Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 06-03-2014, 10:36   #4381
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Sky Sports to show womens' Rugby World Cup this summer.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-unio...up-this-summer
Old 06-03-2014, 20:02   #4382
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Another one for me to miss!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 12:00   #4383
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Peace threatens to break out as BSkyB and BT move closer to deal to share television rights for European clubs

Quote:
A historic agreement between BSkyB and BT to share the television rights for European club rugby moved a step closer on Thursday night after senior executives for the warring media giants spoke openly about a “solution” being found.

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis indicated a willingness to “compromise” and BT Vision chief executive Marc Watson said he was “optimistic” of striking a deal that would remove the biggest hurdle to a successor for the Heineken Cup.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...ean-clubs.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 12:13   #4384
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Don't expect the ceasefire to be a permanent one though.
Old 16-03-2014, 07:03   #4385
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Watching the Grand Prix through my Now TV box. The picture quality is really good, although it sounds a bit muted but I'm not sure if that's the new regulations at this point (tickets booked for Silverstone so I'll know by July!). Just a shame about the Sky team - Ted Kravitz, all pleased with himself because he'd diagnosed a faulty cylinder based on engine noise, then hammers on about there being no spark plugs in the new engines. They then have to return to him so he can correct himself and provide a waffly explanation of what he really meant, only for Martin Brundle to make out that he knew Kravitz was wrong all along but didn't want to correct him! Very amateurish.

Anyway, I'm digressing. Now TV really good.
Old 16-03-2014, 11:39   #4386
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Watching the Grand Prix through my Now TV box. The picture quality is really good, although it sounds a bit muted but I'm not sure if that's the new regulations at this point (tickets booked for Silverstone so I'll know by July!). Just a shame about the Sky team - Ted Kravitz, all pleased with himself because he'd diagnosed a faulty cylinder based on engine noise, then hammers on about there being no spark plugs in the new engines. They then have to return to him so he can correct himself and provide a waffly explanation of what he really meant, only for Martin Brundle to make out that he knew Kravitz was wrong all along but didn't want to correct him! Very amateurish.

Anyway, I'm digressing. Now TV really good.
Pleased to hear Now TV is decent but I`m still undecided as to whether it`s good value or not. I suppose really it all depends on how much you watch sports and/or sky films `eh.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 14:35   #4387
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Pleased to hear Now TV is decent but I`m still undecided as to whether it`s good value or not. I suppose really it all depends on how much you watch sports and/or sky films `eh.
Yes. I've said before I work two Sundays out of every three. A Grand Prix and two Premier League matches for less than a tenner (and I got five passes bundled with the box so it's even less than that) when I probably won't see much sport for the rest of the month is well worth it I reckon. If I was home every Sunday I'd be subscribing full time to Sky Sports.

Fwiw the picture's been fluctuating during the United match between very good (better than sd imo) and digitised. No buffering though.
Old 16-03-2014, 16:16   #4388
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I don't watch a lot of sport, infact it is limited to Newcastle games really. I Find Now TV to be excellent for catching the match if it is on Sky Sports while not having to shell out for the rest of the month where i am watching nothing. Day passes can be had for about £3 on ebay which i see as a fair price.

I have been so impressed i plan on signing up to the movies and ditching Netflix. I bought a friend a box and 4 months movies for £24.99 and have been impressed with the selection of movies on demand as well as the linear channels. The box is also great for streaming content you have on a PC to your TV through Plex. Worth the £9.99 for the box alone for that 1 feature.

Don't get me wrong i am very happy with my VM services, but why pay more to VM rather than cutting out the middle man getting the same service at half the cost makes a lot of sense to me as i already have the box.
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 21:39   #4389
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
I don't watch a lot of sport, infact it is limited to Newcastle games really. I Find Now TV to be excellent for catching the match if it is on Sky Sports while not having to shell out for the rest of the month where i am watching nothing. Day passes can be had for about £3 on ebay which i see as a fair price.

I have been so impressed i plan on signing up to the movies and ditching Netflix. I bought a friend a box and 4 months movies for £24.99 and have been impressed with the selection of movies on demand as well as the linear channels. The box is also great for streaming content you have on a PC to your TV through Plex. Worth the £9.99 for the box alone for that 1 feature.

Don't get me wrong i am very happy with my VM services, but why pay more to VM rather than cutting out the middle man getting the same service at half the cost makes a lot of sense to me as i already have the box.
Fair points you make. For me I watch as much football as possible,work permitting,and I hardly ever watch films although my partner does,so perhaps for me Now TV wouldn`t be good value?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 14:48   #4390
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Agreement over future of rugby union's European Cup finally reached.

http://www.theguardian.com/media
Old 18-03-2014, 06:23   #4391
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

ITV to broadcast new Formula E series

http://asia.eurosport.com/motorsport...04/story.shtml
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 07:00   #4392
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
ITV to broadcast new Formula E series

http://asia.eurosport.com/motorsport...04/story.shtml
I saw that. Interesting I think that it's Fox everywhere else. I wonder if this is a short term measure aimed at growing an audience before going behind a pay wall at some point.

Had been quite looking forward to it all but with the new regulations in f1 I'm not sure I any longer see the point fully. The cars look amazing, though.
Old 19-03-2014, 16:20   #4393
denphone
Still alive and fighting

TalkTalk raises its broadband and TV package prices.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...band-tv-prices
Old 21-03-2014, 19:42   #4394
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

Just been having a clear out and found my Apple TV 3 which I had misplaced.
Anyway i plugged in it to see what was available when I updated the software.
The question is how long as the NOW sky sports app been on the Apple TV?.
£9.99 a day though. I suppose it's suits some people who watch the occasional day of sports that suit them.
Cheers
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 17:05   #4395
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I agree, it's not worth it if you watch a lot of sport.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote