Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 06-03-2016, 17:55   #4546
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

l am looking forward to seeing this film in time.
Old 26-03-2016, 18:25   #4547
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Dawn of Justice: 4/10

Can't say I didn't expect it but I expected a lot better after man of steel which I consider the best Superman movie to date. If this is DCs answer to the avengers, then it's horrid.
Old 26-03-2016, 20:53   #4548
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Dawn of Justice: 4/10

Can't say I didn't expect it but I expected a lot better after man of steel which I consider the best Superman movie to date. If this is DCs answer to the avengers, then it's horrid.
I totally agree with the above, But 4/10?? Generous...at least the VIP leather reclining seats ensured a peaceful nap.
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 08:59   #4549
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Batman V Superman - 7/10

Overall I really enjoyed it.
Old 28-03-2016, 15:06   #4550
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Batman V Superman - 7/10

Overall I really enjoyed it.
Yup, me too - slow starting (which isn't a problem for me), but then two hours of non-stop action, which worked well in 3D IMAX.
7/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 18:33   #4551
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

10 Cloverfield Lane 7/10 claustrophobic film with a twist at the end.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 19:16   #4552
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Is it as good as the 1st one Tinky?.
Old 28-03-2016, 19:57   #4553
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Didn't see the first one unfortunately Den, but most of the film is supposedly shot in a bunker and that for me is a no no as far as I am concerned as I am very claustrophobic.
Old 28-03-2016, 20:20   #4554
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yup, me too - slow starting (which isn't a problem for me), but then two hours of non-stop action, which worked well in 3D IMAX.
7/10
Call me a purest but I detest post production 3D, glad you enjoyed such a poor movie though. An you weren't even paid to give 7/10 unlike certain sites

By the way, if you get a chance to see it in 2D imax you'll get the best experience!! But I understand most people just want "3D it's 3D!!!!!!!" Lol.
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 20:35   #4555
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
Call me a purest but I detest post production 3D, glad you enjoyed such a poor movie though. An you weren't even paid to give 7/10 unlike certain sites

By the way, if you get a chance to see it in 2D imax you'll get the best experience!! But I understand most people just want "3D it's 3D!!!!!!!" Lol.
You obviously have an issue with subjective experiences - just because you like/dislike something, it doesn't mean others have to have the same experience; that's what makes life interesting, rather than a homogenous boring everyone thinks the same...

I saw it in 3D IMAX because my son-in-law bought the tickets - I, my son-in-law's father, my son-in-law's two friends, and my daughter enjoyed it; my son-in-law wasn't so keen, but he didn't feel the need to disparage others because of it.

Do you have any proof that reviewers were paid to score it well, or are you just repeating internet gossip? Considering it took $424 million on it's opening weekend, you would have thought if it was so bad, word of mouth would have killed it (like it did for the FF4 remake).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 20:58   #4556
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post

Post production 3D has come a long way in the last few years and most of the time it can actually be rather good and sometimes better than filmed in 3D.

Personally I liked it in 3D.

Also the critics did give the film a hard time and some would say they had it in for the film from the moment it was announced. 90% of all my friends and family that have seen the film did in fact enjoy it, don't get me wrong its not perfect by any means though.

As for paid reviewers that is just internet rumour/gossip.
Old 28-03-2016, 21:02   #4557
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The thing is a lot of critics like to hear their own opinions a lot in my humble opinion but alas they have never erected a statue for a critic yet and never will.
Old 29-03-2016, 17:37   #4558
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Alright, Deadpool 10/10

Production hell for so many years and I struggle to see why. This is easily up there if not beyond Winter Soldier. Absolutely killed the memory of the monstrosity the first Wolverine origin story left us with.
Old 29-03-2016, 17:39   #4559
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Please behave now children
Old 10-04-2016, 18:32   #4560
Tinky
To err is human

The girl in the photographs 7/10 Gruesomely gory