Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | logging in to 192.168.1.1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

logging in to 192.168.1.1

Old 21-04-2008, 09:50   #1
saltscar
Inactive

saltscar is an unknown quantity at this point
logging in to 192.168.1.1

I have a Dynamode BR-6004 W-G1 cable router. On set up, a year ago, I was able to log into 192.168.1.1 using "guest" as username and password. I now find I cannot log in. I have tried by using Firefox and IE. I am runnung Windows XP Pro. Any ideas anyone?
saltscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2008, 09:53   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: logging in to 192.168.1.1

Was it "guest", or was it "admin" that was the user name / password?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:18   #3
refraction
Inactive

Services: XL Cable, XL TV, XL Phone, Mobile
refraction is an unknown quantity at this point

the default login for that router according to portforward is as follows

user: admin
pass: 1234
refraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:46   #4
saltscar
Inactive

I have used "guest" as both username and password in the past.
I have now tried "admin" as username and password
I have tried "admin" as username and "1234" as password
All do not work.
Any more ideas anyone?
I have emailed support at dynamode but still await a reply.
Old 21-04-2008, 10:53   #5
Horace
©Beam Software

Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Horace has disabled reputation

User : allurrouters
Pass: rbelongtous

Seriously, don't leave routers, specifically wireless routers with their default login. Find the hard reset switch/button at the back and reset it, then change the default login.
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:53   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

If you can't find the password, your best option will be a reset to factory (check the manual). From there you can start again, but that will break all your other settings such as wireless passkeys.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:55   #7
refraction
Inactive

Services: XL Cable, XL TV, XL Phone, Mobile
refraction is an unknown quantity at this point

well you have 3 options at this point.

1. Think back to if you ever changed the user pass (which you should have unless you want your network hacked, presuming someone hasnt already and changed it without you knowing)

2. Hunt for the manual/quickstart guide and see what that says.

3. wait for an email back from Dynamode.

The very extreme to these options would be to try and force a complete factory reset of the router, which usually involves holding down the reset button the back of the router for about 20 seconds. This however will reset all your settings on the router, so you might wanna avoid doing this if you can.
refraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 13:40   #8
saltscar
Inactive

Thanks guys for all your ideas. Dynamode have at last replied to my call for help and a reset to factory default setting is the answer. I will do that tonight when I have more time.
Old 28-11-2008, 22:12   #9
Libraoct7
Inactive

Libraoct7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I have a wireless network connection. My router is TP Link Wa601G. The router IP as it says on the router box is 192.168.1.1. I typed the router IP on the address bar of the enternet explorer and hit enter...and instead of asking me for a username and password it gives me this error messege "ERROR: Gateway Timeout. I tried the Default Gateway but I get the same error. Why is that? Can someone help me on that please?
Libraoct7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 22:28   #10
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libraoct7 View Post
Hi guys, I have a wireless network connection. My router is TP Link Wa601G. The router IP as it says on the router box is 192.168.1.1. I typed the router IP on the address bar of the enternet explorer and hit enter...and instead of asking me for a username and password it gives me this error messege "ERROR: Gateway Timeout. I tried the Default Gateway but I get the same error. Why is that? Can someone help me on that please?

did you do
http://192.168.1.1

?
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 09:30   #11
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Are you trying to set this up on wireless? If so using ethernet temporarily will help as it may just be the PC is not getting an IP from the router on wireless due to channel or setup issues. What IP does the PC have at the moment when connected to the router?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 15:58   #12
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Remember to set the n/w card to the same address range as the router, i.e. 192.168.1.X
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 16:26   #13
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltscar View Post
I have used "guest" as both username and password in the past.
I have now tried "admin" as username and password
I have tried "admin" as username and "1234" as password
All do not work.
Any more ideas anyone?
I have emailed support at dynamode but still await a reply.
Wow that is secure, the passwords so secret he doesn't even know it
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 01:33   #14
Jenifer32
Inactive

Jenifer32 is an unknown quantity at this point

When he was here, Matt worked on this for a couple weeks straight and it ended up being very frustrating and unreliable.
Jenifer32 is offline   Reply With Quote