Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | joined Sky yesterday

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

joined Sky yesterday

Old 12-07-2012, 14:05   #1
gj4009
Inactive

gj4009 is an unknown quantity at this point
joined Sky yesterday

Hi one and all, just signed up to Sky again yesterday, was with them before taking the move over to Virgin for the Tivo box just going to share the reasons as to why i felt i had to take the plunge.

With all the problems we had with virgins network I really want to stress the network NOT the tivo. The mrs has finally bent my ear enough to move over to Sky. Poor SD picture quality on both boxes (tivo and vhd) lipsync on nearly every HD channel both boxes, on demand content having poor picture quality and some lip sync issues, movies not playing from Sky movies Anytime, the epg being out of whack and the recordings getting messed up. Virgin need to sort out these problems in the areas that are suffering from them or more unfortunate blokes like me are going to get their ears chewed till they give in, and they will loose more customers.

In fairness we had 3 or 4 engineers out to fix things not a single one could do anything, it was raised with the network team and they just closed to fault ticket without even telling us. The broadband and phone will be staying with virgin as we get an average of 98mbps with less than 10 ms of ping and jitter will peak at 2 - 3 ms. But the TV just had so many problems that were network related it just became impossible to live with.

Not quite sure why there are so many problems with the network and I don't know if I am just an unlucky minority but whichever way round you look at it, its not good. Top marks to the lady I spoke to on the phone though she was very understanding and waived the early termination of the TV services because of the problems we have had. Not going to lie i will miss the TiVo box because i think it is far more functional than skys stb, but i will take the reliability of sky any day of the week.
gj4009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 14:38   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: joined Sky yesterday

Welcome to the forum , if you need help with any Sky related stuff give us a shout , the Sky+HD box functionality is an evolving product with the introduction of the new EPG which allows Sky to make changes quicker than before , there are quite a few new features in the pipeline.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 14:46   #3
gj4009
Inactive

Yeah, i saw the new EPG on the sky website and had a little nosey on youtube it looks a lot prettier than the old one did, seems more curvy and less blocky. What new features are in the pipeline ? quite curious now lol
Old 12-07-2012, 14:47   #4
InformationMedia
Inactive

Services: Sky HDTV/Sky Sports/ESPN & Muitiroom. 20MB Virgin Broadband/Unlimited Calls
InformationMedia is on a distinguished roadInformationMedia is on a distinguished road

I am having Sky installed a week Saturday

What happens on the day of the installation?
InformationMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 14:53   #5
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Things like planner sharing , iPad app (remote control functionality , the ability to view/edit your planner) , iplayer/itv player addition plus changes to On Demand plus other minor STB functions. Are you taking a new STB ? The older Sky+HD boxes will only receive the new EPG later in the year , the old Thomson Sky+HD box wont receive the update as its not compatible.
Old 12-07-2012, 15:22   #6
gj4009
Inactive

lol i should hope i get a new box, i signed up to the full package, with HD and ESPN, if they give me an old box i wont be to impressed to be honest haha.
Old 12-07-2012, 15:47   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj4009 View Post
lol i should hope i get a new box, i signed up to the full package, with HD and ESPN, if they give me an old box i wont be to impressed to be honest haha.
I asked as I wasn't sure whether you'd been a customer before with your own equipment who'd received an offer to return.
Old 12-07-2012, 16:02   #8
gj4009
Inactive

ahhh i see lol, well yes i was a customer but a long time ago and we no longer have that box so yeah we will be getting a new box
Old 13-07-2012, 08:07   #9
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Welcome.

It is a good time to join as there is lots of new features just added/about to be added
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote