Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 2ac: What is the latest FW Revision?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Free speed upgrade

Old 28-07-2016, 18:26   #1
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Free speed upgrade

I logged in to my account for the first time in ages and it tells me the upgrade from 152 to 200 is ready and i need to click a few buttons to activate it,

I am just curious to know if it starts a new contract in doing so.
Old 28-07-2016, 18:29   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: free speed upgrade

No new contract, no change in price.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 18:55   #3
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Thank you.
Old 28-07-2016, 19:00   #4
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Confirmed. But beware that if you change your package then you may lose the free upgrade speed.
Old 28-07-2016, 19:08   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That only applies to the 70Mb and 150Mb increases which aren't available in current bundles.

200Mb is an available tier for new customers so existing customers that get the speed upgrade to it shouldn't then lose it - unless they specifically choose a lower tier
Old 04-08-2016, 12:30   #6
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I just got an email telling me I can sign into my virginmedia account to get a free speed upgrade but I don't recall having an internet account so what am I supposed to do?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:59   #7
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

You don't have broadband with Virgin?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 14:15   #8
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
You don't have broadband with Virgin?
Yes, I've had it since NTL days but never used an internet account for my dealings with them or VM.
Old 04-08-2016, 14:26   #9
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Sorry, confused by what you mean by "internet account".

Go to the my virgin media page and follow the on screen instructions for setting one up.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 14:50   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It is always possible that one was created that no longer works (due it not being used).

If that is case that Technical Support would be able to help resolve this, as the online username and / or password rest options normally need a security profile to be set up.
Old 04-08-2016, 15:22   #11
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Sorry, confused by what you mean by "internet account".

Go to the my virgin media page and follow the on screen instructions for setting one up.
So am I as I haven't got one. So do I have to create one to get the speed increase because frankly, I don't really want another online account to worry about if I don't have to. In the past I've had free speed upgrades and never been asked to do that.
Old 04-08-2016, 15:42   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The last few speed increases have asked you to sign into My Virgin Media to opt into them.

Are you not on ebilling - it's the same place.
Old 04-08-2016, 18:23   #13
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I thought the account was there almost by default. The login being your default email address that VM gave you and the same password IIRC.
Old 04-08-2016, 18:27   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it might be there but you defo have to activate it/sign up for it. He won't be able to sign in willy nilly, even though he has an email address and password for the account, the two need to come together and I think there are some other option which need specifying as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 18:34   #15
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
it might be there but you defo have to activate it/sign up for it. He won't be able to sign in willy nilly, even though he has an email address and password for the account, the two need to come together and I think there are some other option which need specifying as well.
I'm sure you're right Mon General, Sir. I can't remember how I set it up. Was a long time ago.