Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 08-12-2011, 17:45   #91
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
To be honest I haven't followed a few things today.
lol
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2011, 17:46   #92
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
With respect it was a business decision, and none of your business, or any of VM's business as to why we have been loyal to them. But the fact remains that we have (for whatever reason).
With respect, you were the one who raised the topic of spending a long time with a company constituting loyalty in the first place....

Surely they rewarded your loyalty by giving you a better deal than you could get elsewhere.
Quote:
Maybe not. But spending 20 years with the same company, and moving all phone lines, TV and BB (including business services), certainly does constitute loyalty. Especially when I have had no end of problems with CS.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 18:32   #93
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

i assume i will need to have the superhub :s and not accept a degraded service with vmg300 as i rather have the vmg300 which i know is stable and not have the superhub which last time i check was still unstable i assume modem mode works fine i dnt want to use the built in rotuer rather use my own network which is a advance
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 18:39   #94
morley04
Inactive

Services: 100MB, Tivo 1TB, V+HD and XL Phone
morley04 is on a distinguished roadmorley04 is on a distinguished road

Will we be seeing these increased channels with the new upgraded speeds? from 4 to 5 ? etc
morley04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 18:54   #95
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
i assume i will need to have the superhub :s and not accept a degraded service with vmg300 as i rather have the vmg300 which i know is stable and not have the superhub which last time i check was still unstable i assume modem mode works fine i dnt want to use the built in rotuer rather use my own network which is a advance
that's exactly what I thought dude. The good news is that I have heard it from the horses mouth this morning that you can defo keep your vmng300 and they'll upgrade you over the phone (no engineer visit )
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 19:07   #96
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

all 8 were being quoted on some tiers.. I think
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 19:20   #97
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by morley04 View Post
Will we be seeing these increased channels with the new upgraded speeds? from 4 to 5 ? etc
Yes, areas will go up to 8 channels as needed, new line cards.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 19:42   #98
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

I just got an extra downstream channel added on Tuesday on my SuperHub. They obviously did something to ruin my upstream too which is now at 31 from 37. Father won't do anything about it with the approach of 'it works'. Really, it's been iffy, but whatever.

Is this part of the upgrade process? Would love to know what they did as it was down for quite a bit. (cpc9-heck-6-2-0)
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 20:10   #99
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
With respect, you were the one who raised the topic of spending a long time with a company constituting loyalty in the first place....

Surely they rewarded your loyalty by giving you a better deal than you could get elsewhere.
To be honest I think they have taken advantage of the fact that I haven't changed to anyone else despite the very very poor CS.

If things don't improve in the next week I will be taking the whole lot to another provider.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 20:26   #100
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
To be honest I think they have taken advantage of the fact that I haven't changed to anyone else despite the very very poor CS.

If things don't improve in the next week I will be taking the whole lot to another provider.
why should one week make a difference? if it has been that bad just go it likes your staying hoping to get something better for free or to get it cheaper. the impression i am getting is yoru CS has been crap to put it lightly so i aint sure how one week would change your views

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
that's exactly what I thought dude. The good news is that I have heard it from the horses mouth this morning that you can defo keep your vmng300 and they'll upgrade you over the phone (no engineer visit )
ill happily take teh superhub if i can have garantees the modem mode works perfectly and the rotuer is disable completley no signal coming form it at all, trust me when i say two rotuers close to each other will caue major signal inferences and cause drop out. also i want it to work like the current modem so i log in and it be liek anormal modem only way ll use the piece of ....
Old 08-12-2011, 21:11   #101
morley04
Inactive

So will the people who have the VMNG receive a free super hub as part of this upgrade progress as there service at the moment will not be able to take advantage of the extra channels?
Old 08-12-2011, 21:39   #102
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by morley04 View Post
So will the people who have the VMNG receive a free super hub as part of this upgrade progress as there service at the moment will not be able to take advantage of the extra channels?
i personally rather nto get it and not get 100mb not like i would hjave been paying for it i got it for free, rather get the max which vmg300 can give which would e about 90mb using the 4 downstreams
Old 08-12-2011, 21:46   #103
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

is the 8 channel switch for higher tiers only or all on docsis3?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 22:13   #104
morley04
Inactive

Not to fussed about the Super Hub any more as I gather more information on the " Modem mode" it works correctly and that mean I could still use my DDWRT router so lets hope they offer a swap
Old 09-12-2011, 00:46   #105
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
why should one week make a difference? if it has been that bad just go it likes your staying hoping to get something better for free or to get it cheaper. the impression i am getting is yoru CS has been crap to put it lightly so i aint sure how one week would change your views.
Because this week I found out that when you pay for a premium 100mb service then you get a worse service than if you have 50mb.

I have also found out for sure that I have been lied to by a number of staff at VM.

I have also found that there is a network fault in my area, that VM staff tried to deny.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote