Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin mobile £3.50 a month

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin mobile £3.50 a month

Old 02-03-2010, 21:40   #1
virginoffer
Inactive

virginoffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin mobile £3.50 a month

Did anyone get rung by Virgin telesales offering a £3.50 a month contract offer.The offer is really the £8.50 free phone and 100 min offer but £5 would be taken off the Virgin Media landline broadband bill. My mum took them up on it .Then they said she had failed the credit reference check yet she is direct debit on virgin media.After sending a letter and a couple of phone calls.The operater said she would get the deal after all.So the bill comes in at £8.50 but with no £5 discount on the Virgin media side.After phoning them up again they said they never was such an offer.Did anyone else get this offer or did my mum pick them up wrong she swears they did say £3.50?
virginoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2010, 21:48   #2
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Virgin mobile £3.50 a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginoffer View Post
Did anyone get rung by Virgin telesales offering a £3.50 a month contract offer.The offer is really the £8.50 free phone and 100 min offer but £5 would be taken off the Virgin Media landline broadband bill. My mum took them up on it .Then they said she had failed the credit reference check yet she is direct debit on virgin media.After sending a letter and a couple of phone calls.The operater said she would get the deal after all.So the bill comes in at £8.50 but with no £5 discount on the Virgin media side.After phoning them up again they said they never was such an offer.Did anyone else get this offer or did my mum pick them up wrong she swears they did say £3.50?
virgin mobile is a seperate company to virgin media so i doubt they would sell phones by offering discounts on land line/broadband services ,i think your mother has mis heard
Old 07-03-2010, 12:44   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I got two months free with my virgin mobile as i had virgin media at home, so they do link the two together
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 14:27   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You cannot get Virginmedia broadband and Virgin Mobile in the same package so billing in this way would have been impossible due to them being separate companies.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 12:06   #5
virginoffer
Inactive

virginoffer is an unknown quantity at this point

I made the original complaint.I got some details wrong .The offer was £2.50 a month with £6 off the landline bill.I dont know if it was a rogue salesman but someone definetily phoned.My mum went to the citizen advice beureu about it.They phoned virgin up and they said the money was taken off the main service bill.So say it was £32.95 they said it should really have been £38.95 and £6 taken off.But there is no mention of the discount on the bill, personally i think this is just ********.All i know is whoever it was that called achieved what they wanted getting a customer on a £8.50 a month contract under false pretences.
virginoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 21:12   #6
sprint
Inactive

sprint is an unknown quantity at this point

Some guy phoned me 3 times offering me a virgin phone for £8.50 with £14 off my virgin media account he even said I could have the phone and send it back within 28 days with no charge and still keep my £14 discount.

I politely refused his offer and phoned retentions who seemed to think it was a bit strange to offer that but gave me a £14 a month discount anyway!

Seems I must have been overpaying anyway.
sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 09:07   #7
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Yes we had a call a few weeks back from virgin saying that because we have been with them for so long that they could offer us a top phone on £2.50 per month, didn't take it though as already have phones on contracts here although should have just got it for 12 months and then sold the phone for a profit hehe
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 07:36   #8
FriedBuddha
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV : XL - Tivo 1TB, 2 x V+ Broadband : 30MB Phone : XL Mobile : 2
FriedBuddha is an unknown quantity at this point

I was called with an offer of a 100 min 100 text £2.50 mobile contract and it is true !! I got a Nokia 6303 for my wife. They charge £8.50 against the phone, but give me an extra £6.00 discount on my other services so I only pay the £2.50 in reality.
FriedBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 19:49   #9
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
You cannot get Virginmedia broadband and Virgin Mobile in the same package so billing in this way would have been impossible due to them being separate companies.
You were wrong, nah nah nah naaah nahhhh
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 21:10   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
You were wrong, nah nah nah naaah nahhhh
It will be more interesting when he receives the bill, try looking on this link for any way that all 4 services are connected, I have all 4 services but pay the mobile separately as they cannot be linked.

I would take what the salesman said with a bucket sized pinch of salt.
Old 31-03-2010, 22:05   #11
zing_deleted

Dude have you missed this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/93...le-market.html

Quote:
With all the above options, Virgin Media customers who already have fixed line services will be able to take advantage of exclusive bundle benefits and savings. On Pay Monthly tariffs, Virgin Media customers can get most of our handsets on tariffs that are £5 cheaper per month than the general public can get them on or they can choose a better handset for the same monthly cost. Furthermore, in addition to the usual inclusive texts and minutes, Virgin Media customers exclusively receive inclusive talk time to other Virgin Mobile phones on tariffs from £10 per month, with unlimited Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile calls on selected Pay Monthly and SIM Only tariffs from £15 per month.
information from the press release inside that thread

That certainly looks to me like there will be some tie in with land lines and there is mention of bundles in that press release

hope you do not have high blood pressure all that salt you have to take now aint gonna be good for you
Old 31-03-2010, 23:48   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Dude have you missed this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/93...le-market.html

information from the press release inside that thread

That certainly looks to me like there will be some tie in with land lines and there is mention of bundles in that press release

hope you do not have high blood pressure all that salt you have to take now aint gonna be good for you
I know about that one but it is just a phone offer which is fantastic as I have the Virginmedia phone line and a Virgin Mobile contract which will make my phone bill cheaper.

As yet I see no tie in with broadband or TV which makes me think that the cold caller is trying to get people signing up by any means.

Even Ben has not as yet posted anything in this thread and he would have more of an idea on the billing side than anyone else.