Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | my bill

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Novel idea - Transparent pricing!

Old 18-04-2012, 22:55   #1
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack
Novel idea - Transparent pricing!

I'm currently on 50Mb broadband only and (upto April 1st) was paying £38/month. The April price rise made me look at the current 'new customer' price which I see is now £34.75/month and I'm being billed £40.25.

I've emailed Virgin to request a reduction to at least the current new customer price and the response I got was instead a reduction to £37.25 but I haven't given up yet... Their reply stated that this was a generous £10 off the advertised price of £47.25/month.

I'm aware that there has always been a discount applied and that no-one ever pays the full price but why is this? Surely it would be clearer, at least for customers with a single product, to have a fixed priced (paid by all customers!) that is completely transparent? The £47.25 figure may be an internal price within Virgin but it certainly isn't advertised!

I've got no problem with discounts for more than one product taken as that is standard practice in other areas but don't base your pricing on figures that are never actually revealed to the public!

Similarly, as with price rises, appy price cuts across the board rather than leaving existing customers (especially those out of contract) paying over the odds. Decide on a fair sell price for a product and charge it!

Yours, feeling ripped off, etc etc...
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2012, 07:23   #2
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all
Re: Novel idea - Transparent pricing!

Transparent pricing simply isn't in Virgin's DNA. The do everything possible to make their prices as opaque as possible.

£34.75 is the £100Mb only price advertised on their site, you should just phone them up and not let them go until you get that price. No just reason why they should be charging you any extra.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote