Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Outstanding amount - Not a customer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Outstanding amount - Not a customer

Old 22-01-2014, 12:13   #1
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Outstanding amount - Not a customer

Received a letter from Virgin mobile today and only after opening it realised it was addressed to a different name but at my address. It is an overdue account letter and I don't have any accounts with VM. No one else has ever lived at my property as it is newly built, so either a mistake or fraud. Is there anywhere to report this online? Should I be contacting the police?

I tried calling virgin and was quickly reminded how bad of a company they are to deal with. First time I got through to what appeared to be an Asian call centre who cut me off at the point I told them I wasn't a customer. Called again and got fed up listening to music in their queue. So glad I don't have to deal with this mickey mouse outfit any more.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-01-2014, 13:28   #2
Tali
cf.addict

Tali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Outstanding amount - Not a customer

Seal the envelope, next to the address on the front of the envelope, write in large letters, "Not at this address" and drop it into the nearest post box.

If anymore come, repeat as many times as you see fit.
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 13:34   #3
tizmeinnit

I am guessing a address mistake as surely the system would know no accounts were held at your address
Old 22-01-2014, 14:56   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The call centre is in Manilla I think.

Best advice is just reseal and cross out address and write not at this address and post in your nearest post box.
Old 22-01-2014, 15:26   #5
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

I'm not so sure about it being a simple address error, as my postcode didn't even exist until last last year. Took a while for the Post office to update their systems and then all the providers some time after that, deliveries were a nightmare for a while.

Will try the advice of resealing and writing not at this address, although it worries me that it could affect the credit score of this address if not dealt with properly.

Cheers for the advice.
Old 22-01-2014, 15:44   #6
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

They are probably having a pop at you 'cause of your sig.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 16:50   #7
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Thanks for making me notice the Sky link wasn't working!
Old 22-01-2014, 19:32   #8
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Will try the advice of resealing and writing not at this address, although it worries me that it could affect the credit score of this address if not dealt with properly.

Cheers for the advice.
Not a problem, credit scores are against a person, not an address according to the credit agencies. I've been receiving quotations for several different people at my address (no one else has ever lived here) most insurers quote data protection but one sensible one told me there were several other names listed at my address and would pass the details to their fraud dept; they assured me it wouldn't reflect on me
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 06:49   #9
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

They are good at this. I have had a problem and they mailed the answer to a completely different e-mail address. They have also sent a letter, but I haven't had it so who know where it went. Hang on, your name isn't Price is it :-)
huxleypiguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 14:20   #10
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Well after putting return to sender on two letters along with a note explaining why, I have today received another letter with the same name on. Virgin Media are totally useless!

This time I have done another return to sender but explained I will be charging VM for my time to return any future letters addressed wrongly since they have been informed three times now.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
. Hang on, your name isn't Price is it :-)
Nope Is yours Jeff Ogbyakula? Not exactly that but the first and surname on these letters really don't look like they belong together.
Old 18-03-2014, 16:57   #11
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Well after putting return to sender on two letters along with a note explaining why, I have today received another letter with the same name on. Virgin Media are totally useless!

This time I have done another return to sender but explained I will be charging VM for my time to return any future letters addressed wrongly since they have been informed three times now.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Nope Is yours Jeff Ogbyakula? Not exactly that but the first and surname on these letters really don't look like they belong together.
I was getting bills from BT for over a year after i dumped them, it took lawyers letters and the civil court to get them off my back . That's why they will never supply service in this house again why i live here.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:33   #12
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Got another letter addressed to the same person but with no markings on the envelope this time. Looked up the PO box address on the back of the envelope and it is a debt collection agency. So it looks like VM have passed it on and i'm going to start getting more letters. There are no words for how much I hate VM!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:17   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well you can't really hate them for that surely?

Its an automated process and clearly its just been forwarded to a debt collection agency as is normal process.

Just remain clam and keep sending them back as not known at this address. Eventually they will get the message. Or even call them and tell them you are receiving letters and bills when that person has never lived there, nor have you heard of them before.
Old 03-04-2014, 13:50   #14
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

I did give in and call them today and their initial response was to tell me to just ignore all the letters but they will keep sending them. Also meant that I would keep getting the debt collection ones too.

Got through to customer support instead of billing/collections and got a similar response until I let them know it wasn't good enough. Gave them all the details and they said they would look in to it. Not convinced that will stop all the letters though.

My home is newly built and it took me a few weeks after moving in to get the new postcode put on Royal mails system. At the same time I registered to stop junk mail so no un-addressed letters come here. No mail forwarding from the old address as I still have access there. The tranquillity that comes from a new address and lack of crap mail should not be underestimated Just typical that VM are the ones to break that.
Old 08-04-2014, 22:56   #15
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Sue them for harassment.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote