Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GTA V (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

GTA V (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)

Old 04-10-2013, 13:53   #331
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
re: GTA V (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)

PS3 patch is out. 360 patch to follow today:

UPDATE 7: Rockstar has said the GTA Online patch is live for PS3. It's working to have it released for Xbox 360 "as soon as possible today".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rom-12pm-today

Hopefully this should prevent the tutorial race lock-up.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2013, 14:34   #332
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar View Post
wow, that sounds quick...how did you amass the cash to buy a garage and some cars?

Cheapest two car garage is only ~$26,000

Edit: Oh, and you can sell cars you steal at an LS Customs once a day, most I've got from a sale is $8,000 from some convertable.
They don't want to buy the high end vehicles though, I tried

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 16:02   #333
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Cheapest two car garage is only ~$26,000

Edit: Oh, and you can sell cars you steal at an LS Customs once a day, most I've got from a sale is $8,000 from some convertable.
They don't want to buy the high end vehicles though, I tried
SUV's can sell for $9000.

A garage beside LS Customs sells for $25,000

Simeon gives a mission out called Richman Mansion I believe in which you steal a Daytona replica and a Rolls Royce, with 2 players earning 5k a pop in which it's replayable.

Probably another tip that's been said, don't waste time running for ATM's, use your phone and use Maize bank in the money tab for deposits.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:18   #334
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Update: I play with another member of my crew, a RL friend. We've amassed about $300k between us, he's purchased a house with a 6 car garage and I've got 4 different garages. Got about $60k left.

Tips: Paying $100 to not be shot at is useless, don't bother, they'll run you over anyway.

Memorise the City as most simeon missions are located there and you are instantly pursued by police usually at a 3* level, you want to know where the nearest multi-storey car park is and gun it.

You'll get a 30% XP bonus if you do missions as a crew.

The Range Rover is the car that sells for $9000 at LS customs. You can sell a vehicle every 24 hours in game.

Helicopters frequently spawn at the Helipad location that can be found in the single player. Just off the beach.

Auto-Aim makes all shooting combat hopeless so unless you're bounty hunting try not to engage players otherwise you'll just be killing him, being killed by him and so on, there's little to no skill involved.

As I've said above, the Elegy RH8 is free in game when you've purchased a garage and linked your gamertag or PSN ID to your Rockstar Social Club. (Nissan GTR replica)

After level 10, You can have a bounty placed on your head by NPC's for randomly stealing cars. If you're in a crew, have your mate shoot you and half the pot. Dirty but a quick and effective way to make a quick $.

Will post more later.
Old 05-10-2013, 13:49   #335
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Details on the latest update:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...-and-more.html

Quote:
This title update addresses a number of issues that GTA Online players have been experiencing in the initial days of launch this week, including:

Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.

I noticed two things last night while playing Story Mode with the previous update:

- When trying to save the game at Trevor's 3rd safehouse, he would turn invisible when lying down, the save list then failed to open, and the game then froze.

- Since update 1, the Mission Checklist on the phone has been replaced with a Job list.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:28   #336
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

After a few more attempts, I finally managed not only to start the online tutorial but also to get past it and into GTA O proper.

Been on it for a few hours, robbing stores and doing TDMs. Done a few missions for the NPC contacts. It's pretty good, once it works. I can definitely see it being far, far better with Friends, so you can do Jobs together.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56   #337
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

It's a foundation build to be fair but a very good one! You'll find a lot of the team missions are rinse and repeat but the game has great potential with future DLC and Updates.

Also remember my posting above for simple FAQs and remember you get more XP with friends and crews doing missions.

Holding the back button is your inventory and online configuration.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:56   #338
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Update: I play with another member of my crew, a RL friend. We've amassed about $300k between us, he's purchased a house with a 6 car garage and I've got 4 different garages. Got about $60k left.

Tips: Paying $100 to not be shot at is useless, don't bother, they'll run you over anyway.

Memorise the City as most simeon missions are located there and you are instantly pursued by police usually at a 3* level, you want to know where the nearest multi-storey car park is and gun it.

You'll get a 30% XP bonus if you do missions as a crew.

The Range Rover is the car that sells for $9000 at LS customs. You can sell a vehicle every 24 hours in game.

Helicopters frequently spawn at the Helipad location that can be found in the single player. Just off the beach.

Auto-Aim makes all shooting combat hopeless so unless you're bounty hunting try not to engage players otherwise you'll just be killing him, being killed by him and so on, there's little to no skill involved.

As I've said above, the Elegy RH8 is free in game when you've purchased a garage and linked your gamertag or PSN ID to your Rockstar Social Club. (Nissan GTR replica)

After level 10, You can have a bounty placed on your head by NPC's for randomly stealing cars. If you're in a crew, have your mate shoot you and half the pot. Dirty but a quick and effective way to make a quick $.

