Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 26-05-2012, 09:24   #1471
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

I think VM are taking one at me bitching about them because mine just keeps getting better...

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Mind you as the area has recently had Infinity maybe the big downloaders got as fed up with VM as I did and bailed. I hope BT get their act together soon so that I can - despite the recent improvement I simply don't trust VM any more.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2012, 12:56   #1472
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Mine at the moment.

Still gives me horrible game play in FIFA, go figure. Best it's been for months too, still a constant jitter of about 5 off-peak and 15 on-peak.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 13:02   #1473
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
I think VM are taking one at me bitching about them because mine just keeps getting better...

Mind you as the area has recently had Infinity maybe the big downloaders got as fed up with VM as I did and bailed. I hope BT get their act together soon so that I can - despite the recent improvement I simply don't trust VM any more.
whats happened to yours kwik
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 14:32   #1474
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Slight improvement
Old 26-05-2012, 15:51   #1475
Meekel
Inactive

Meekel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.

I'm still having an issue setting this up.

I've disabled Firewall, Port Scan and IP Flood Detection on the SuperHub and enabled Respond to Ping on WAN Port. There are no port forwarding rules either.

Is there anything else I'm missing that could be causing the graph to be full red?
Meekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 15:52   #1476
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
whats happened to yours kwik
Ah - 12:30 - 14:30 was a period of downloading. I'll grab an idle recent day..

Yesterday's was idle..

Not sure what short outage was around 6:30am or the other two even shorter ones earlier.
Old 26-05-2012, 15:58   #1477
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

you downloading? damn you've got some pulling power
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 16:07   #1478
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Furthermore the STM is busted - that session exceeded the 10Mbps morning limit and kept going at 10Mbit. The evening one here kicks in at well under the published limit though. Like most things VM it's not working correctly.
Old 27-05-2012, 01:31   #1479
jamonymo
Inactive

Services: 100mb virgin media tivo
jamonymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekel View Post
Hi everyone.

I've disabled Firewall, Port Scan and IP Flood Detection on the SuperHub and enabled Respond to Ping on WAN Port. There are no port forwarding rules either.

Is there anything else I'm missing that could be causing the graph to be full red?
jamonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 10:48   #1480
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

My live graph, post area uplift. Seems relatively serene compared to many on here
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:15   #1481
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekel View Post
Hi everyone.

Have you checked the IP address being pinged is actually yours, apart from that the only thing I can think of doing is a reboot of your superhub.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 13:24   #1482
jamonymo
Inactive

Services: 100mb virgin media tivo
jamonymo is an unknown quantity at this point

shoot me this is ****edd

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

fix for thinkbroadband.com graph is go into super hum advanced , then set password , then check yes Restore Factory Defaults, then alply

then delete your graph make a new one as your ip may had changed, done

this worked for me i had the same problem
jamonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 15:55   #1483
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Presumably yet another Superhub bug then. I've never seen a router with so few features and certainly never one with so many bugs.
Old 27-05-2012, 16:56   #1484
Meekel
Inactive

Meekel is an unknown quantity at this point

Any red is actual downtime. Internet has been cutting out since Thursday. Every so often the SuperHub can't lock onto an upstream channel. Most of my area has had the issue.
Meekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 18:42   #1485
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

For those amongst us wondering what Sky Fibre looks like, have a look below, only had it installed today so apparently has to run for 10 days to settle in.

So far it looks pretty good, speedtest's (and the routers sync speed) indicate I'm getting the full 40Mbps Down and 2Mbps Up near as damn it.

pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote