Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 16-11-2009, 22:29   #211
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Where did you order Star Trek from? Is everywhere doing the comic?
I bought it from Amazon.

I have no idea if everywhere is doing the comic - I didn't even know Amazon was doing it. The Amazon website makes no mention of the comic, which is why I was surprised (& pleased) to find it with the BD

Play.com also has the 3 disc set with Digital Copy. Again, no mention of the comic.

"Countdown" is quite good. I bought it off iTunes before seeing the movie in the cinema, but it's nice to have the comic in print now too.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2009, 01:05   #212
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
If Like me and you have a small collection (610+ DVD), I can recommend this software, Its free but if you want high res art you need to buy it $30 (one time theme)

Supports DVD, Blue-Ray & HD-DVD

http://www.invelos.com/

My small collection

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Hom3r
I still haven't updated my collection to the new software, infact I haven't updated since 2006!! so this is only about half my collection lol. Need to get it updated soon http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcoll...aspx/steve5424
Old 21-11-2009, 15:49   #213
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Three disc BluRay on sale at Morrisons for £15.99.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 16:32   #214
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Well my blu-ray collection now consists of Wanted, Blade Runner, A Clockwork Orange, Silent Hill (don't laugh, I made the stupid decision of not looking up the reviews) and now I've just added Band of Brothers to it. The next one I wanna add is probably Star Trek or Avatar. If the quality of The Pacific matches that of Band of Brothers then I'll be adding that too.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 16:35   #215
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Get Star Trek. It's awesome on Blu-ray. Batman Begins & The Dark Knight are great on BD too.

I have zero interest in buying Avatar when it comes out. Although it looks awesome in 3D at the cinema, I cannot see any point in viewing it at home, given that (IMO) the plot is a bunch of arse, a home viewing has nothing to hold it together without the visual spectacle of seeing it in 3D on a massive cinema screen.
Old 06-03-2010, 19:27   #216
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
1. Get Star Trek. It's awesome on Blu-ray. Batman Begins & The Dark Knight are great on BD too.

2. I have zero interest in buying Avatar when it comes out. Although it looks awesome in 3D at the cinema, I cannot see any point in viewing it at home, given that (IMO) the plot is a bunch of arse, a home viewing has nothing to hold it together without the visual spectacle of seeing it in 3D on a massive cinema screen.
1. Star Trek is £18 on Play, might have to look about and see if it's any cheaper anywhere. There's also a double pack on Play for them 2 Batman movies. It costs £26 like, so it's cheaper to get them both seperately. (£23)

2. I guess, 3D TV tech isn't really good enough yet to justify buying the 3D version.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 20:00   #217
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I would quite like to see shows such as Only Fools, West Wing, and The Simpsons use the extra space to have an entire season on one dvd. Reduce the amount of discs needed.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 18:28   #218
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I just ordered this from Play.com (I ain't got a blu eray player)

James Cameron's Avatar: Steelbook Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD) - Online Exclusive (w/FREE Glow in the Dark T-shirt, 4 Artcards & Book) (2009) (Blu-ray) £25

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1...e/Product.html
Old 19-03-2010, 18:34   #219
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

HHHmmm I was looking at that, but I believe the standard blu ray comes with a dvd copy and is £14.99.

Still we'll see.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 18:43   #220
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I went with that purely because of the extras that go with it.

All the DVDs I get are where possilbe the 2 disc + versions

This title will make it 645 DVD titles that I own.

I really must stop buying them.

On a DVD forum I visit one guy has over 11,000 titles
Old 19-03-2010, 21:17   #221
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

does anybody use this site
I find it quite good for getting the lowest price
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 21:18   #222
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

www.find-dvd.co.uk/
Old 19-03-2010, 21:26   #223
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I just ordered this from Play.com (I ain't got a blu eray player)

James Cameron's Avatar: Steelbook Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD) - Online Exclusive (w/FREE Glow in the Dark T-shirt, 4 Artcards & Book) (2009) (Blu-ray) £25

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1...e/Product.html
I did exactly the same - for all the extras. And also in the vain hope that I can persuade the better half to let me buy a Blu-ray player before it comes out.
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 21:43   #224
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly One View Post
I did exactly the same - for all the extras. And also in the vain hope that I can persuade the better half to let me buy a Blu-ray player before it comes out.

Well I'm looking for a USB / Firewire one for my Laptops, I've seen one but ain't paying £350+

The laptop has a DVI port that I use to connect to my HDTV.
Old 19-03-2010, 22:02   #225
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

If I was bothered about buying Avatar on BD, I would have chosen to wait for the inevitable Extended Edition...

Also, regarding the BD/DVD Steelbook combi... Do you know if the extras are actually included on the DVD? As it's a BD release, with a DVD as a bonus, and as it is a long movie and DVDs have far less space than BDs, I would have assumed that what is on the DVD in the combi pack will be bare bones only: just the movie.