Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 15-01-2012, 11:41   #226
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Mad Dogs Series 2 starts Thursday 19th January at 9pm

http://sky1.sky.com/mad-dogs-3/mad-d...ed-2nd-trailer
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2012, 11:46   #227
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is the right thread.
But searched the site and found nothing.

Went to watch Sky Sports News App on my ipad yesterday, only to be told, that there was now a new app..... £4.99 a month !!**!!

I subscribe to Sky Sports & Movies through Virgin, so although I'm not a Sky subscriber per se, it still costs £ 36.50 for Sky premium channels.

So no 3,4 or news HD channels, no Red button, no Sky GO and now I can't access Sky Sports app.

It makes you wonder why we pay so much for a second rate system !!

dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 11:49   #228
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Mad Dogs Series 2 starts Thursday 19th January at 9pm

http://sky1.sky.com/mad-dogs-3/mad-d...ed-2nd-trailer
Yes l ham looking forward to this and l set it to series record about a week ago so not to miss it.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:52   #229
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post

Went to watch Sky Sports News App on my ipad yesterday, only to be told, that there was now a new app..... £4.99 a month !!**!!

I subscribe to Sky Sports & Movies through Virgin, so although I'm not a Sky subscriber per se, it still costs £ 36.50 for Sky premium channels.

So no 3,4 or news HD channels, no Red button, no Sky GO and now I can't access Sky Sports app.

The problem is apps such as Sky Go contain content from other channel providers who Sky have struck deals with for it's own customers , I would suspect you won't see any Sky Sports/Movies content mobile until VM negotiate a deal with Sky for it.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:54   #230
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
The problem is apps such as Sky Go contain content from other channel providers who Sky have struck deals with for it's own customers , I would suspect you won't see any Sky Sports/Movies content mobile until VM negotiate a deal with Sky for it.
Thats a racing certainty muppetman sky do not give content away especially content that gives them a percieved edge,such as the apps mentioned.

I would think it will be a long time coming VM getting a deal for those.

As a VM sky sports customer if i want to watch sky sports on my mobile phone i have to pay an extra sub also but i rarely do.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:59   #231
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Thats a racing certainty muppetman sky do not give content away especially content that gives them a percieved edge,such as the apps mentioned.

I would think it will be a long time coming VM getting a deal for those.
I have to say Richard its one of the things I like about Sky the ability to use Sky Go and it's vast array of apps inclusive with your sub , I'm looking forward to the possibility of downloading content to your device this year enabling you to watch on the go were you have no wifi.
Old 15-01-2012, 12:07   #232
richard1960

Quote:
I have to say Richard its one of the things I like about Sky the ability to use Sky Go and it's vast array of apps inclusive with your sub , I'm looking forward to the possibility of downloading content to your device this year enabling you to watch on the go were you have no wifi.
Yes that certainly is a good selling point for sky to have and a added value product,which allows people the convienience of watching content virtually wherever they are.

Must say i used to stream sky sports over my mobile phone at £5 a month, it worked okay but there were sometimes problems with the app and once i got a text through apologising for the lack of service due to a fault.

But i guess the apps on i-pads,laptops and the like work a lot better and the choice to be able to view your content on the move away from home included in your TV sub is quite appealing.
Old 15-01-2012, 12:11   #233
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Yes that certainly is a good selling point for sky to have and a added value product,which allows people the convienience of watching content virtually wherever they are.

Must say i used to stream sky sports over my mobile phone at £5 a month, it worked okay but there were sometimes problems with the app and once i got a text through apologising for the lack of service due to a fault.

But i guess the apps on i-pads,laptops and the like work a lot better and the choice to be able to view your content on the move away from home included in your TV sub is quite appealing.
Was it Sky Player when you used it ?

Sky Go now offers the Sky Sports , Movies and ESPN live and also has movies on demand I've used it on my iPhone and iPad and I believe it will soon be available on Android , I've thankfully had no issues with it and the PQ is excellent.
Old 15-01-2012, 12:17   #234
richard1960

Quote:
Was it Sky Player when you used it ?

Sky Go now offers the Sky Sports , Movies and ESPN live and also has movies on demand I've used it on my iPhone and iPad and I believe it will soon be available on Android , I've thankfully had no issues with it upto now and the PQ is excellent.
No muppetman when i streamed sky sports on my mobile it was through a third party app licensed by sky thinking about it not sky player, and was about 18 months to 2 years ago since i last used that service when it worked though the picture was not that bad for a small device.

Skys own service these days will be a lot better as their reputation would take a dive if they did not perform as expected.
Old 15-01-2012, 14:09   #235
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

"Can I have a P please Bob?" Blockbusters To make TV comeback

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1326589131653A
Old 15-01-2012, 14:12   #236
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
"Can I have a P please Bob?" Blockbusters To make TV comeback

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1326589131653A
Yes very interesting but can l have a M Master.
Old 15-01-2012, 14:21   #237
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post

This along with the Sky Movies app, Sky News app, Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports 3&4HD and Sky F1 HD are the main reasons i'm looking to move across to Sky.

You really can't fault them when it comes to content.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 15:34   #238
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
This along with the Sky Movies app, Sky News app, Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports 3&4HD and Sky F1 HD are the main reasons i'm looking to move across to Sky.

You really can't fault them when it comes to content.
I would agree the apps on Sky are pretty good I personally use the Sky+ app the most as it helps with scheduling , Sky's one let down over VM is one less tuner however I find the Sky+ app allows me to find other airings and also recommends similar shows to me plus with its recent update you now have the ability to series link straight from it.
Old 16-01-2012, 10:08   #239
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Reed Hastings interview: 'Everybody would welcome a rival to Sky'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...?newsfeed=true
Old 17-01-2012, 10:14   #240
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Game of Thrones Season 2 To Start 1 Day After US

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/game-of-t...1-day-after-us