Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bit Torrent

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dreamweaver MX guide

Old 08-03-2004, 22:10   #1
Alanmelon
Inactive

Alanmelon has reached the bronze age
Alanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Alanmelon
Dreamweaver MX guide

Can anyone recommend a good site/book as a guide for Dreamweaver MX? I think I've gone about as far as Frontpage will let me!
Alanmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2004, 22:23   #2
tkiely
Inactive

tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely
Re: Dreamweaver MX guide

Hi Alan,

the manual that comes with it is pretty good but there's nothing like playing with it to find out what it can do.

good luck, it's way better than Frontpage, come to think of it I'd like to see a good book on it.....anyone???
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 22:26   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I've got the Dummies Guide to Dreamweaver MX if you want it. It cost me £17 but if you throw a couple of quid my way for postage you can have it

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 22:27   #4
Alanmelon
Inactive

Alanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkiely
Hi Alan,

the manual that comes with it is pretty good but there's nothing like playing with it to find out what it can do.

good luck, it's way better than Frontpage, come to think of it I'd like to see a good book on it.....anyone???
Ah, er, manual, oh yes.......

You got Paypal Russ?
Old 08-03-2004, 22:29   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

No, but a postal order for a few pounds will ensure it gets to you

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 22:30   #6
Alan Waddington
Inactive

Alan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about them

I use dreamweaver mx & also bought the additional book at the same time. However I don't use it that much (but then this isn't the first dreamweaver version i've had ). The best thing is to experiment with the tool. Ideally you also need a graphics package to create your .gifs and .jpegs . Macromedia do Fireworks, which integrates with dreamweaver, but in practice you can use another package.

/Edit Take a look at 'Tutorials' under the Help Menu.
Alan Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 22:32   #7
Alanmelon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
No, but a postal order for a few pounds will ensure it gets to you
Ok, will PM you on that one if that's ok, need to sleep now!
Old 09-03-2004, 09:10   #8
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

A trip to your local library should reveal a whole host of Dreamweaver books for you to read.
However, taking Russ up on his offer sounds good.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 21:05   #9
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

WH Smiths have a guide or they did called "Creative Computing Series: Dreamweaver" -It costs £12.99 and was in the magazines section in my local store - Published by Paragon (www.paragon.co.uk)

Its a step by step guide that start off very basic and gets fairly advanced by the end
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote