Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 14-01-2012, 14:05   #856
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
This immediately makes me think of Harmony, custom built at phenomenal cost, hideously complicated, and replaced by Telewest's off the shelf ICOMS.
ICOMS is easily the best piece of software they have.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2012, 14:09   #857
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It displays it at the left hand side for some people. If you look back at some of her previous posts, it says that she is 59. I'm not sure if this a software glitch or something else.
Links to such posts? Also no matter how old the content of the post is the profile details are never part of the stored post data, so all posts by me should currently say 43.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 14:17   #858
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
There are no price differences in tiers, there was just a £30 1-off fee so all 60mb customers will be paying the same as each other just as they do now.
No. There was a reduction to the monthly bundle of £1.50. See:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...AQ/td-p/322871 (Points 4 and 5).
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 14:42   #859
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

weird... I got the sorry error email before I got the 100Mb email
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 14:50   #860
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
You're the only one confused... Age has always been correct (although for some weird reason it does go up by one each year..

Why can't I cancel it? and why would it benefit me to do so?

And the most obvious question why are you asking pathetic questions??
You are incorrect, your age has changed. As previously explained, your age was showing as 59 and is now showing as 43.

It was not a question, I was merely pointing this out and asking if you were aware of this anomoly.

Quote:
Links to such posts? Also no matter how old the content of the post is the profile details are never part of the stored post data, so all posts by me should currently say 43.
I would have thought so too. For example, if someone changed their age to appear younger, ALL posts should display the revised age.

Take a look at this randomly selected post that you made last November that I have copy/pasted. Strange isn't it?

28-11-2011, 15:23 #125
Maggy J
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,VM 10MB,VM Phone and V+HD box.No VM Mobile

Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock
I believe there is a topic in here somewhere.Anyone finding it please let me know.
Old 14-01-2012, 14:52   #861
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You are incorrect, your age has changed. As previously explained, your age was showing as 59 and is now showing as 43.

It was not a question, I was merely pointing this out and asking if you were aware of this anomoly.

I would have thought so too. For example, if someone changed their age to appear younger, ALL posts should display the revised age.

Take a look at this randomly selected post that you made last November that I have copy/pasted. Strange isn't it?

Maggy J
Cable Forum Team

I believe there is a topic in here somewhere.Anyone finding it please let me know.
Old 14-01-2012, 14:57   #862
desi112
cf.member

Services: 200MB VM Cable
desi112 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've checked a few post codes in Leicester and the checker gives different dates for all them. Based on the nearest postcode to me it seems upgrade is due April - July. (I cant use my own postcode as the checker comes up I am not in a cable area..)
desi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 14:58   #863
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You been to specsavers??? What has Maggy's posts got to do with mine???

Made my day.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 15:03   #864
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi112 View Post
I've checked a few post codes in Leicester and the checker gives different dates for all them. Based on the nearest postcode to me it seems upgrade is due April - July. (I cant use my own postcode as the checker comes up I am not in a cable area..)
I'd take the whole thing with a massive pinch of salt. Dates are likely to change and be rearranged as they come across issues they never anticipated.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 15:05   #865
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

Made my day.
For some reason he seems to think that this post is one of mine

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35336598-post125.html

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I'd take the whole thing with a massive pinch of salt. Dates are likely to change and be rearranged as they come across issues they never anticipated.
As with any rollout the early dates are likely to be reliable but as you go down the list they either get pushed back or brought forward.. The best policy is that when it's done it's done..
Old 14-01-2012, 15:06   #866
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Why is it that a huge company like VM seems unable to correctly send emails?
Style over substance.

People are getting paid a lot of money to come up with rubbish like the current "tickles" marketing campaign which they clearly feel is perfectly acceptable to send to customers. I wonder if those same people put so much effort into more mundane, boring things like checking one's work.

When the Sky channels were taken off cable, and we got messages like Sky has "thrown the baby out with the bathwater", a phrase I've never heard before, makes absolutely no sense, but you hear all the time now. I knew where things were heading.

VM, like most companies now, concentrate on style, as they believe it to be, rather than substance ie thoroughness and diligence in what you do.

Most companies seem to think their whole customer base is about 21, uses Facebook or Twitter and spends the whole day talking crap on mobile phones (we have forums for that!).
Old 14-01-2012, 15:07   #867
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
So, you're suggesting VM are about book in the region of 100 to 200 thousand or more additional engineer visits to roll out a "free" upgrade - for, as I see it, no reason at all?

That's in the region of a million pounds worth of expenditure, to check people's modems are working and update a config file (both of which can be done remotely at negligable cost). Really?
Nope not saying that at all, and neither are Virgin

Only customers that need network work at their address will get an engineer as part of the uplifts. Everyone else will get kit via Self Install
Old 14-01-2012, 15:13   #868
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:

Maggy J
Cable Forum Team

If you have any issues with any CF Team member then approach the team directly, do not post it in this or any other forum area. If you pursue this silly agenda against Kymmy and/or Maggy you will find your time on CF coming to an abrupt end.

Get back to the subject at hand immediately.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 15:13   #869
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
You been to specsavers??? What has Maggy's posts got to do with mine???
That clears up the confusion. My mistake- apologies.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 15:24   #870
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It displays it at the left hand side for some people. If you look back at some of her previous posts, it says that she is 59. I'm not sure if this a software glitch or something else.
The only glitch is in your memory. The age in a post is always 'real time'.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote