Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2016, 18:08   #2836
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l quite agree but alas those most venerated think differently..
I prefer Captain Kirk when he landed on Boston Legal
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2016, 18:23   #2837
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix has given a 10-episode series order to “Lost in Space,” a reboot of the classic science-fiction television show.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/lost...ix-1201806272/
Old 01-07-2016, 10:33   #2838
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon takes another first rights window with Showtime's comedy 'Roadies'
Old 05-07-2016, 17:17   #2839
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Comcast will let Netflix onto its X1 platform (which is a very big deal):

http://www.recode.net/2016/7/5/12096...-very-big-deal
Old 06-07-2016, 14:08   #2840
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Comcast will let Netflix onto its X1 platform (which is a very big deal):

http://www.recode.net/2016/7/5/12096...-very-big-deal
Not much of a big deal to UK based VM subscribers
Old 11-07-2016, 18:15   #2841
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Free one day sports pass:

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...ee-with-now-tv
Old 12-07-2016, 13:54   #2842
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

So, I decided to give Game of Thrones a go, if I bought a Now TV pass, would I be able to watch all the series on there? If not, what streaming service shows all series?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2016, 14:27   #2843
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
So, I decided to give Game of Thrones a go, if I bought a Now TV pass, would I be able to watch all the series on there? If not, what streaming service shows all series?

Thanks.
At the moment only last 3 episodes from most recent season are on nowtv but Game of thrones keeps coming and going.
HBOGO or HBONOW offer all seasons but you'll need a vpn or smart dns such as unblock-us or unotelly and to know someone in USA who has HBO to get HBOGO, HBO Now is $15p/m i think that's about £10 ish.
HBO Nordic is a good option too passing bat knows more about that than me i think so maybe he can help you.
Old 12-07-2016, 16:31   #2844
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

EE customers are to be able to stream BT Sport for free for six months following the purchase of EE by BT:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-...el_276584.html

It says it's for mobiles and tablets only, presumably it will be possible to 'cast' the feed onto the TV??

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'd expect as per previous offers that there is no need to activate the pass on Thursday so you could save it for up to a year for something else that your more interested in
Old 12-07-2016, 18:17   #2845
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
EE customers are to be able to stream BT Sport for free for six months following the purchase of EE by BT:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-...el_276584.html

It says it's for mobiles and tablets only, presumably it will be possible to 'cast' the feed onto the TV??

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

I'd expect as per previous offers that there is no need to activate the pass on Thursday so you could save it for up to a year for something else that your more interested in

BT so far are quite generous on what they class as a mobile device and if my experience with BT Lite is anything to go by you would be correct in assuming it can be "cast" to a TV and in very high (HD) quality.
I think on such a public forum it may not be wise for me to post what devices I have it working on with my TV (would be glad to send you a PM if you want to know) for fear of them closing these methods down.

Regarding the free Now TV pass I saw nothing in the T & C's that said you had to use it that day so I'll be claiming mine, if the worst comes to the worst I'll have wasted a few minutes signing up for it.
Old 12-07-2016, 20:15   #2846
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
BT so far are quite generous on what they class as a mobile device and if my experience with BT Lite is anything to go by you would be correct in assuming it can be "cast" to a TV and in very high (HD) quality.
I think on such a public forum it may not be wise for me to post what devices I have it working on with my TV (would be glad to send you a PM if you want to know) for fear of them closing these methods down.

Regarding the free Now TV pass I saw nothing in the T & C's that said you had to use it that day so I'll be claiming mine, if the worst comes to the worst I'll have wasted a few minutes signing up for it.
Thanks for offered to help me, but I get BT Sport anyway as I'm on XL
Old 18-07-2016, 22:49   #2847
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Netflix gains rights to stream the new Star Trek show globally (except USA and Canada) 24 hours after US broadcast. This is a monumental milestone in TV broadcasting.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/s...-trek-netflix/
Old 19-07-2016, 00:12   #2848
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

....agree.

It's the beginning of the end for big packs of satellite/cable subscription channels.

No longer does a broadcaster need to do multiple deals globally for their shows, they just phone up Netflix or Amazon.

As I've said before, I reckon the main terrestrial broadcasters will probably survive in one form or another into the future, but all the rest will die.

And as a reminder, Netflix now has streaming rights to all Trek shows. My Star Trek DVD sets look very nice on their shelf above my tv, but hell, why bother with all that "hassle" when I can just switch on Netflix!
Old 19-07-2016, 09:34   #2849
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix price rises prompt subscribers to turn off as their international losses mount....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36831819
Old 19-07-2016, 10:15   #2850
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Netflix gains rights to stream the new Star Trek show globally (except USA and Canada) 24 hours after US broadcast. This is a monumental milestone in TV broadcasting.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/s...-trek-netflix/
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Netflix price rises prompt subscribers to turn off as their international losses mount....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36831819
I did wonder if the Star Trek deal was announced to hide the poor subscriber figures.

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
No longer does a broadcaster need to do multiple deals globally for their shows, they just phone up Netflix or Amazon.
Presumably, they can just outsource international sales with one phone call anyway, so it's more a matter of which brings in the most revenue and exposure.
Closed Thread