Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 01-05-2015, 19:38   #9691
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Your wife will probably give you a few ideas of how to spend it.
Old 01-05-2015, 19:58   #9692
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

She can give me all the ideas she wants lol.
Old 01-05-2015, 20:37   #9693
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Finally heard back from the NHS Trust today re: sending me a letter with wrong patient consultation in letter. They told me that most of the Admin staff had been replaced, doctors double check typed letters with their dictated letters and sign them off before sending out.

Seemed a bit shocked when I said I didn't want compensation for it, had it been something like telling me I had a really serious medical condition then I would have asked for some money, but just an acknowledgement that there was a cock up their end, and that systems had been put in place to make sure it never happens again is sufficient compensation for me.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 21:40   #9694
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well my mums surgery days are getting closer.

She need her Parathyroid removed, and a part of her pancreas removed, hopefully both can be done at the same time.

The only downside is it will have to be done in the Royal Free in London, 1-1/2 hours travel time each way, and will have to use what little holiday I get (20 days), and car parking is to say .
Old 01-05-2015, 22:51   #9695
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Is it just a co-incidence that, since his payout, Stephen's account not longer accepts PMs?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:49   #9696
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Finally heard back from the NHS Trust today re: sending me a letter with wrong patient consultation in letter. They told me that most of the Admin staff had been replaced, doctors double check typed letters with their dictated letters and sign them off before sending out.

Seemed a bit shocked when I said I didn't want compensation for it, had it been something like telling me I had a really serious medical condition then I would have asked for some money, but just an acknowledgement that there was a cock up their end, and that systems had been put in place to make sure it never happens again is sufficient compensation for me.
l am glad that things have been sorted out more to your liking Mark.

---------- Post added at 04:49 ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Well my mums surgery days are getting closer.

She need her Parathyroid removed, and a part of her pancreas removed, hopefully both can be done at the same time.

The only downside is it will have to be done in the Royal Free in London, 1-1/2 hours travel time each way, and will have to use what little holiday I get (20 days), and car parking is to say .
l hope everything goes well with your Mum Hom3r.
Old 02-05-2015, 14:06   #9697
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Well done to him. Weenie
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 15:17   #9698
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Well done to him. Weenie
Thanks nash. His teacher was quite impressed and even asked him how he came up with the idea, I think he gave her a laugh when he said he did his research on You Tube & Plant Cell Anatomy - EnchantedLearning.com. His teacher said that's was a first for her hearing homework research done on You Tube
Old 02-05-2015, 15:44   #9699
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Thanks nash. His teacher was quite impressed and even asked him how he came up with the idea, I think he gave her a laugh when he said he did his research on You Tube & Plant Cell Anatomy - EnchantedLearning.com. His teacher said that's was a first for her hearing homework research done on You Tube
Never know what they will say next.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:48   #9700
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just fixed the new antenna up in the loft, only roughly pointed and the TV shows 80% signal. Not bad for a first try.
Old 04-05-2015, 13:09   #9701
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Just been out in the garden disassembling Osem JNr #2's old 10ft trampoline ready to erect his nice shiny new one. He was very helpful and his face lit up when he realised his trampolining days aren't yet over.
Old 04-05-2015, 17:05   #9702
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Just been out in the garden disassembling Osem JNr #2's old 10ft trampoline ready to erect his nice shiny new one. He was very helpful and his face lit up when he realised his trampolining days aren't yet over.
Very nice

My happy thought of the day :

A big thumbs up to Natalie who is trying everything to be able to give me one of her kidneys - if that's not proper love I dunno what is
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 17:10   #9703
denphone
Still alive and fighting

That's just wonderful that such a loved one is willing to make such a wonderful sacrifice to help you.
Old 04-05-2015, 17:13   #9704
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That's just wonderful that such a loved one is willing to make such a wonderful sacrifice to help you.
That it is - it's a shame that someone has to die (not in the sense that is the REASON they died but you know what I mean) to give me a pancreas too.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 18:06   #9705
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Very nice

My happy thought of the day :

A big thumbs up to Natalie who is trying everything to be able to give me one of her kidneys - if that's not proper love I dunno what is
As happy thoughts go I'd say that trumps 'em all and as love goes I'd say it doesn't get much better.

Temper your sadness re the donation of a pancreas with the certainty that the loved ones of the donor would be delighted if their loss gave someone life. When my late wife died I didn't think twice about offering anything they could harvest by way of organs since I was well aware of her views on the subject.

I'm sure we all wish you and Natalie the very best!