Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 25-10-2016, 20:40   #481
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Re: US Election 2016

Pat Condell's latest take on things.

Advertisement
Old 25-10-2016, 20:59   #482
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Obama was on Jimmy Kimmel Live, reading out Tweets.

He read one from Trump

President Obama will go down in history as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States!

Obama replied

at least I will go down as president

I call that OWNED
Old 25-10-2016, 22:08   #483
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

He read one from Trump

President Obama will go down in history as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States!

Obama replied

I call that OWNED
He will have more egg on his face, when Trump becomes the 45th President, according to the Internal polling, he is set for a landslide victory. I don't believe the biased polling from biased media news outlets trying to keep the light on with Crooked Hillary.

But just going back to Obama for a second, he will will go down as one of the dullest Presidents ever, what legacy does the World have thanks to him and largely, Crooked Hillary when she was Sec. of State?

Answer: The Uprising of ISIS and the unstable happenings in the Middle East. Complete and utter disastrous policies led by them both.

We can also I suppose thank him for interfering with our Brexit referendum, threatening us that we would be at bottom of the queue when it comes to trade deals, ooops what PR rhetoric, fed you that crap? Americans don't say queue...., many saw past it and voted against the fool he got egg on his face for that haha.

In his own Country, lots of Americans have got totally fed up of Obamacare, with ridiculous rises in costs for it.

Crooked Hillary would continue where Obama left off and I think most Americans don't want that and would vote for change and they know they would get that with Trump and get most of the same with her.

Trump has this Election bagged because the alternative is too bent, lied and during the Election campaign, she has employed some dodgy practices, including inciting trouble at Trump rallies and let's not shy away from the fact, she has been part of the establishment for 30+ years.
Old 25-10-2016, 22:17   #484
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

He read one from Trump

Obama replied

I call that OWNED
To be fair.......not bad at all.
Old 25-10-2016, 22:26   #485
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
He will have more egg on his face, when Trump becomes the 45th President, according to the Internal polling, he is set for a landslide victory. I don't believe the biased polling from biased media news outlets trying to keep the light on with Crooked Hillary.
Mick you don't have access to internal polling. I am not sure if you're seeking a reaction here but there is no evidence of a pending landslide for Trump. There might be a case to be made that the polls underestimate his support and, combined with low turnout, he causes an upset.

By the way you can get some clues about internal polling from the way the campaigns behave. Clinton is buying ads in Texas and Arizona and moving money away from states like Virginia and Colorado. Trump appears to have given up on Pennsylvania. These are not the actions of a campaign with internal polling saying they're onto a landslide. If they were why are we not seeing Trump trying to take some blue states like Colorado?

And incidentally for the 'biased mainstream media' these are the same polls that had Trump winning the nomination. That got the last two US elections spot on. Why are they bad now? and not just bad but so bad that instead of Clinton being +7 it will be a landslide for Trump?

Anyway two weeks today and we'll see if Trump has this bagged or not.
Old 25-10-2016, 22:38   #486
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
To be fair.......not bad at all.
But do you agree, his words could badly backfire ?...

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Mick you don't have access to internal polling. I am not sure if you're seeking a reaction here but there is no evidence of a pending landslide for Trump. There might be a case to be made that the polls underestimate his support and, combined with low turnout, he causes an upset.

By the way you can get some clues about internal polling from the way the campaigns behave. Clinton is buying ads in Texas and Arizona and moving money away from states like Virginia and Colorado. Trump appears to have given up on Pennsylvania. These are not the actions of a campaign with internal polling saying they're onto a landslide. If they were why are we not seeing Trump trying to take some blue states like Colorado?

And incidentally for the 'biased mainstream media' these are the same polls that had Trump winning the nomination. That got the last two US elections spot on. Why are they bad now? and not just bad but so bad that instead of Clinton being +7 it will be a landslide for Trump?

Anyway two weeks today and we'll see if Trump has this bagged or not.
Damien, Crooked's Hillary's running mate Kaine, had 30 people turn up at one of his Florida Rallies, that is bad, as Florida is a key swing state. Trump manages 10 K - 20K at almost every rally of his and he managed it well again at a rally in Florida. Clinton herself struggles to get 1000 at her own rallies, when she actually goes out to do them.

I already discussed the support being shown on social media for both candidates, the difference being more than a few million between them both.
Old 25-10-2016, 22:45   #487
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Mick, are you drunk.

I personally cannot see Trump winning. In fact l saw a guy in West London today wearing a Donald Trump T SHIRT. An l said 'you must be the only one' and everyone laughed

I can see Clinton winning, but it will be close. I read the American every night. You cannot have a prat like Trump as President. If he won. He would last about three months before someone shot him
Old 25-10-2016, 22:45   #488
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Damien, Crooked's Hillary's running mate Kaine, had 30 people turn up at one of his Florida Rallies, that is bad, as Florida is a key swing state. Trump manages 10 K - 20K at almost every rally of his and he managed it well again at a rally in Florida. Clinton herself struggles to get 1000 at her own rallies, when she actually goes out to do them.

I already discussed the support being shown on social media for both candidates, the difference being more than a few million between them both.
And Chris has explained the same happened for the Yes campaign in Scotland.

Corbyn has big rallies and lots of Twitter followers. He isn't exactly doing that well either though. The people who attend these things are never representative of the public. Romney was saying the same thing about having bigger rallies back in 2012.

Incidentally voting has started and whilst it's far too early to draw clear conclusions, certainly not about whose one, there isn't anything that has caused alarm for pollsters. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ar-in-colorado
Old 25-10-2016, 23:07   #489
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
And Chris has explained the same happened for the Yes campaign in Scotland.
I saw what Chris said don't believe it can be compared to the US Election.

Anyway, I just went to Hillary Clinton's official facebook page and she is getting so many negative comments on her own page... just seen this one LOL...

Quote:
Rose ******: I voted trump. Got our Obamacare premium bill for the new year ���� family of 4 will be over $900 a month!! My parents insurance went to $3,100 a month!!! What is going on with our country that we would vote yes to this?!
Like · Reply · 786 Likes · 2 hrs
And another comment here from a post on her wall....

Quote:
Jeff ****: Just voted today in Texas, I have never seen a line of people like this waiting to vote on day one! This veteran waited almost 1 hour for 20 seconds of pride to vote Trump!
Like · Reply · 2,398 Likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Mick, are you drunk.

I personally cannot see Trump winning. In fact l saw a guy in West London today wearing a Donald Trump T SHIRT. An l said 'you must be the only one' and everyone laughed

I can see Clinton winning, but it will be close. I read the American every night. You cannot have a prat like Trump as President. If he won. He would last about three months before someone shot him
I could not careless what you read Arthur, I SPEAK to Americans every night, so hows that for you and they think it's crooked Hillary who is the prat.

Also, stop advocating an assassination attempt, like you did in one of your last posts on here, pretty sure it's federal crime even suggesting it. You also say it like it would be okay to go around shooting people, it is not, no matter how much a person is hated for whatever reason. I can't stand the ground Hillary walks on, but I would not welcome any kind of violence towards her in anyway shape or form. So please stop repeating those lines.

And no I am not drunk.
Old 26-10-2016, 07:20   #490
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Twitter is the worst possible place to gauge an election outcome. Evidence of activism is not evidence of population-wide voter intent. Only time will tell what actually happens, but people are people, wherever in the world they are, and if it's coming down to claims of long voter lines, tweets and numbers of placards then yes, it is very much like what happened here in 2014.
Old 26-10-2016, 10:30   #491
RizzyKing

While i do think trump has more support then polls show i don't think it's enough to get him the election but for me the big thing is how many of my american friends do believe this election may be rigged or corrupted somehow. Such a massive change in 8 years back when obama was running for the first time so many including a few republican supporters were hoping he represented a new era of politics. Now most of them loathe him and have nothing good to say about him and i think that's why his legacy will not be that positive comparing the promise to what was delivered he hasn't been very good.

While the US election is the most glaring example of poor political options it is certainly more widespread and is going to affect many of us in the coming years as we end up with only the corporate lackey's for representatives.

Old 26-10-2016, 15:26   #492
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell to vote for Hillary Clinton in US election as many moderate republicans switch their allegiance.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html
Old 26-10-2016, 17:22   #493
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell to vote for Hillary Clinton in US election as many moderate republicans switch their allegiance.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html
Doesn't really mean anything in the grand scale of things. One could argue that he is perhaps used to aligning himself with corrupt leaders, having served under one.

http://mostcorrupt.com/Most-Corrupt-...strations.html

Put it this way, I don't think Trump will be upset with his vote for the devil.
Old 26-10-2016, 17:29   #494
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well l cannot blame you for remaining positive Mick even though the omens are pretty ominous with all the polls pointing to a hemorrhaging of Trumps support these past few weeks as many start to realise what a basket case he is although to put it bluntly Hilary Clinton is not exactly the best candidate the Democrats could have had but she is the worst of two evils IMO.
Old 26-10-2016, 17:31   #495
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Doesn't really mean anything in the grand scale of things. One could argue that he is perhaps used to aligning himself with corrupt leaders, having served under one.

http://mostcorrupt.com/Most-Corrupt-...strations.html

Put it this way, I don't think Trump will be upset with his vote for the devil.
That site's not to keen on The Donald...

http://mostcorrupt.com/Newsmaker-Limericks.html
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread