Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 17:10   #5971
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice
Re: TiVo

Oh, forgot summat that I got told in the VM store

The EBAY app, which the guy admitted was pretty much for browsing, is being looked at so that it links to your own eBay account. If you win then the cost of your winning bid will be added to your following months Virgin bill!!

Ok, I'm taking this with a major pinch of salt but he had a couple of other VM staff who were agreeing with him so maybe there is substance to this? Can any of the VM staff on here confirm this?

Having seen a demo I've gone from being a bit "Yeah, TiVo might be a nice bit of kit to have" to full on rabid "GIMME GIMME GIMME"!!

PB
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 17:14   #5972
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
Can someone confirm whether you can or can not select a recorded program to output via one of the scarts on TIVO and then carry on watching normal TV or another recording?.
TiVo only has one SCART and no you can't
Old 02-04-2011, 17:14   #5973
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
Or Sky
It's called being neutral one or two on here want to try it , have I ever said sky don't make negotiations hard NO merely said there's always to sides to any story , I've commended VM for many things like their BB , and even TIVO seems a decent enough product but a product to make people leave Sky in their droves I think not.
Old 02-04-2011, 17:40   #5974
davidthornton
Inactive

davidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nice

I received the TiVo user telephone call from Virgin Media last week asking me what I thought of it. I told them I'm mostly pleased with it and if they can continue improving speed and reliability, as well as adding box-to-box streaming of recordings as well as support for the TiVo bluetooth slide out remote control then I'll be very happy. Has anyone else been called?
Old 02-04-2011, 17:45   #5975
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's called being neutral one or two on here want to try it , have I ever said sky don't make negotiations hard NO merely said there's always to sides to any story , I've commended VM for many things like their BB , and even TIVO seems a decent enough product but a product to make people leave Sky in their droves I think not.
Woah, chill. Tongue in cheek again, I'll put it away, sorry.
Old 02-04-2011, 17:47   #5976
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboz View Post
woah, chill. Tongue in cheek again, i'll put it away, sorry.
lol :d
Old 02-04-2011, 20:51   #5977
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

There's not much more to be said on this thread really! Maybe it's time to put it to bed and start a fresh topic without all the recriminations.
Old 02-04-2011, 21:01   #5978
davidthornton
Inactive

davidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
There's not much more to be said on this thread really! Maybe it's time to put it to bed and start a fresh topic without all the recriminations.
No, not yet. Need to get to page 400 first!
Old 02-04-2011, 21:06   #5979
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthornton View Post
No, not yet. Need to get to page 400 first!
Yes but then you may say get to 500?
Old 02-04-2011, 21:31   #5980
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Have Virgin Media ever given a solid launch date for any product that they've released in the past? Serious question.
Old 02-04-2011, 21:39   #5981
comfortbear
Inactive

Services: TV: XL Broadband: XXL Home Phone: XL V+ HD
comfortbear is an unknown quantity at this point

Wooooohooooo we've reached page 400
Old 02-04-2011, 21:51   #5982
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
If people think the prices are to high for a state of the art set top box such as the TiVo then they should look elsewhere but nothing else will come close, you want the product then you pay the product price simple.
I think the point he is trying to make is because of the high
cost of TIVO VM are unlikely to get the uptake they hoped they would. Perhaps the baby TIVO will do better if marketed and priced better.

I do understand where people are saying that VM need to recover their costs but this also needs to be weighed against maintaining their customer base. I am not excessively complaining though - I'm just sticking with my V+ box until the time is right. I think many others will do the same.
Old 02-04-2011, 22:03   #5983
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

I entered the website competition but didn't win. I didn't bother pre-registering as I believed in all likelihood I wouldn't be able to afford it. I think that the £149 plus a £40 intall fee for a box that you are renting, when many of us paid upfront for V+, I was right. I was a little surpirsed, as I thought that pre-reggers would get a better deal than that, but there's no point in moaning as there is no compulsion to get one. It looks like a good product, albeit still with the odd bug, I'll probably take a look at the smaller version when that is launched.

For the people who were moaning when it got to March 31st and were moaning they hadn't had their email, have you really been sitting round your computers for 4 months waiting, LOL! And as for some of the abuse at VM staff, well that is completely out of order. If waiting for a new cable box is the worst thing that is happening in your life, then it ain't that bad!
Old 02-04-2011, 22:20   #5984
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Have Virgin Media ever given a solid launch date for any product that they've released in the past? Serious question.
Has any company? Serious question.
Old 02-04-2011, 23:21   #5985
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

So much for my suggestion then!
Closed Thread