
Old 12-05-2015, 19:07   #9759
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I can't make up my mind which I find the most amusing. Your head topping her great big bazoomers or her head full of plumped up bleached blond hair atop your manly figure.

Whichever I imagine, thank you for giving me a giggle on a day that was, up to now, quite depressing.
The first one for sure
Old 12-05-2015, 23:53   #9760
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Good for Dolly Parton
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 11:11   #9761
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just got my £20 shopping voucher for insuring the car with the AA so effectively £78 fully comp for the year.

Better get the MIG welder out and get the car a ticket.
Old 14-05-2015, 11:19   #9762
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Just got my £20 shopping voucher for insuring the car with the AA so effectively £78 fully comp for the year.

How many years do you think you have left with your biscuit tin?
Old 14-05-2015, 11:26   #9763
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Good for you Heero
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 11:40   #9764
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
How many years do you think you have left with your biscuit tin?
I guess so long as there's enough metal to take a weld a while yet. I just wish Rover had had the guts to go with the all aluminium bodied version they were doing with Alcoa. Now that was glued together and no chance of rust.

Only 120K on the clock and the engine is still sweet. It's also a very rare car now and the value is going up. Cheap to run and service and goes like a rocket.

Toying with the idea of getting a cheap disposable run-about and then the Metty only comes out of the garage in good weather like other classic cars.
Old 14-05-2015, 13:43   #9765
Osem
Inactive

We according to the ultrasound scan I had this morning, I have 2 nice looking kidneys and a bladder none of which contain kidney stones so I'm a happy bunny.