Will post more later.
Awesome post! At the mo, I've got about 20k and thats about it! lol I was quite impressed with myself doing the Meth run job to pickup a shotgun...that's about as impressed I've been with my progress so far lol.

Hopefully doing the above will help me make some bread asap!

So why do you need a garage, seems expensive so what do you get in return?, just that nissan car or what?

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Been on it for a few hours, robbing stores and doing TDMs. Done a few missions for the NPC contacts. It's pretty good, once it works. I can definitely see it being far, far better with Friends, so you can do Jobs together.
Yes, i agree. I've done the Meth job a couple of times, and I can see it's a bare bones simple job... but i like it!

I can only imagine the fun we can have doing a armed truck or a full heist within and part of a crew!......
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24   #339
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar View Post
Awesome post! At the mo, I've got about 20k and thats about it! lol I was quite impressed with myself doing the Meth run job to pickup a shotgun...that's about as impressed I've been with my progress so far lol.

Hopefully doing the above will help me make some bread asap!

So why do you need a garage, seems expensive so what do you get in return?, just that nissan car or what?

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Yes, i agree. I've done the Meth job a couple of times, and I can see it's a bare bones simple job... but i like it!

I can only imagine the fun we can have doing a armed truck or a full heist within and part of a crew!......
The high end cars can only be kept with a garage. They can't be stolen off the street and insured. With a garage you also get a mechanic at the cost of $50 a day and he'll maintain your cars and deliver them directly to you with a quick call. Cars you legitimately purchase are automatically insured and tracked.

Quick tip for annoying star wanted levels when you want to do something else. Simply drive into any LS customs when not in view of police to lose any star wanted level. Chopper seeing you does not affect this. This made it easy to rob shops close to LS customs.

Second bit of info for today is. You lose $2000 for every death in a mission. Steep but crucial to avoid this to build your money.
Old 06-10-2013, 14:25   #340
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Also:

Always bank your money! You lose a % of your cash when you die or get arrested, so make sure you always deposit it ASAP. Use the bank link on your phone's internet rather than an actual ATM, to avoid being mugged.

Buy a mask or other disguise. If you wear a mask/disguise when you commit a crime and get a wanted level, you can lose a star by removing the mask/disguise when the wanted stars are flashing. Handy if you like to rob gas stations.

The cops are much more aware and aggressive in Online than in Story Mode. In Story Mode, you can happily steal a car and never respray it... but in GTA Online, if a cop car sees you driving a stolen car that has not been resprayed they *will* come after you and it will quickly escalate...
Old 06-10-2013, 14:40   #341
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Thumbs up re: GTA V (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)

I'm making an intro guide to GTA online that will map all my mission routes and how to earn money via missions at a decent pace. Should be done Tuesday if I don't have work. I'd happily fill up the other two spots for 4 player missions for anyone struggling or after making quick money. We usually run the Richman Mansion Simeon mission which involves stealing two parked cars for $5000 and involves losing the cops. Again I've mastered the mission to the point of losing cops in the first minute and completing the mission in under 5 minutes at a good pace. At said pace we usually bring in 50k every 1-2 hours given breaks and intermission. I'm well aware of a glitch that can make you over 100k in an hour with little work. Not interested in ruining the game.

I'm on T7 Genera7ion on XBL. I'm usually on when off work.

Edit: I appear to have posted a thumbs down! I have no idea how as I'm using my Galaxy atm. If anyone wants to edit it away feel free! It looks like I've TD Matt for no good reason heh.
Old 06-10-2013, 15:05   #342
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Sounds good!

I've fixed the thumbs down

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Just sent you a friend request ("Tezcatlipoca").
Old 06-10-2013, 15:25   #343
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
The high end cars can only be kept with a garage. They can't be stolen off the street and insured. With a garage you also get a mechanic at the cost of $50 a day and he'll maintain your cars and deliver them directly to you with a quick call. Cars you legitimately purchase are automatically insured and tracked.
You can also hide in your garage when you have a bounty on your head.
Boring I know, but it works. If you stay there for the in-game day then you get that bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Also:

Always bank your money! You lose a % of your cash when you die or get arrested, so make sure you always deposit it ASAP. Use the bank link on your phone's internet rather than an actual ATM, to avoid being mugged.
Always drive to a quiet spot to use your phone to bank money, because other players can still shoot or mow you down and steal the cash you drop

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 16:59   #344
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Everything seems to be working hunky-dory now. I managed to play for a couple of hours last night and complete the tutorial mission and a few jobs with my mate. I was expecting a load of griefing but that wasn't the case. Playing at 2-4 am obviously has it's advantages.

Presumably you have to unlock the right to buy property because I haven't managed to find anywhere to buy yet.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 17:54   #345
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I've just booted up the Story Mode, and checked the Character Select Wheel... My GTA O character has vanished

I'll try it anyway, but I fear that the Rockstar Cloud Servers have screwed up *again*.