Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A strange but telling question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

IS threaten London with terrorist

Old 04-02-2016, 14:16   #1
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough
IS threaten London with terrorist

It seems IS have issued a warning that they are going to launch a "Doomsday" attack on London so bad it will turn childrens hair white. I guess eventually one of the many terrorist groups on the planet will be successful in carrying out a major attack in the UK.

https://www.rt.com/uk/330876-isis-london-terror-threat/
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2016, 14:35   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: IS threaten London with terrorist................

Yup, that's the kind of thing they're known for.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 15:01   #3
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Must be bad, Boris's hair has turned white already
Old 04-02-2016, 15:10   #4
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Must be bad, Boris's hair has turned white already
An I think that's about as serious as the average person takes these threats. It's just something to add to the ,"ahh well I might get hit by a bus, fall down the stairs, ect tomorrow" phrase.

Face it, if a terrorist decides to run up to you an behead you tomorrow you'll be the first person to know an the last person to care. It's just part of life now, an these events change nothing. Also, I read somewhere you're more likely to die of risky sexual behaviour (sic) than terrorism.

Although a combination of the 2, being attacked by a risky sexual terrorist maybe quite interesting.
Old 04-02-2016, 15:54   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Problem is not the threats that we know about but the threats that we don't.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 16:28   #6
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

An attack of some sort is sadly inevitable. I have absolutely no doubt we have a number of high risk IS operatives, a considerably greater number of IS supporters, and a far greater still number of IS sympathisers in the country.

When people base, or in many cases were forced by their parents to base, their entire existence around any one thing that carries with it so many potentially negative connotations and end up with it completely defining them they are, by definition, going to appear extreme to those who do not share such views.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 16:43   #7
tweedle
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

An attack of some sort is sadly inevitable. I have absolutely no doubt we have a number of high risk IS operatives, a considerably greater number of IS supporters, and a far greater still number of IS sympathisers in the country.

When people base, or in many cases were forced by their parents to base, their entire existence around any one thing that carries with it so many potentially negative connotations and end up with it completely defining them they are, by definition, going to appear extreme to those who do not share such views.
Any examples of what the "thing" might be

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Problem is not the threats that we know about but the threats that we don't.

You mean there are risky sexual members of ISIS we don't know about?
Old 04-02-2016, 17:13   #8
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
Any examples of what the "thing" might be
Given we were discussing IS I'd imagine Islam would be the obvious one, though it can go for many religions that have been around a while and haven't been through an 'enlightenment'.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 17:32   #9
tweedle
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Given we were discussing IS I'd imagine Islam would be the obvious one, though it can go for many religions that have been around a while and haven't been through an 'enlightenment'.
What would describe "enlightenment" to be?

EDIT- forget it, your the least racist person I think I have seen/read in the Internet. This site has some very racist users but I'm not sure they understand just how vile and racist they are.
Old 04-02-2016, 17:41   #10
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
being attacked by a risky sexual terrorist maybe quite interesting.
Would some sort of 'resraints' be involved?
Old 04-02-2016, 17:56   #11
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Would some sort of 'restraints' be involved?
Naturally:

Old 04-02-2016, 18:12   #12
tweedle
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Naturally:

I believe purple is a ISIS friendly colour an I also believe they like fury handcuffs
Old 04-02-2016, 21:53   #13
RizzyKing

Re: IS threaten London with terrorist

Sun follows moon and terrorists plan attacks on civilians so much easier then picking fights with those armed and ready for it. At some point a plan will succeed it's a question of numbers and sadly our policies of multi cultralism will come back to bite us the question is when it happens will we have the strength to stay true to our beliefs or react with fear and anger. Terrorism is a fact of life in today's world and will be for some time to come but terrorism isn't the preserve of any one group or religion and our response should also be specific rather then general.
Old 04-02-2016, 22:05   #14
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The Nazi's could bomb us into surrender so a few terrorist bombs won't do squat
Old 04-02-2016, 22:27   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Sun follows moon and terrorists plan attacks on civilians so much easier then picking fights with those armed and ready for it. At some point a plan will succeed it's a question of numbers and sadly our policies of multi cultralism will come back to bite us the question is when it happens will we have the strength to stay true to our beliefs or react with fear and anger. Terrorism is a fact of life in today's world and will be for some time to come but terrorism isn't the preserve of any one group or religion and our response should also be specific rather then general.
Terrorists are often cowardly. None more so than those who ask others to walk into a crowded area wearing a bomb. They don't even have the courage to carry out their own threats.

However, I have lived in and around London all my life. I have seen it threatened by various groups (IRA, Taliban and IS mainly). I don't see that IS is any different to the other groups. In fact I'd argue they are less successful than the IRA or Taliban as they have not successfully hit London yet.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote