Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 01-12-2011, 20:55   #181
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch View Post
Yeah, guess I cocked that bit up then! Here's a fixed link with the correction already made.

Fixed tivofiles.zip

I can't edit my original post to fix the link for some reason
Original link changed on request
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2011, 21:44   #182
graeme2b
Inactive

Services: V+HD, 50MB, Unlimited Phone, Sky+HD 1Tb, Apple iPhone 4, Apple Macbook. TiVo.
graeme2b is on a distinguished roadgraeme2b is on a distinguished road

anything for MAC users?
graeme2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 21:55   #183
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

I'm really enjoying this! It's instantly turned my TiVo into a new beast.

I've just recorded a very quick video for those wondering what the app looks and works like.

http://youtu.be/Yxdzo2ur2tQ
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 21:55   #184
foddy
Inactive

Services: Tivo, 50Mbps
foddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme2b View Post
anything for MAC users?
It's all in python - OS X ships with python, so it should work without any downloads except zeroconf.

Foddy
foddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 21:56   #185
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme2b View Post
anything for MAC users?
I have it running on Mac, you can use the same files and Mac has python preinstalled.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 22:06   #186
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Am I missing something but i can't see anywhere to set up or edit wishlists?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 00:34   #187
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Mine is fully operational now thanks to a massive helping hand from idbirch.

I can't get over how fast this makes navigating the TiVo. This is hands down the best way to use the TiVo!
I feel the same way about TiVo Commander Android app. The benefit of the iPad app now hacked to work is that you must have far more features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
I'm really enjoying this! It's instantly turned my TiVo into a new beast.

I've just recorded a very quick video for those wondering what the app looks and works like.

http://youtu.be/Yxdzo2ur2tQ
Whoa, that is pretty slick. Love the original US TiVo blue menu style too!
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 14:38   #188
earth
Inactive

earth is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow, I've managed to get it working too. Virgin badly need to release the proper version of this - it's awesome!
earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 15:53   #189
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
I feel the same way about TiVo Commander Android app. The benefit of the iPad app now hacked to work is that you must have far more features.

Whoa, that is pretty slick. Love the original US TiVo blue menu style too!
Yeah, it's crazily good! Suddenly the TiVo becomes blazing fast, instantly changing channels or watching recorded shows. Very impressive!

I like the blue menu style also but it's too close to the colour scheme from the Sky+ app I guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth View Post
Oh wow, I've managed to get it working too. Virgin badly need to release the proper version of this - it's awesome!
This can't be said enough. Amazing app & everyone involved deserves a pat on the back.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 21:20   #190
idbirch
Inactive

idbirch is an unknown quantity at this point

The Mrs has uncovered an interesting bug (which has to be expected when we're using such a dirty hack to make it work) that crashes the app every time.

She was searching for "The fight of their lives" and it would crash on her iPhone 4 while typing in the search term. After a minute of testing, I found that the word "their" was causing the problem. Even if I enter just that word, it bombs and it's the same on the iPad! Can anyone else who's got this running try the same thing and see if they get a crash too?

Just hit search and type "their".
idbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 21:31   #191
earth
Inactive

earth is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the same on my iPad, what a strange bug!
earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 21:42   #192
idbirch
Inactive

idbirch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for confirming, she found another one immediately after that too. Browse -> Movies -> Musical Movies -> Crash!

I've been using it quite a lot and not managed to crash it once, she picks it up and kills it twice in 2 minutes. VM, if you need any testers for you version of this, I recommend my Mrs!
idbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 23:06   #193
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Mines crashed a few times, last night I was looking at my to do list and deleting Sundays episodes of friends and then looking at stuff latter in the week each time I tried to look at Pineapple Express from a movie wish list it crashed the app.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 23:57   #194
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Mines crashed a few times, last night I was looking at my to do list and deleting Sundays episodes of friends and then looking at stuff latter in the week each time I tried to look at Pineapple Express from a movie wish list it crashed the app.
Maybe that is why the VM version is still under development!
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:08   #195
sn00p
Inactive

sn00p is on a distinguished roadsn00p is on a distinguished road

Great work! Now the tivo actually becomes awesome.

I've made some changes to the script:

http://pastebin.com/hgQ1DbU4
http://pastebin.com/YYQsaF5z

First paste bin is the modified mDNS proxy, second paste bin is a modified version of the Zeroconf.py which fixes a bug which prevents my modifications from working.

Basically I've cobbled together a few bits and bobs from the net and the script now:

* uses zeroconf to find your boxes on the network.
* automatically creates a mDNS entry for each device which the app will be able to see.
* doesn't require you to modify the script or enter in TSN values or ip addresses, it gets these from the real box.

As an added bonus, you can modify the tivo_nicenames at the top of the script and replace the tivo service name (these are what you see in multi room streaming and are also displayed on the console when the script rungs) with a more friendly name, so e.g A123 becomes "Tivo Bedroom".
sn00p is offline   Reply With Quote