Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Linksys Router and NTL 250 MODEM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problem with NTL 250

Old 16-05-2009, 18:06   #1
Cyberman
Inactive

Cyberman is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with NTL 250

I have read through posts but havnt found any quite what i need so:

I have been asked by a client to re install his wireless router, but he had forgot the username and password he used at registration.

Now I surmised that I would just get these from the NTL 250 router so I looked for its ip : ipconfig /all but I was unable to access it in iexplorer using the ipaddress.

I have found in some posts reference to a ntl 250 configerator, is this what I need or am I going to stumble at any walls i,e pins?

As soon as I retrieve his username and pass then I should then be able to set up his wireless router.

can anyone tell me what I need to do.
Cyberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2009, 20:27   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Problem with NTL 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
I have read through posts but havnt found any quite what i need so:

I have been asked by a client to re install his wireless router, but he had forgot the username and password he used at registration.

Now I surmised that I would just get these from the NTL 250 router so I looked for its ip : ipconfig /all but I was unable to access it in iexplorer using the ipaddress.

I have found in some posts reference to a ntl 250 configerator, is this what I need or am I going to stumble at any walls i,e pins?

As soon as I retrieve his username and pass then I should then be able to set up his wireless router.

can anyone tell me what I need to do.
The NTL250 is just a modem not a wireless router and to go wireless you need to connect up a cable router and then you can set up a network.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 17:32   #3
Cyberman
Inactive

Sorry I will try explain better ,His NTL 250 is attached to a wireless router with an ethernet cable ,now to recieve wireless on his laptop he needs the username and password from the NTL - 250 , which I presume will be the same as the username, password used at registration.
Now with him forgetting and not writing them down ,I was thinking I will have to use this 250 - Configurator software it mentions on these boards.

OK now am I on the right track?
Old 19-05-2009, 17:43   #4
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Sorry I will try explain better ,His NTL 250 is attached to a wireless router with an ethernet cable ,now to recieve wireless on his laptop he needs the username and password from the NTL - 250 , which I presume will be the same as the username, password used at registration.
Now with him forgetting and not writing them down ,I was thinking I will have to use this 250 - Configurator software it mentions on these boards.

Nope

You don't need to authenticate to use cable if the modem has been registered. A username and password, actually just a passphrase is probably required for the router security protocol such as WPA - PSK.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 18:28   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

You will have to post what model the router is as that is the only piece of equipment that requires a username and password .
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 22:51   #6
Cyberman
Inactive

I finaly sorted it well half way anyway:
I gained entry to the wireless router and set an SID and the encription but when it came to adding a profile on his laptop I couldnt believe he had a corrupt WMI which is why he lost the connection in the 1st place so Im going have to fix that now.

Thx for help all thus far