Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2017, 15:37   #286
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
There will be no EU as we currently understand it, 40 years from now.
And I would only say 10% of that time, if the French elect Marine Le Pen, as their President and she takes her Country out of the EU.

The EU needs to end and diminish and die quickly, it is a corrupted pile of garbage, a hell hole and still does not make sense why people want to be associated with it or remain in it.

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
lol, the country is prospering at the moment - record employment levels, second highest-growing economy in 2016 after Germany.
Utter nonsense, you have Eastern EU citizens flocking here mainly from Romania, Bulgaria. Most do not work and just scrounge from the benefit system, This may be prosperous to them but not us when they're robbing and stealing from UK Nationals. Only the other day, my sister was telling me about one of her friends being approached by two Romanian women, they employed distraction tactics to try pickpocket her, but she knew their game they were playing and just pushed their hands away.

It was a massive mistake allowing Romania to join the EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...oners-EU-jails

Quote:
The Eastern European nation holds the shameful record of having the greatest number of its expats in prison in the EU - with an estimated 11,511 in jail.

The report found: “The crime rate is around three times higher for Romanians abroad than Romanians at home.”

Around one in every 256 Romanian expats is in an EU jail with the majority convicted for crimes such as shoplifting, burglary and mugging.

“Poor education, lack of social mobility, and low incomes in Romania drive many to seek fortune abroad. But instead some turn to crime. Many Romanians who are law-abiding at home, become criminals abroad.”
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2017, 15:38   #287
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
And I would only say 10% of that time, if the French elect Marine Le Pen, as their President and she takes her Country out of the EU..
It will certainly be interesting to see what happens if Le Pen wins. Paddy Power put her at 2-1 to win.
Would she hold a referendum to leave the EU or would her election win be sufficient?
Old 28-02-2017, 15:49   #288
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think we sometimes underestimate the emotional attachment to the concept (as opposed to the institution) on mainland Europe. I remember reading an article that speculated that one of the reasons for German reluctance over free movement was the experience of West/East Germans. There are many people in Europe now for whom the cold war isn't that long ago.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Quote:
Utter nonsense, you have Eastern EU citizens flocking here mainly from Romania, Bulgaria. Most do not work and just scrounge from the benefit system, This may be prosperous to them but not us when they're robbing and stealing from UK Nationals. Only the other day, my sister was telling me about one of her friends being approached by two Romanian women, they employed distraction tactics to try pickpocket her, but she knew their game they were playing and just pushed their hands away.
Is that really true though?
Old 28-02-2017, 15:57   #289
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

It was a massive mistake allowing Romania to join the EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...oners-EU-jails
Most do work Mick, there is no automatic entitlement to benefits when people move to another EU country. People can be sent back if they do not have the means to support themselves financially and this does happen. Liverpool recently sent back some street beggars.
Whether allowing Romania to join the EU or not is a different debate but maybe one you feel more comfortable with than with discussing the increased prosperity membership has brought the UK.
Quote:
After becoming an EEC member, Britain slowly began to catch up. Gross domestic product per person has grown faster than Italy, Germany and France in the 42 years since. By 2013, Britain became more prosperous than the average of the three other large European economies for the first time since 1965.
Professor Nauro Campos of Brunel University has estimated how Britain would have fared if it had not joined the common market. He and his colleagues found the best approximation to Britain’s pre-1973 economic performance to be a combination of New Zealand and Argentina, which like the UK fell behind the US and continental Europe.
https://www.ft.com/ or google "What has the EU done for the UK?"
Old 28-02-2017, 16:04   #290
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
google "What has the EU done for the UK?"
No ta I'm busy cutting my toenails it's more rewarding.
Nitwits like Moaning Major have had their (grey) day and thankfully people with more vision and stronger leadership are in place now both here and over the pond.

The EU is yesterday's news.
Old 28-02-2017, 16:06   #291
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think we sometimes underestimate the emotional attachment to the concept (as opposed to the institution) on mainland Europe. I remember reading an article that speculated that one of the reasons for German reluctance over free movement was the experience of West/East Germans. There are many people in Europe now for whom the cold war isn't that long ago.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

I agree about Continental Europe being emotionally invested in the EU. They've seen two world wars with first-hand territorial occupations. Eastern Europeans have not enjoyed the freedom to travel outside the Eastern bloc nor the prosperity to travel much within the Eastern bloc.
Old 28-02-2017, 16:10   #292
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Yes it is. I live in a North West Town, not far from Manchester and close to what was a peaceful, quiet Asian area but in the last few years the area has been swamped with Romanians, this area has seen a massive influx of Romanians, of which many do not work, been told many times by the Police to avoid the area at night, muggings have increased tenfold in the area.

The Asian population is not happy, infact they tell us all the time they voted to leave because they are fed up of those 'Eastern Europeans' coming here to live off the state and rob and steal from our locals, they have said they catch them in the act all the time. I said not long ago in the migrant thread that three Romanian men tried to rob a school boy, I mean FFS, they don't care who they steal from. Anyway, as I said in that story, thankfully a car full of Asian men was driving past and came to the boys rescue, I saw the mother on facebook pleading to find the Asian men who saved her son from those disgusting thieving scumbags.
Old 28-02-2017, 16:12   #293
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

https://www.ft.com/ or google "What has the EU done for the UK?"
I often wonder why there is never a negative EU article published by the FT.

Just saying....
Old 28-02-2017, 16:25   #294
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes it is. I live in a North West Town, not far from Manchester and close to what was a peaceful, quiet Asian area but in the last few years the area has been swamped with Romanians, this area has seen a massive influx of Romanians, of which many do not work, been told many times by the Police to avoid the area at night, muggings have increased tenfold in the area.
I'm confused about your statement - is it most do not work or many do not work? They're quite different things.
Anyway, if things are as bad as you portray them, you have my total sympathy. Your council needs to deport them which it has the right to do so if they're not working. Councils with more guts do this and you need to diplomatically help yours step up to the mark to make your community a better place to live.
Old 28-02-2017, 16:59   #295
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I'm confused about your statement - is it most do not work or many do not work? They're quite different things.
Anyway, if things are as bad as you portray them, you have my total sympathy. Your council needs to deport them which it has the right to do so if they're not working. Councils with more guts do this and you need to diplomatically help yours step up to the mark to make your community a better place to live.
I fail to see where the confusion lies, most, many.... same thing in my book.
Old 28-02-2017, 17:22   #296
RizzyKing

There won't be a debate on the EU in 40 years because the EU will not exist, it will either collapse or become a U.S.E there will be no EU. I really don't pay any attention to the media because they are all agenda ridden steaming piles and none of them can be trusted to provide an objective picture for the public. I am still fully confident that after a bumpy 5-10 years the UK will start to prosper far more then it would have done by remaining and that's why i voted leave not for me but my kids their future is brighter out of the EU then it would have been if we stayed in.

Hopefully the EU will completely collapse and greater stability can be achieved by not having a self righteous corrupt monster constantly pushing to extend it's territory and influence. Leaving is not without it's risks but anyone who says there were no risks from staying in instantly loses credibility. If ken, john and michael are really unhappy about our exit from the EU they can sod off to europe and not look back there is definately no loss for the UK in those has beens leaving.

Old 28-02-2017, 18:40   #297
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I would not use "treasonous remoaners" as a description for any member of the 'remain' public voters, and the vast majority of the remain politicians, but the phrase is applicable to certain politicians, such as Tony Blair and Ken Clarke who are out and out globalists and want to see the elimination of the British sovereign state.

The essence of heero_yuy's post is spot on; the EU will never give up trying to drag the UK back into the Federal States of Europe. It is imperative that we have completely clean break from the EU laws.
You do realise that Europe didn't want us in the first place ,we where refused admission in the '60's .Our relationship with Europe over the years since our admission has been one of 'put up with the moaning brits' personally i think they'll be glad to see the back of us

Old 28-02-2017, 18:51   #298
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
You do realise that Europe didn't want us in the first place ,we where refused admission in the '60's .Our relationship with Europe over the years since our admission has been one of 'put up with the moaning brits' personally i think they'll be glad to see the back of us
In fairness that was mainly because DeGaulle was an anglophobe, I just wish he'd lived long enough for the Maastricht treaty to be implemented so that the British public would have seen what membership entailed.

No "Just a trading block" then!
Old 28-02-2017, 18:57   #299
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
personally i think they'll be glad to see the back of us

If only that were true.
Old 28-02-2017, 21:37   #300
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

First possible hump in the Parliamentary process of Brexit tomorrow: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39121562

The Lords might send it back to the Commons in order to seek assurances that EU citizens will be able to stay. I think this is something that is likely to happen anyway, it's more a soft protest to show some resistance. I can't see a scenario where this doesn't happen. It's too expensive and logistically difficult to deport all EU citizens, businesses would hit the roof and the uproar would be difficult to deal with. I think you would even see large scale protests and resistance. Imagine the police trying to rock up one morning in South Kensington to deport French citizens, not gonna happen.
Closed Thread