Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2012, 22:22   #811
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Some new channels would be nice
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2012, 22:36   #812
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I have enough trouble watching everything I'm recording right now so I'm happy with no new channels really
Old 16-05-2012, 22:44   #813
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I have enough trouble watching everything I'm recording right now so I'm happy with no new channels really
I must admit it has almost turned into a job watching the programs I've recorded onto TiVo!

Old 16-05-2012, 22:50   #814
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Diva and Sky Living Loves. Gone but not forgiven.
Thanks for info.

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Been neglecting the old cable forum lately (little promotion final match comming on Sunday with 30,000 mates ) seems no news for months on channels comming to VM
All I know is UKTV are set to launch Ailbi HD in July 2012 on both Virgin Media and Sky.

I think Virgin will put Ailbi HD on Virgin Channel 131 with Ailbi +1 moving to Channel 193 or 194 (I forgot where Sony TV is)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 16-05-2012, 22:59   #815
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I want HD channels really more HD content, I dislike watching SD now. But to be fair I don't have to watch SD very often.

I guess the channels I really want were not very likely to get soon if ever. Sky Atlantic HD, Sky Sports 3 & 4 HD. But I'd like to see the missing ITV HD channels appear this year.
Old 16-05-2012, 23:01   #816
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Welcome home MB. Hope you're OK. Would be good to have Alibi in HD, Dolby AC3.

Old 16-05-2012, 23:06   #817
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
Welcome home MB. Hope you're OK. Would be good to have Alibi in HD, Dolby AC3.
Just online trying to keep my mind off it.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 16-05-2012, 23:08   #818
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I guess the channels I really want were not very likely to get soon if ever. Sky Atlantic HD, Sky Sports 3 & 4 HD

My thoughts entirely.
Old 16-05-2012, 23:48   #819
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

American Networks ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS and The CW Have Annouced Which Shows Have Been Renewed, Axed and Picked Up For 2012/2013 Season. The Pilots That Have been Picked up are: Mathew Perry (Chandler from Friends) returns in Comedy Called Go On, Kevin Bacon Stars in a Serial Killer Drama Called The Following, Sex and The City Prequal The Carrie Diaries, Updated Version of Beauty & The Beast, Supernatural Drama 666 Park Avenue Starring Terry o Quinn Locke From Lost & Vanessa Williams Wilomena From Ugly Betty & Desperate Housewives, JJ Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Alias) & Eric Kripe (Supernatural) Have joined Forces With Revoultion, Robert Nepper (T Bag From Prison Break) Stars in Cult, Firefighter Drama from Creators of Law & Order Chicago Fire and Lucy Liu Is Watson in Elementary alongside Johnny Lee Miller as Sherlock etc Lets Hope They Get picked up over here in the United Kingdom. You Can Watch Brand New trailers on Youtube.com
Old 17-05-2012, 00:03   #820
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
I want HD channels really more HD content, I dislike watching SD now. But to be fair I don't have to watch SD very often. .
Surely there can't be just me who isn't really that bothered if something's not in HD?!

If I have the choice I will record something in HD but I really don't care if it's not. If you see what I mean

For example, I would have missed two seasons of the brilliant "Rizzolli & Isles" and also "Covert Affairs" if I had insisted on only watching things in HD. (Of course, now WatchHD has started showing the latter from the start! If only it had been the other way round
Old 17-05-2012, 00:13   #821
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

It's not simply the visual aspect of HD Carl. All SD broadcasts are in 2 channel stereo. If you have a home theatre setup, even a lowly Panasonic 5.1 such as ours, then the aural experience is a great deal different. Although not all HD output is surround the 2.1 Dolby AC3 is richer.

Old 17-05-2012, 00:16   #822
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Surely there can't be just me who isn't really that bothered if something's not in HD?!

I know what you mean, but it really bothers me when it comes to football and other sports, because imo HD brings out the best in sports, especially the football, and because we haven't got Sky Sports 3/4 in HD then thats a big letdown for me.
Old 17-05-2012, 00:17   #823
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not long term channels are they though OB.
No, but once the infrastructure is in place for these temporary channels, the vacant capacity will be in place for adding extra channels after the olympics...
Old 17-05-2012, 00:18   #824
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No, there are at least 2 of us
Old 17-05-2012, 04:28   #825
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l wonder how many are looking forward to the womens beach volleyball.
I am in 3DD

---------- Post added at 04:28 ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 ----------

Did anybody noticed the advert in yesterdays Metro?. In the 'Collections' advert there was a tv with an 'Angry Birds' game on it. Could this mean there could be proper games coming soon?

I say this because my son can play it on our Roku media streamer http://www.roku.com/uk which had me wondering if it was coming to Virgin on Tivo.