Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV360

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV360

Old 20-04-2023, 22:22   #46
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: TV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You've always been jealous of my scart OB
Once they've sucked you into 360 there's no going back, which is strange given its name ....

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Problem with clouds/streaming is that they cease to exist if your interweb fails, which VMs has been doing a bit lately.
If your internet fails, you can’t access recordings on your VM V6, so no worse off…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2023, 22:27   #47
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What error beyond what's already been corrected?

Tell me the difference between them then? Last time me and Spiderplant discussed this, we couldn't see any difference between bookmarking a VOD programme and selecting a 'cloud recording' of a programme.
The Swiss cable system offer...Up to 2,000 hours of recordings
Record up to 2,000 hours of your favorite shows – simultaneously, as a series recording and up to seven days after they aired. All recordings are stored for one year.

Doesn't look the same as our vod system at all.
Old 20-04-2023, 22:44   #48
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Record up to 2,000 hours of your favorite shows – simultaneously, as a series recording and up to seven days after they aired. All recordings are stored for one year.

The way that they are presenting it (as a personal video recorder in the cloud wwould be better than the current system if it had all the same features like QuockView.

It won't be personalised recordings though. If 1,000 people 'record' (I say bookmark) Eastenders they will all be viewing the same stream. Those who choose to watch it via VOD will also be watching the same stream.

Attempts to introduce this system in the UK have been tried and failed due to objections from rights holders in the past, which is why we have to carry out local recordings ourselves.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If your internet fails, you can’t access recordings on your VM V6, so no worse off…
In my experience, you can (as long as you don't attempt to reboot the box).
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2023, 07:49   #49
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

I'm struggling to understand that. On my 360, I can select 'add to watchlist' and instead of recording the programme or series onto my hard drive, I am selecting programmes from the 'on demand' system. And that, for all intents and purposes means 'the cloud'.

Similarly, on the V6, you can 'bookmark' the programme with the same result.

I haven't yet come across any limitation on the number of hours of programming I can access in this way, but apart from that, I don't see any difference between the watchlist/bookmarking system and recording to the cloud. So I think Richard is right on that.

What is the difference you perceive?
Old 21-04-2023, 10:02   #50
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

RECORD up to 2000 hours.... Recordings are stored for a year.

I perceive that I would have RECORDINGS .... The difference is where they are.

You know how long you have to watch etc whereas shows often disappear from streaming sites or change location etc m
Old 21-04-2023, 12:02   #51
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Cloud recordings and VOD catch up are the same thing with all the earlier outlined disadvantages that this entails.

The only people who can still record on a 360 are those that converted their old V6 boxes with a software download.

New customers can only have a 360 box that does not have a recording facility, so it's inevitable that, as these boxes fail due to age, they will be replaced with a box that cannot record.
Nonsense - my 360 has a perfect recording facility- almost exactly the same as TiVo and it records 6 programs at the same time instead of 3.

Last edited by Hugh; 21-04-2023 at 12:38.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2023, 18:45   #52
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post
Nonsense - my 360 has a perfect recording facility- almost exactly the same as TiVo and it records 6 programs at the same time instead of 3.
That's great,: never found 3 shows that NEED to be recorded at the same time never mind 6. Sounds like marketing BS to me but each to there own
Old 21-04-2023, 18:47   #53
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough

The voice control of TV360 is more than brilliant.
It does almost everything you command, doing away with the need for other buttons and "forward 5 minutes" sees the adverts gone in a split second.
Old 21-04-2023, 22:08   #54
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post
You will have have an ability to record on your main box. Extra boxes won't be abe to record, unless you previously had V6(s) that were updated to the 360 software.

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Quote:
RECORD up to 2000 hours.... Recordings are stored for a year.

I perceive that I would have RECORDINGS .... The difference is where they are.

You know how long you have to watch etc whereas shows often disappear from streaming sites or change location etc m
They may use the term 'record', but in essence it will be a VOD stream with an expiry date of one year from when an individual (and others) bookmarked the programme.

I too can't understand why there is a cap on the number of hours. Maybe it's an attempt to limit the number of programmes in tje system to save on capacity??

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 21-04-2023 at 22:13. Reason: Spelling. fac RDA.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2023, 22:37   #55
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
That's great,: never found 3 shows that NEED to be recorded at the same time never mind 6. Sounds like marketing BS to me but each to there own
I recall reading suggestions a while ago that, underneath the hood, the V6 was in fact a 'V8'. I'm assuming that was an unfounded rumour though, as no software update ever transpired.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2023, 23:27   #56
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Quote:

They may use the term 'record', but in essence it will be a VOD stream with an expiry date of one year from when an individual (and others) bookmarked the programme.
What's your source that it's not recordings?
Old 21-04-2023, 23:50   #57
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Well, it’s not a recording in the true sense. It is bookmarking. Your ‘record’ button is pressed, and the box bookmarks the programme that’s sitting there in the ‘cloud’ for all to access as they want it. It’s basically just an on demand system.
Old 22-04-2023, 09:33   #58
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I recall reading suggestions a while ago that, underneath the hood, the V6 was in fact a 'V8'. I'm assuming that was an unfounded rumour though, as no software update ever transpired.
It does have eight tuners though the V6 software only uses six of them. I suspect 360 software does use all eight (ever noticed how quickly you can channel surf on it?)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2023, 09:36   #59
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

You really have to laugh at Richard who, from a position of no knowledge, makes poor guesses of functionality simply so he can have a go at an organisation that he hates for some unreasonable reason.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2023, 09:47   #60
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, it’s not a recording in the true sense. It is bookmarking. Your ‘record’ button is pressed, and the box bookmarks the programme that’s sitting there in the ‘cloud’ for all to access as they want it. It’s basically just an on demand system.
What is your source of information?

If it was this system then why would there be a limit on recordable hours?

Neither you or Richard have any legitimate source m. Why don't you just say that it's a best guess rather than implying fact?