Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problem setting new recordings.

Old 28-09-2012, 16:59   #1
scaseman
Inactive

scaseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem setting new recordings.

If I try and set a recording for the river on Scifi HD I get Your request could not be processed. Please try again. (Message #86). Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Seems to be ok now. But still would like to now if anyone has any ideas?
scaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2012, 17:50   #2
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Problem setting new recordings.

Just a little glitch I suspect.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 18:27   #3
scaseman
Inactive

Thanks for that carlwaring. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of series you can store and also the maximum number of individual programmes you can have set to record on the Tivo. Obviously subject to storage space?
Old 28-09-2012, 18:41   #4
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

There isn't any "real word" limits as a far as I know. The default for Series Links is ten episodes.
Old 28-09-2012, 19:00   #5
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaseman View Post
If I try and set a recording for the river on Scifi HD I get Your request could not be processed. Please try again. (Message #86). Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Seems to be ok now. But still would like to now if anyone has any ideas?
Error 86 is a database communication error. Either it couldn't write or it couldn't read. As you were trying to set a recording I'd guess it was trying to write the information to its database partition which was either locked by some other process or one of the blocks is corrupt. As it cleared itself I'm guessing it was the former.

I'm pretty sure I saw this error or a similar one when I set up a series link with an actor that had an apostrophe in their name but I'd have to check again tonight (may have been fixed for all I know as I would have got that error well over a year ago).
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 19:43   #6
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Error 86 is a database communication error. Either it couldn't write or it couldn't read. As you were trying to set a recording I'd guess it was trying to write the information to its database partition which was either locked by some other process or one of the blocks is corrupt. As it cleared itself I'm guessing it was the former.
I did wonder if it might be something like that

Of course, we have to remember that a lot of the stuff on Tivo is not stored locally. This includes things like the photos; which is why it takes some time for them to appear. More about this here.
Old 28-09-2012, 20:47   #7
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I did wonder if it might be something like that

Of course, we have to remember that a lot of the stuff on Tivo is not stored locally. This includes things like the photos; which is why it takes some time for them to appear. More about this here.
This also why, when line is faulty, you can't access recordings in My Shows by pressing the OK button. You can only play them by pressing play straight from the menu.

However I think error #86 is an error with the box's local database partition.

@scaseman: Might be worth checking when your box last called home i.e. made a service connection. You'll find the information in Home > Settings > System Info >System Infor>Service Connection

But this is a long shot as it could be a number of things that caused your error during a write process.
Old 30-09-2012, 12:34   #8
scaseman
Inactive

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Have checked and box seems to be calling home ok. Probably just a glitch as has been suggested.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19   #9
mike_gain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaseman View Post
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Have checked and box seems to be calling home ok. Probably just a glitch as has been suggested.
I probably didn't explain myself properly. The reason I asked you to check when it had called home was to see if it was around the time you experienced your issue. When the box connects it downloads another days worth of schedule information. I was thinking that you could have tried to set a recording at the same time the box was trying to download the new data (and more importantly) figure out how that impacted the already planned recordings.

Might be worth checking this if you get the error again.