Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 26-11-2011, 17:57   #136
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisidaho View Post
Disappointed at the delay. This was top of my ever changing list of new gadgets to play with..... Now I guess I'll have to find something else to look forward to in thenext few weeks.
I'm in the same boat mate. I can't believe I first posted in this thread 9 months ago!!

I'm sure VM must need some beta testers for this app.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2011, 17:58   #137
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Disappointed at the delay. This was top of my ever changing list of new gadgets to play with..... Now I guess I'll have to find something else to look forward to in thenext few weeks.
Maybe you could spend some time counting your blessings and reflecting on the fact that the one of your major concerns is as unimportant as the Tivo iPad app.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 18:13   #138
chrisidaho
Inactive

Services: Triple XL Virgin Media and TiVo
chrisidaho has a spectacular aura about themchrisidaho has a spectacular aura about themchrisidaho has a spectacular aura about themchrisidaho has a spectacular aura about them

Fair comment. Not having an iPad app for vm TiVo is very much a first world problem. I am pretty grateful to be honest that I have not had any major issues to date and I am happy with the performance and features of my TiVo. The app will (hopefully) be the icing on the cake

Having said that I am still impatient on the inside....

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Would happily beta test it for vm but I get the impression they have it out with staff who can have it installed onto ios devices via a different route to the app store
chrisidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 18:16   #139
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Fair comment. Not having an iPad app for vm TiVo is very much a first world problem. I am pretty grateful to be honest that I have not had any major issues to date and I am happy with the performance and features of my TiVo. The app will (hopefully) be the icing on the cake

Having said that I am still impatient on the inside....

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Would happily beta test it for vm but I get the impression they have it out with staff who can have it installed onto ios devices via a different route to the app store
Afaik it's been in various stages of testing for a while, if it's getting delayed they must have a really good reason to do so.
Old 26-11-2011, 19:12   #140
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Afaik it's been in various stages of testing for a while, if it's getting delayed they must have a really good reason to do so.
Yeah, even in September it was still mentioned as being introduced along side the 15.2 update. I wonder what went wrong?
Old 26-11-2011, 19:58   #141
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Yeah, even in September it was still mentioned as being introduced along side the 15.2 update. I wonder what went wrong?
We have to be patient and cut them some slack. It is a very complex project to blend three totally different technologies, Apple IOS, TIVO and Virgin Media. Many unforeseen issues will arise as each stage is completed. Better that it take a long time and be fully serviceable when released and not be rushed like the latest version of the You Tube app.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 11:30   #142
Doz007
cf.geek

Do we know if the iPad & iPhone app are a single app compatible with both devices or two separate apps?
Old 27-11-2011, 11:32   #143
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Do we know if the iPad & iPhone app are a single app compatible with both devices or two separate apps?
The US one is a single app so I would assume the VM one will be.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 11:49   #144
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Same app.
Old 27-11-2011, 12:00   #145
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Same app.
Thanks chaps.
Old 27-11-2011, 17:35   #146
foddy
Inactive

Services: Tivo, 50Mbps
foddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Out of interest, has anyone confirmed that the VM app will be the US app re-branded, or will it be a completely re-written VM app?

Thanks.
foddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 17:57   #147
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

If I take a guess it will the US one rebranded and changes made to VM spec as the pictures floating around had the VM red look but US TV listing.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 21:37   #148
foddy
Inactive

Cool Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Moderators, please feel free to delete this if conflicts with any rules.

I downloaded the TiVo app from the US iTunes site today and installed it. It won't find the VM TiVo, and says it's an unsupported DVR when you try to connect to it.

After a bit of fiddling, I got it to connect (picture attached). The only big problem is that the pictures never load. I suspect this is because port 80 is blocked - they even fail on the plain HTTPS interface (Now Playing).

Anyway - it was just out of curiosity. Hopefully we'll get the VM version soon!
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0006.PNG (309.3 KB, 104 views)
Old 27-11-2011, 22:12   #149
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

So how did you get it to connect?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 22:18   #150
foddy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
So how did you get it to connect?
It uses mDNS to discover the TiVo. You just need to get your computer to send out replies on behalf of the TiVo, but lying about its model.

Thankfully, someone on the Interweb had already done half the work.