Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does this motherboard exist?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Offered Office 2007 patches

Old 21-10-2009, 09:03   #1
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai
Offered Office 2007 patches

Windows update is currently offering me several patches for Office 2007. The thing is that I only have Office 2003 installed on this PC.

Any thoughts on whether I should discard or allow these?
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2009, 09:05   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Offered Office 2007 patches

I would discard,and set to ignore, did your PC come preinstalled with some Office 2007 features? Like a 90 day trial of word or something?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 10:11   #3
Dai
Inactive

Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze

No. It's a home build and clean install. It's never had any Office 2007 stuff on board which is why I was puzzled.

None of my other machines have been offered these patches, which makes it even wierder.

Ah well, the wonders of windows. I'll set to ignore I think.
Old 21-10-2009, 12:04   #4
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have a conversion feature or something? I've also been getting Office 2007 updates in my list when I'm using Office 2003. It only happened once I downloaded the 2007-2003 conversion utility provided by Microsoft. It allows me to edit Office 2007 files using Office 2003.
CHiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 12:17   #5
Dai
Inactive

Thanks CHiLL. That's the answer. I've got the 2007 compatibility pack installed. I'd completely forgotten I did that. Must have been some while back when I was trying to rescue some worddocs for a client.

Old 21-10-2009, 22:00   #6
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

That's what it was called. I couldn't remember it's real name, but I knew it converted 2007 to 2003. xD Glad I could help.
CHiLL is offline   Reply With Quote