Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GTA V (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Old 26-04-2015, 03:02   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Call of Duty: Black Ops III

The greatest Call of Duty development team is back with their first reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfr0...&feature=share

Hopefully we'll get a prequel/Sequel like Black Ops II offered with the characters from both games continuing the legacy.

This looks like it could have the most solid and interesting story out of every CoD game out there.
Old 26-04-2015, 06:54   #2
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Looking forward to this.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 10:46   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Hope they can capture the quality of the Black Ops 2 multiplayer. Subsequent releases haven't done that. Also bit weird to see them using footage from the tottenham riots in their trailer there.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 12:09   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hope they can capture the quality of the Black Ops 2 multiplayer. Subsequent releases haven't done that. Also bit weird to see them using footage from the tottenham riots in their trailer there.
I think the Black Ops series kept what was good about the first Modern Warfare and built upon it whilst MW2 started an entirely different and ridiculous direction. IIIarc will undoubtedly bring game modes over to 3 as well as look for new ones.

This will be IIIarc's first game for the current generation and willl likely drop out as a 60gb title. I'm extremely excited to see what they can build upon after the ridiculously successful zombies mode tranzit. I'm sure we're getting closer to an even bigger open world and probably an increased player limit for it.
Old 26-04-2015, 15:12   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

We will soon find out as the reveal is due today.
Old 26-04-2015, 16:00   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Meh, I've never been much of a fan of the Black Ops series. Gave up playing BO 1 because it was so annoying less than a third of the way through. Quite enjoyed the BO 2 campaign but the multiplayer sent me crawling back to MW2 as I just didn't see any point to it.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 18:22   #7
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

COD devs ran out of ideas , looked at titanfall and thought that looks cool and then turned cod into it !!!
http://youtu.be/58Pspqx0XGs
Old 26-04-2015, 18:48   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Titanfall is a great game and still the only one I really enjoy online.

I do wish CODs devs would drop the stupid future nonsense and go back to a historical or modern era. Why not make a COD set in Vietnam, that could be great!

This might actualy be the first COD I actually don't bother with. It looks silly, nano tech and what looks like super powers and transforming arms/weapons.
Old 26-04-2015, 18:52   #9
Bulky
Inactive

Cod gets less and less interesting as the years go by , I've not bothered since black ops , bought MW3 , sold the next day ,that was it for me and COD.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Wash , rinse , repeat !!
Old 26-04-2015, 21:24   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Titanfall is a great game and still the only one I really enjoy online.

I do wish CODs devs would drop the stupid future nonsense and go back to a historical or modern era. Why not make a COD set in Vietnam, that could be great!

This might actualy be the first COD I actually don't bother with. It looks silly, nano tech and what looks like super powers and transforming arms/weapons.
Titanfall was a great game but it was bare as hell. Literally a few hours replayability at best, you can throw a prestige system in all you want but it doesn't disguise the fact that there's simply nothing to do after those few hours, no campaign, nothing.

Did this affect the game in any way? completely.

http://i.imgur.com/KCfrbNb.png
http://i.imgur.com/7bTDeE9.png
http://i.imgur.com/DZ0ItDp.png
http://i.imgur.com/1ll7Qmh.png

That's the PC player base of Titanfall from December 2014 till present day. They made a last ditch attempt to save the game by throwing out the season pass completely free but it was unsuccessful.

What this CoD entry is doing already is attempting to Piggyback on the hype of Titanfall, going as far as mimicking the gameplay.
It will work too, it'll be a huge success, I can guarantee that now, It has everything Titanfall could offer, as well as a Campaign and likely far superior multiplayer with more variety and a huge player base that won't dwindle after 6 months.

Also given other comments in here about CoD cloning Titanfall. Battlefield 2142 - Mechs, Shadowrun - Double Jump. Wall Running - Brink.

The ideas were already done long before either of these two, whomever makes the better game with said ideas is all that matters. I can give a very large number of reasons why this is already a superior FPS to Titanfall, the reasons given already are enough.
Old 26-04-2015, 22:17   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well I play Titanfall on Xbox One and am sure the player base is much bigger.

It just plays well and works, for me there are enough maps to keep me playing. Many people I know, don't even touch the campaign mode on COD or Battlefield so why it would be a big deal for Titanfall is beyond me.

Having seen a bit more about BL3 I am even more inclined to not bother.

A 4 player Co-Op campaign mode seems to the main point I am seeing.
Old 27-04-2015, 13:09   #12
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Titanfall was a great game but it was bare as hell. Literally a few hours replayability at best
Literally? Nope. I've put *far more* than a few hours into it, so it can't be "literally". How is there "nothing to do"? There are plenty of maps, plenty of modes. It could do with more weapons, but that's about it.

What does it matter about the lack of a campaign?

"Most people" don't buy COD or BF for the campaign. The BF games are infamous for having *awful* campaigns, while the COD campaigns are hit and miss, e.g. MW and AW's campaigns were good, while Ghosts' campaign was an abomination. And even when good, they're still very short.

How would having a singleplayer campaign have helped Titanfall retain a multiplayer playerbase?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 19:34   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Literally? Nope. I've put *far more* than a few hours into it, so it can't be "literally". How is there "nothing to do"? There are plenty of maps, plenty of modes. It could do with more weapons, but that's about it.
I literally could only play it for a few hours and haven't run it since*.

Spoiler: 

* Because I was playing it during a Steam free weekend which ran out

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
paign?

"Most people" don't buy COD or BF for the campaign. The BF games are infamous for having *awful* campaigns
To be honest, I *only* buy COD and BF for the campaign, and the latest few BF campaigns have received mostly positive reviews.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 19:55   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Titanfall was a great game but it was bare as hell. Literally a few hours replayability at best, you can throw a prestige system in all you want but it doesn't disguise the fact that there's simply nothing to do after those few hours, no campaign, nothing.

Did this affect the game in any way? completely.

http://i.imgur.com/KCfrbNb.png
http://i.imgur.com/7bTDeE9.png
http://i.imgur.com/DZ0ItDp.png
http://i.imgur.com/1ll7Qmh.png

That's the PC player base of Titanfall from December 2014 till present day. They made a last ditch attempt to save the game by throwing out the season pass completely free but it was unsuccessful.
well in the three hours O spent on Titanfall today there was over 3700 people worldwide playing. Plenty to give me some great games.

COD can stick it now. I will await BF5 and Titanfall 2.
Old 27-04-2015, 19:58   #15
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
To be honest, I *only* buy COD and BF for the campaign, and the latest few BF campaigns have received mostly positive reviews.

Really? Where?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2011/10/2...field-3-review

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-review-review

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-3-review/

http://kotaku.com/battlefield-4-the-...iew-1453710321

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/1...d-4-ps4-review

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...field-4-review

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/50...field-4-review

etc.

Maybe "infamous" was too strong, but the series is known for great multiplayer and poor singleplayer.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote