Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 21-11-2011, 12:33   #106
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You won't be disappointed
That sounds very positive!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2011, 16:31   #107
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Bought the Missus an IPAD 2 for Xmas., so I can have mine back !!
Can see a remote control battle coming up when the app is released

Please don't anybody tell her about the app !
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 16:44   #108
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post

LOL
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 18:36   #109
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post

Get another TiVo so you can have one each

Regards

John.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 19:32   #110
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Get another TiVo so you can have one each

Regards

John.
Old 22-11-2011, 10:32   #111
Blokie
Inactive

Services: 1Tb TiVo XL + SS, 50Mb BB, Phone
Blokie is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried the official TiVo iPad app from the US Appstore this morning (after I got the 15.2 update overnight), and it doesn't find the VM TiVo :-(

TiVo Commander (on Andriod), however, works a charm.
Blokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:24   #112
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blokie View Post
I tried the official TiVo iPad app from the US Appstore this morning (after I got the 15.2 update overnight), and it doesn't find the VM TiVo :-(

TiVo Commander (on Andriod), however, works a charm.
You have to wait for the official VM TiVo Buddy app.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:51   #113
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
You have to wait for the official VM TiVo Buddy app.
Any realise date?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:57   #114
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Any realise date?
I don't know, and if I did I couldn't say.

My guess would be the same time as the Spotify app, 29th November.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 12:34   #115
Blokie
Inactive

Services: 1Tb TiVo XL + SS, 50Mb BB, Phone
Blokie is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was going to be a long shot, but thought it was worth a punt :-)

Fingers crossed for 29th then!
Blokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 21:11   #116
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
tivo ipad app and networkremote control

hi how can I control my tive box from my ipod touch or my ipad when I go into settings and turn on network remote control it will not work ?

2 how do I get remote recorde tivo app for my ipad?

Andrew
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 21:17   #117
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of
Re: tivo ipad app and networkremote control

For the remote record download the official VM app from the App Store - Virgin Media TV Guide

For the control of the TIVO box, have you connected the TIVO to your Smarthub and downloaded the Peanut Remote app? Currently Android has a better remote for the TIVO while we wait for the official VM apps

I currently use my iPhone for remote record and my Android tablet for TIVO commander for local control
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 09:41   #118
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: tivo ipad app and networkremote control

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
hi how can I control my tivo box from my ipod touch or my ipad when I go into settings and turn on network remote control it will not work ?

2 how do I get remote recorde tivo app for my ipad?

Andrew
Go to the app store and look for TV Guide by Virgin Media for the remote record. Its on the Android Marketplace and Apple App Store.

For the TiVo controller you need to have your TiVo wired to your router by ethernet and also download one of the apps required. Currently the official TiVo buddy for iOS isn't released yet but on Android there is TiVo commander, an unofficial app which works great.
Old 25-11-2011, 18:06   #119
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Oh dear check out the post from the Forum Manager http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...pp/td-p/873291

Just get the damn thing out and add new features when they are ready.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 18:15   #120
Doz007
cf.geek

Wow, I hope that's wrong. They've said that it would be out by the end of the year since April. It's been out for almost a year in the states already.

VM must be doing one hell of a customisation job for it to take them this long to release it!!