Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 05-11-2016, 13:11   #976
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

i got a engineer coming Tuesday to replace my tivo box with the V6 box more to follow
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2016, 13:19   #977
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
i got a engineer coming Tuesday to replace my tivo box with the V6 box more to follow
So was your box faulty/ and they said they would offer you a V6 instead or did you phone up? and ask them about getting a V6 box and they said yes you can have one Rob.
Old 05-11-2016, 13:39   #978
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I am thinking of doing the same. How much extra are you being charged? Is it a 1 or 2TB?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 13:55   #979
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Smith View Post
Apologies if this has already been addressed - I did a search but couldn't find a clear answer. I've read on this forum that the new box has a bluetooth remote. Does anyone yet know whether, despite this, it will respond to infrared commands?

I have a Harmony remote that controls all my equipment and if the V6 won't play nicely with it, it would be a show stopper for me.

Cheers,

Cliff

I asked this a few months ago as I have a Harmony Touch, which is IR only, and Spiderplant replied that it would
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 14:07   #980
Captain_Smith
cf.member

Captain_Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I asked this a few months ago as I have a Harmony Touch, which is IR only, and Spiderplant replied that it would
Thanks. Let's hope he's right. I guess we won't really know until these boxes start rolling out more widely.

Cliff
Captain_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 14:19   #981
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Smith View Post
Thanks. Let's hope he's right. I guess we won't really know until these boxes start rolling out more widely.

Cliff

Apparently, the old Tivo remote will work the V6. I believe Roku boxes will handle both signals.

The only box that I have that won't is the Amazon Fire TV, but that is easily fixed by adding a 'Flirc' which plugs into the USB port. Logitech have a Flirc/AFTV profile

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLIRC-Dongl...keywords=flirc
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 16:09   #982
Captain_Smith
cf.member

Captain_Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds promising then.

Thanks,

Cliff
Captain_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 17:12   #983
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I've asked for a new box as part of a retention package. The sticking point is that they say that they would like to accommodate me, but they are only available in certain parts of the country.

Apparently, new installations are currently limited to the North East & Scotland at the moment.

Has anyone here had a box installed outside these two areas? I'm trying to find out if I'm being lied to or not.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 17:22   #984
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Who says they would lie to you? as their aims are to help the customer and to sell them something.
Old 05-11-2016, 17:33   #985
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Who says they would lie to you? as their aims are to help the customer and to sell them something.
Retentions will do anything to save a customer
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 17:49   #986
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Indeed as every time our contract is nearly up we phone retentions and we generally get a decent contract renewal deal.
Old 05-11-2016, 17:53   #987
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Is it correct the new box doesn't have an installed modem and relies on your box being connected to the router ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 17:54   #988
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I've asked for a new box as part of a retention package. The sticking point is that they say that they would like to accommodate me, but they are only available in certain parts of the country.

Apparently, new installations are currently limited to the North East & Scotland at the moment.

Has anyone here had a box installed outside these two areas? I'm trying to find out if I'm being lied to or not.
As soon as your account details come up, a pop up appears saying 'its Richard, make sure we lie to him'
Old 05-11-2016, 18:18   #989
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
As soon as your account details come up, a pop up appears saying 'its Richard, make sure we lie to him'
I hope that you're not seriously suggesting that no VM customer has ever been lied to by staff.

I'd be grateful if anybody could contact me who has had a V6 box installed outside the two aforementioned areas.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 18:45   #990
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Exactly.

I hope that you're not seriously suggesting that no VM customer has ever been lied to by staff.

I'd be grateful if anybody could contact me who has had a V6 box installed outside the two aforementioned areas.
No not at all, I know some VM customers have been lied to but I wonder if they make an extra effort for you Richard.

Last edited by Mr Banana; 05-11-2016 at 18:50.