Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WCDMA/AUTO Issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WCDMA/AUTO Issue

Old 12-06-2014, 10:31   #1
VMboy
Inactive

VMboy is infamous around these partsVMboy is infamous around these parts
Question WCDMA/AUTO Issue

Any ideas as to what would cause intermittent audio loss when using the 3g? on either the GSM/WCDMA auto mode or WCDMA mode? if I use the GSM only mode audio loss isn't an issue, but this means that browsing out of Wi-Fi would be slower. The call normally remains connected but the audio from the call at the other end whether it be incoming or outgoing can be missing then come back then away again.

The issue can still occur even when I have three reception bars showing.

This has only really started recently afaik.
VMboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2014, 16:33   #2
VMboy
Inactive

Re: WCDMA/AUTO Issue

If I have my phone set to either WCDMA/AUTO OR WCDMA only I am finding that intermittently I lose the audio for the call no matter whether it be incoming/outgoing or voicemail/recorded CS message as heard on 789. The call remains connected in the majority of occasions but the audio can just vanish then return and vanish again.

Phone been for repair and they said they found the fault and fixed it, however this appears to be a default worded letter that everyone seems to get and most say the same as I do in that their phone is found to not have been fixed.

I have yet to test this more when in a different location, but it really does seem to me that the problem lies when the phone is set to the higher speed for packet data in other words 3g, 2g is fine but obviously when outside and not on Wi-Fi I would need to keep changing it back to WCDMA/AUTO if I want high speed data when browsing the internet

Just curious if anyone with a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 phone that uses JellyBean 4.1.2 with the very latest firmware if they have had similar issues?
Old 18-06-2014, 23:23   #3
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Nothing to do with the phone. This is a network fault
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 07:07   #4
VMboy
Inactive

Thanks, wonder what fault they said they had found. Pity the repair centre hadn't told me this as I had detailed the issue as I've done here.
Old 24-06-2014, 18:20   #5
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Nothing to do with the phone. This is a network fault
Is there anywhere this can be reported if it is a network fault?

Strange that they want my phone back again for a third time especially if it isn't anything to do with the phone itself
Old 26-06-2014, 00:07   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's very difficult to get any big company to admit fault with these kinds of problems. Last time it was widespread consumers had to get Watchdog and BBC News involved.

If you want to prove it's not your phone... go get a different phone.
Old 27-06-2014, 19:54   #7
whenthecatsaway
Inactive

Services: Virgin TiVo, V+, Superhub 2
whenthecatsaway is an unknown quantity at this point

It can be reported to the network. But you'd need to try your SIM in another handset/replacement SIM first to rule out other things. Then 5 examples can be sent off to be investigated!
whenthecatsaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 20:28   #8
VMboy
Inactive

Already been sent a new sim, still same issues, hope to use a different phone using the same network this weekend.

Funny how these issues go away when out of my mast area which leads me to think its a reception problem.
Old 27-06-2014, 20:37   #9
whenthecatsaway
Inactive

Yeah, if you give all this to the tech team they *should* ask for 5 examples with time of casll etc and the mast can be pinpointed with the issue etc
Old 27-06-2014, 21:03   #10
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by whenthecatsaway View Post
Yeah, if you give all this to the tech team they *should* ask for 5 examples with time of casll etc and the mast can be pinpointed with the issue etc
The tech team didn't want to read my last lot of comments, I hardly think they will be that interested.

What does time of casll mean?
Old 27-06-2014, 21:04   #11
whenthecatsaway
Inactive

Call* I'll PM you now!
Old 28-06-2014, 02:22   #12
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMboy View Post
Funny how these issues go away when out of my mast area which leads me to think its a reception problem.
Very common problem on EE.