Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 18-04-2014, 14:04   #1171
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Beats me. The SNP have always been very Pro-EU and it mystifies me why they are so desperate to go from one union to another.
There's an old saying "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't."
I'll take the one I don't know,he can't be any worse.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2014, 14:44   #1172
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
Tell us why Jimi as I am intrigued to what the current and past governments have done to make you feel this way?.
Old 18-04-2014, 15:13   #1173
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

There's rumour going around that Jimi's really an English Nationalist...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 15:31   #1174
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes, he can - you are making a decision without basing it on factual information, just hope.....

Or are you and ABE?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 16:24   #1175
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Tell us why Jimi as I am intrigued to what the current and past governments have done to make you feel this way?.
Basically,we have put in more than our fair share over the past 40 years to the economy,regardless of which party is in,neither NL or the Tories give a damn about us,we need tae beg for everything,why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
There's rumour going around that Jimi's really an English Nationalist...
There's no rumour going around that your are nuts,its a fact.

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yes, he can - you are making a decision without basing it on factual information, just hope.....

Or are you and ABE?
Hugh,you often present a viable case for BT,I admire you for it even though I don't always agree with you.
In a way,you are correct,it is based on hope,lots of it,but if you don't have hope you have nothing.
Old 18-04-2014, 18:34   #1176
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Thing is he can't actually answer with a factually based answer just a general one that sounds like it came straight from Salmond himself.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

See......
Quote:
Basically,we have put in more than our fair share over the past 40 years to the economy,regardless of which party is in,neither NL or the Tories give a damn about us,we need to beg for everything, why?
Fair share of what exactly?

What makes you say that they aren't giving a damn?
Old 18-04-2014, 18:36   #1177
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Thing is he can't actually answer with a factually based answer just a general one that sounds like it came straight from Salmond himself.
Yes you'd have thought Jimi would have by now assembled a plethora of well reasoned and coherent arguments to support the Yes vote. Instead his rationale (if you can call it that) boils down to "better the devil you don't know"...
Old 18-04-2014, 18:39   #1178
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Exactly, I also found it totally laughable that he used that phrase but actually wants a yes vote.

To me that phrase is better suited to a no voter.
Old 18-04-2014, 18:50   #1179
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

To be fair to jimi, if you believe in Salmond, then hope's all you're ever going to have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BieyjLRCUAA96Ft.jpg large.jpg (280.6 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Bg3EV3PIIAAHNO-.jpg (20.1 KB, 78 views)
File Type: png Bj7vxIACEAEwGNX.png large.png (299.1 KB, 87 views)
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 19:13   #1180
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
To be fair to jimi, if you believe in Salmond, then hope's all you're ever going to have.

Snip Big Pictures

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 19:42   #1181
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

If the Scots do vote for independence than a few years down the line it all goes tits-up I wonder who will pick the bill up and sort the mess out!
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 20:08   #1182
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
If the Scots do vote for independence than a few years down the line it all goes tits-up I wonder who will pick the bill up and sort the mess out!
The Devil they don't know presumably, it won't be our problem.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 21:58   #1183
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
The Devil they don't know presumably, it won't be our problem.
Yup that'll be him but it'll be OK because Jimi knows his address...
Old 19-04-2014, 19:04   #1184
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

See......

Fair share of what exactly?

What makes you say that they aren't giving a damn?
There is none so blind as those who cannot see,its not Specsavers you require,its binoculars.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
The European Union,which by then will be minus Little Englanders hopefully.
Old 19-04-2014, 19:05   #1185
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
There is none so blind as those who cannot see,its not Specsavers you require,its binoculars.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

The European Union,which by then will be minus Little Englanders hopefully.
And you require a double dose of reality.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote