Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Acceptable Latency?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

modem upgrade.

Old 24-10-2007, 19:23   #1
raspberry
Inactive

raspberry is an unknown quantity at this point
modem upgrade.

About 6-7 weeks ago i came across the free modem upgrade on VM's website,duly filled in the application and was advised that i indeed required one for the 20mb () service.I received e mail confirmation and a tele no to ring if not received within 14 days.(0845 454 1111)Guess what? no modem,i left it for about 3 weeks and rang the number,Guess what? the indian call centre didn't know what i was talking about ()
They eventually found a number in the uk that could help,i rang and the person said although it wasn't there dept' they would see that one was ordered and despatched within a week.Guess what? nearly 7 weeks after the first order still no modem.
Anyone have any ideas or a tele number so that i could possibly get my hand on one of these elusive modems?
raspberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-10-2007, 19:30   #2
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age
Re: modem upgrade.

I WOULDNT BOTHER RASPBERRY,THEYVE PROBABLY RUN OUT OF THE MODEMS THE SAME AS THEY HAVE THE BANDWITH!!! it would probably be quicker running to the server for your download
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 22:40   #3
vmtec
Inactive

Services: now 50 mb bb,2v+ (pvr) 2 stb, and talk 24
vmtec is on a distinguished roadvmtec is on a distinguished road
Re: modem upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
About 6-7 weeks ago i came across the free modem upgrade on VM's website,duly filled in the application and was advised that i indeed required one for the 20mb () service.I received e mail confirmation and a tele no to ring if not received within 14 days.(0845 454 1111)Guess what? no modem,i left it for about 3 weeks and rang the number,Guess what? the indian call centre didn't know what i was talking about ()
They eventually found a number in the uk that could help,i rang and the person said although it wasn't there dept' they would see that one was ordered and despatched within a week.Guess what? nearly 7 weeks after the first order still no modem.
Anyone have any ideas or a tele number so that i could possibly get my hand on one of these elusive modems?
08000527000 should help you out!!!!!!!
vmtec is offline   Reply With Quote