Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 15-10-2012, 17:55   #901
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonker530 View Post
I have three TiVo boxes in total, 2 of which are in bedrooms and consequently are nowhere near my router etc. Do they all need connecting to the network with Ethernet cables? Am I right in assuming all three boxes can be controlled independently. If so, how?:confused
All TiVo boxes need to be connected to Ethernet, and you switch between them in the app with a drop down selection.
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2012, 19:13   #902
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
The online stream channels are different. I'm not sure we are supposed to be saying what they are but you will be happier with them.
By 'online' are you referring to TV Anywhere on PC?
Old 15-10-2012, 19:41   #903
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
By 'online' are you referring to TV Anywhere on PC?
Yes he is Tvanywhere can be accessed from pc/macs and ios devices and in the future android. I wouldnt take any notice of what channels can be streamed atm whether thats online or on an ios device, as these channels are just what we are using for testing now and all are subject to change amendment or indeed addition.

Regards

John
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 09:55   #904
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
All TiVo boxes need to be connected to Ethernet, and you switch between them in the app with a drop down selection.
Can you please clarify what you mean by 'connected to Ethernet'?

Something will have to be plugged into the TiVo to connect it to a home network but I presume it can be a physical wire to the home network router or a homeplug or a wireless adapter?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 10:10   #905
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Can you please clarify what you mean by 'connected to Ethernet'?

Something will have to be plugged into the TiVo to connect it to a home network but I presume it can be a physical wire to the home network router or a homeplug or a wireless adapter?
Yes, a network cable between your home router and the TiVo box.

I presume a wireless adapter or homeplug would work. Not sure what the bandwidth requirements for it are, but it should be fine considering the smallest bandwidth is likely to be between your iPad and your wireless router.
Old 16-10-2012, 10:23   #906
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Bonker530;35485339]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1 View Post
Yes your Tivo does need an ethernet cable connection to your network to be able to control the box etc.

I have three TiVo boxes in total, 2 of which are in bedrooms and consequently are nowhere near my router etc. Do they all need connecting to the network with Ethernet cables? Am I right in assuming all three boxes can be controlled independently. If so, how?:confused
I am in exactly the same situation and would like an answer please!
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 10:36   #907
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You will need an ethernet cable connected to the back of each TiVo and that will need to be connect to your router/superhub.

If your TiVo(s) are not near your router then you can use homeplugs to finish the connection.
Old 16-10-2012, 11:35   #908
DaBoz
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I am in exactly the same situation and would like an answer please!
Which bit are you confused over? Telling which of your 3 TiVos you want to control? If so, the user interface allows you to pick which TiVo you want to "talk" to, and from memory you can add TiVo devices by adding their unique code from the System Info page.

You can control your TiVos either at home or in away mode (e.g. round a friend's house on their wifi)
Old 16-10-2012, 11:54   #909
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Which bit are you confused over? Telling which of your 3 TiVos you want to control? If so, the user interface allows you to pick which TiVo you want to "talk" to, and from memory you can add TiVo devices by adding their unique code from the System Info page.

You can control your TiVos either at home or in away mode (e.g. round a friend's house on their wifi)
Thanks! That's what I needed to know! At present using any of the web or tablet options to set a remote recording it goes to all 3 Tivos.
Old 16-10-2012, 12:30   #910
DaBoz
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Thanks! That's what I needed to know! At present using any of the web or tablet options to set a remote recording it goes to all 3 Tivos.
Well I haven't personally tried it, because I have only 1 TiVo, so if any tester on here has more than 1 TiVo, if they could just confirm for Fixerman that you interact with only 1 TiVo at a time with the app...
Old 16-10-2012, 12:36   #911
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well I haven't personally tried it, because I have only 1 TiVo, so if any tester on here has more than 1 TiVo, if they could just confirm for Fixerman that you interact with only 1 TiVo at a time with the app...
I asked this a few days ago. Here is the answer:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35483120-post819.html
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 12:41   #912
DaBoz
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
I asked this a few days ago. Here is the answer:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35483120-post819.html
Yeah, I've got the drop down on mine, just wanted to see confirmation from someone who's tried it. Just to make sure.
Old 16-10-2012, 13:03   #913
fixerman
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah, I've got the drop down on mine, just wanted to see confirmation from someone who's tried it. Just to make sure.
Thanks guys! Now we just wait for the full release!
Old 16-10-2012, 15:49   #914
pythagoras
cf.addict

I have three tivo boxes and they can be controlled independently from the app. The drop down selection works as it is intended to do. all three of my tivos are connected via ethernet to the super hub

Regards

John
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:10   #915
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You will need an ethernet cable connected to the back of each TiVo and that will need to be connect to your router/superhub.

If your TiVo(s) are not near your router then you can use homeplugs to finish the connection.
You are the second person who has said that a physical cable is required. Can you please explain why a wireless connection is not suitable?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote