Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One of a thousand

Old 06-02-2011, 01:33   #136
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One of a thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpizza View Post
OK, I'm really annoyed I'm a VIP100 customer plus a Tivo Series One owner. I get the great deal of paying £150 up front plus an extra £3pm, whereas VIP50 customers get a Tivo for free!

I'm cancelling my order on Monday. Looks like this campaign back fired on me.
if it was all VIP 50 Customers i would have had it so it not. it 1000 randomly selected people who will get there hands on it first before it offically getting launched. so crying coz u didn't get picked so what no one cares i'm not bothered that i didn't get picked just wait like most other people it not long now before it gonna be on sale. i'm waiting till december till i start trying to get it.
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 01:42   #137
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Mr-S can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
No letter or call for me either. VIP50 at full whack each month. Pre-registered my interest on day one. Surname near the top of the alphabet.

At least it's dry here...
Good luck to people that got the 1000. I can now feel a little better about talking about the deal I was given from CEO office, didnt want to mention as get bombarded with messages from people. As a thank you for putting up with 3 years of poor service and countless tech issues (I shant bore you with the details) was given a free TiVo and free install but have to still pay £3 per month fee. Havent got an install date was told would be contacted back in early Feb and guy I'm dealing with is on holiday til Monday so at least another week and have a SA V+ thats suffering from PMT and throws a strop randomly and has done a couple of times again in last couple of weeks.

I feel sorry for you dude, been writing a blog for god knows how long about TiVo and NOBODY in PR/Marketing team at VM can provide you with the same as these 1000 lucky guys, nothing short of disgraceful. If anyone deserves a free box its you, the amount free promo they have gotten off your back thats the least could give you, outrageous mate!
Mr-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:04   #138
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

I couldn't care less about this promo and anyone how has been successful, good on ya but I still want to know when I will be getting mine and how much I will be paying. I have been waiting for over a year for this and it is pain staking to not know.
gaz2810i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:01   #139
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

For anyone who hasn't seen the lucky 1000 video:

http://tivo.virginmedia.com/davidsmith

These people appear to be getting TIVO free for life!

I wonder what the criteria was for choosing the 1000. Would anyone who has received a remote control like to share with us how long they have been a Virgin customer for, and how long they've been on VIP? If you don't want to disclose that info, fair enough. Just trying to build a clear picture here as to how the lucky 1000 may have been picked. So far we know the following have received remotes:

1. People who registered an interest in TIVO
2. People who didn't register an interest
3. People on VIP50
4. People on VIP20
5. David Smith

It may be true that all of us on VIP packages will receive TIVO, as part of our package, but will it be free installation and will it be free for life?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:15   #140
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

VM should have been clearer on the criteria for this 1 in a thousand offer. If it is VIP users only then I have no issue (they double what I do to VM), but if it was a completely random selection from everybody who signed up then they should have made this clear.

VM are in danger of making a mess of what could have been a good incentive for VM customers to sign up and if it was VIP only I wouldn’t be happy if I was a VIP who didn’t receive this offer.

Still looking forward to receiving my Tivo eventually but feel the demand is creating a few very frustrated VM customers out there !!
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:14   #141
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I'm an original VIP20 customer and have been for 3 years.

Now I'm disappointed I am not 1 of the 1000 but if Virgin have done this then congrats to the lucky ones. None of us no matter what package have the right to get this free etc it's totally up to Virgin.

My only issue with all this is I actually have an original Tivo with lifetime subscription sat in my study. Now I never registered it on that webiste as maybe stupidly thought well surely existing customers who register their interest on their official site would get first look in or at least probably notified of the potential cost.

When actually it seems those original Tivo owners are the only ones to be contacted as Virgin sees them as new subscriptions and those suckers on VIP will more than likely cough up anyway but just in a few months time.

I just wish they would outright tell VIP customers what the situation is whether it be now or for in a few months time.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:33   #142
Joesam
Inactive

Joesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I was one of the lucky ones who got a remote and I have registered that I would like it, I am still waiting for them to phone me about it. I had not seen anything about the Tivo launch, so had not registered for it at all. I am a VIP50 customer though. There is some smallprint on the back of the letter, so wasn't sure exactly what it would cost, but after reading the sentence very carefully, I have deciphered it to read as being free, both the installation and the monthly service fee. I hope that it improves what content we are being offered at the moment. The tv channels on offer are so boring. My wife has taken over the tv, so I have very little input there. I tend to download to my pc, whatever I want to watch. All these AMAZING shows Sky Atlantic is boasting about, I watched months ago. I find that the Americans do make some really good tv shows, but so few of them get to run more than a couple of episodes before they are canned. The tv bosses over there seem to only keep the dumbed down ones which have the widest appeal. Anything that has the slightest bit of a clever storyline, tends to be dumped. Very few of them make it through. At the latest launch of new tv shows, out of the ten new ones, about three made it through and they were definitely not the best. Safe, but not good. Just plain boring. They had a really good show called Lone Star which had a really good story line. Lasted three episodes. The Terriers, Chase, all pretty good shows, canned. One series to watch out for, is Treme. Very enjoyable. Blue Bloods, very boring. Stopped watching after the second episode.
Well that's my two cents worth.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Oh yes, forgot about the American version of Shameless. Simply amazing.
Joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:24   #143
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-S View Post
I feel sorry for you dude, been writing a blog for god knows how long about TiVo and NOBODY in PR/Marketing team at VM can provide you with the same as these 1000 lucky guys, nothing short of disgraceful. If anyone deserves a free box its you, the amount free promo they have gotten off your back thats the least could give you, outrageous mate!
Thanks, but it is an anonymous blog - I'm just a customer, and don't feel entitled to any special service from VM. I would be surprised if VM have a note of me being "Nialli" on my customer record.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:30   #144
dazgwinn
Inactive

dazgwinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: One of a thousand

I'm on VIP50, registered on the first day and so far i've got zip!
While i don't begrudge any one who has received the offer i can honestly say it has really upset me that this is not across the board and fair for everyone.
Let's face it-
Free Tivo
Free for life
Couriered personalized remote
special web access that's individualized

I've been the backbone of VM for years, never moaned or missed a payment and they have really, really alienated me and others who are their best customers over this matter.
I'm seriously hurt by this and i'm really considering telling them to shove it if that's how important i am to them.
I know that it would be foolish of me to chuck my toy's out of the pram over this but ultimately i can't help feeling this.
dazgwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:36   #145
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazgwinn View Post
While i don't begrudge any one who has received the offer i can honestly say it has really upset me that this is not across the board and fair for everyone.
Let's face it-
Free Tivo
Free for life

I've been the backbone of VM for years, never moaned or missed a payment and they have really, really alienated me and others who are their best customers over this matter.
I'm seriously hurt by this and i'm really considering telling them to shove it if that's how important i am to them.
I know that it would be foolish of me to chuck my toy's out of the pram over this but ultimately i can't help feeling this.
We don't know if this is part of the phased rollout - unti you know more, I'd suggest keeping the toys pram-side. Maybe line them up on the edge, but it would be premature to hurl them out just yet.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:36   #146
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Let's face it-
Free Tivo
Free for life

At lot of their best customer probably aren't even aware there's this promo going on I wouldn't have done if I didn't come on the forums - my mother in law certainly isn't
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:41   #147
dazgwinn
Inactive

dazgwinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't help feeling brassed off
dazgwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:16   #148
Lynchy
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V.I.P + 50mb
Lynchy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant help feeling annoyed if it is just a select few. Will hold onto my dummy for now just in case something is in the pipeline.
Lynchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:52   #149
millenp
Inactive

millenp is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok- got the remote:

On VIP 50 (upgraded from 20 a few months back)
Got VIP when it came out
Been a customer of Ntl/Comtel for years and years
Didn't register or express an interest in Tivo (but had some idea what it was and would have got it after the scrum)
Didn't know anything about it until the remote turned up and I tuned in for the disturbingly individualised promo video.
Did get a mail back in december inviting me to join the "sofa" community group (specially selected or something) - didn't get around to signing up yet.
Have got recent activity with Virgin - upgraded the second old SD box to V HD (£60 one off)
Never missed a payment - endured many years of NTLs legendary terrible customer service because the technology, particularly the broadband has always been the best

Very grateful for the freebee (first one I ever had!) but can quite understand why this has annoyed the faithful.

wouldn't be surprised if Tivo was chucked into the VIP 50 at some point - like the HD premium cost of £7 was. Giving away 1000 boxes to get some momentum at a stage where they still might be buggy, is shrewd - you can't complain because it was free - bugs get ironed out before other customers start to pay £150 for them.
millenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:58   #150
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Can't help feeling brassed off
to all you that are 'brassed off' by not being included in the lucky 1000 I have one question:

Do you complain to Camelot (or whoever runs the lottery these days) each week when you do not win? you are all mad - get a grip

good luck to the fortunate few - and no I wasn't one of them.
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote