Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 23-08-2012, 00:12   #991
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Sorry MB. It's the excitement of it all.
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2012, 11:39   #992
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
A HD channel means a HD channel is coming, it doesn't mean only one HD channel is coming.
How do you make that out? 'A', or 'An' which is more gramatically correct in this case, means one. You don't say 'a cars' or 'an apples'!
Old 23-08-2012, 12:27   #993
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
How do you make that out? 'A', or 'An' which is more gramatically correct in this case, means one. You don't say 'a cars' or 'an apples'!
You say "Look out - a car is coming". That doesn't exclude the possibility of being hit by another car from the opposite direction.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:36   #994
sebastion
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Talk and BB.
sebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to behold

Are we getting ONE HD channel or several.
It drives me crazy the way peeps put a spin on everything.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:47   #995
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Can we stick to the topic rather than picking holes in peoples’ grammar please?
Old 23-08-2012, 13:02   #996
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastion View Post
Are we getting ONE HD channel or several.
It drives me crazy the way peeps put a spin on everything.
If l was a betting man l would say if we do get some HD channels it will be more then one.
Old 23-08-2012, 13:11   #997
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You say "Look out - a car is coming". That doesn't exclude the possibility of being hit by another car from the opposite direction.
Let's just hope that we're not on a one way street
Old 23-08-2012, 13:13   #998
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

In regards to Channels from Sky to VM. It was stated several months ago that Sky offered VM many channels INCLUDING Atlantic, but VM wouldn't pay the price that Sky offered.

VM will always try and get channels on the cheap, Sky Tv is a business and not a charity, they offered channels to BT Vision, they talked prices, it was agreed - end of story. With VM its talk, talk and talk - but not action.

There's another cable company that wanted channels from Sky, they talked. agreed prices and bingo, so why can't VM do the same.

Told you before VM can get these channels, but won't pay the money, as they know customers won't have an increase in prices.
Old 23-08-2012, 13:29   #999
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
In regards to Channels from Sky to VM. It was stated several months ago that Sky offered VM many channels INCLUDING Atlantic, but VM wouldn't pay the price that Sky offered.

There are two possibilities:

Sky wanted too much and VM wouldn't pay

Or

Sky wanted a fair price and VM wanted it on the cheap

Only people privy to the negotiations would know for sure. We can't.

The fact that no other provider has got Atlantic, suggests the former to me, but it is pure speculation on my part as I have no evidence. If Sky are pricing it too high, it could be it is because they have no intention of selling it and are pricing it out of the market.
Old 23-08-2012, 13:32   #1000
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

VM will always try and get channels on the cheap, Sky Tv is a business and not a charity, they offered channels to BT Vision, they talked prices, it was agreed - end of story. With VM its talk, talk and talk - but not action.

There's another cable company that wanted channels from Sky, they talked. agreed prices and bingo, so why can't VM do the same.

Told you before VM can get these channels, but won't pay the money, as they know customers won't have an increase in prices.
So why don't Smallworld, UPC, Talk Talk and BT have SKY Atlantic if SKY are so easy to do business with? Surely the fact that 5 separate companies, including Virgin, haven't got a deal in place for SKY Atlantic, SKY F1 HD, SKY Sports 3 HD and SKY Sports 4 in HD shows SKY aren't offering these channels to competitors, or if they are it'll be at a silly price.
Old 23-08-2012, 13:53   #1001
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

@Arthur, Virgin probably don't pay the SKY prices because they would have to pass it on to Virgin customers. So those customer of Virgin who don't want Atlantic, or who won't be able to get it on their current package won't want to pay the new price.

Of course, that's not to say that those who want Atlantic wouldn't be willing to have their monthly price go up. Would you be willing to pay an extra £4 a month (just a random figure plucked out of the air) for Atlantic? I wouldn't because I wouldn't watch anything, if I did at most 1 programme a week, so the extra £4 a month due to a channel I don't want would make me moan about the increase. Same for a lot of people I would imagine.
Old 23-08-2012, 14:22   #1002
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
@Arthur, Virgin probably don't pay the SKY prices because they would have to pass it on to Virgin customers. So those customer of Virgin who don't want Atlantic, or who won't be able to get it on their current package won't want to pay the new price.

Of course, that's not to say that those who want Atlantic wouldn't be willing to have their monthly price go up. Would you be willing to pay an extra £4 a month (just a random figure plucked out of the air) for Atlantic? I wouldn't because I wouldn't watch anything, if I did at most 1 programme a week, so the extra £4 a month due to a channel I don't want would make me moan about the increase. Same for a lot of people I would imagine.
Well done - you was the 1,000 post on this thread.

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
If l was a betting man l would say if we do get some HD channels it will be more then one.
Can you put me down for £10?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 23-08-2012, 14:25   #1003
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Sky have worn the ipad app crown for a long time now (not difficult as VM don't have one) and qudos to Sky for that; it's been a well deserved selling point for Sky.
Haven't Sky just launched their iPad app? They've had Sky Go for a while, but that's about it. Virgin Media have their player too, which provides live TV show streaming, dependant on TV package.

Looks like Virgin Media's app, which will likely be TiVo only, will provide much more functionality and usefulness than Sky's iPad app.
Old 23-08-2012, 14:28   #1004
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post
Virgin Media have their player too, which provides live TV show streaming, dependant on TV package.
It doesn't do live TV streaming.
Old 23-08-2012, 14:30   #1005
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
There are two possibilities:

Sky wanted too much and VM wouldn't pay

Or

Sky wanted a fair price and VM wanted it on the cheap

Only people privy to the negotiations would know for sure. We can't.

The fact that no other provider has got Atlantic, suggests the former to me, but it is pure speculation on my part as I have no evidence. If Sky are pricing it too high, it could be it is because they have no intention of selling it and are pricing it out of the market.
Probably because their pricing policies differ vastly from Sky , I pay £10.25 a month for HD a VM customer gets it free (the exception being Sky premium customers). Sky are a business not a charity , people expect them to pay billions a year for content , then sell it to a competitor on their competitors terms , BT and Netflix are taking the fight to Sky however it would appear some expect Sky to pay billions for content then have it offered on their terms.
Closed Thread