Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Voyager 1500 Wireless Prob

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BT Voyager 1500 Wireless Prob

Old 16-07-2007, 10:08   #1
ToGoogle
Inactive

ToGoogle is an unknown quantity at this point
BT Voyager 1500 Wireless Prob

I've bought a BT Voyager 1500 router for my cable connection. I only want to provide a wireless connection for my laptop.

The cable modem is connected direct to my pc via usb, and the router is connected via Ethenet cable.

All seems fine, except both my desktop and laptop experience intermittent connection?? Can only solve this by unplugging router from my modem, which of coarse means that no internet for my Laptop.

Please someone must of had similar problem and knows the answer, getting very close to giving my router wings :P
ToGoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2007, 10:14   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: BT Voyager 1500 Wireless Prob

to the forum.

Your cable modem can only support USB or Ethernet connection, not both at the same time. Connect the router to the modem via ethernet and the PC to the router.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 10:26   #3
ToGoogle
Inactive

ToGoogle is an unknown quantity at this point

Umm, cant believe i'm so stupid :P

Seems to have fixed it, thx so much for that, you've saved my router from its first and final flying lesson.

One more question if i can be cheeky, does this router slow down my connection or?
ToGoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 00:17   #4
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToGoogle View Post

Seems to have fixed it, thx so much for that, you've saved my router from its first and final flying lesson.

One more question if i can be cheeky, does this router slow down my connection or?
Depends on the speed of the routers WAN port I believe some routers have a problem keeping up with the 20mbit service.

You shouldn't really lose any speed going though the router, unless of course both your PC's are on in which case they will be sharing the connection so if you are say downloading on one pc it will affect the speed available to the other one.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 01:04   #5
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToGoogle View Post

Easily done mate - we've all been there
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote