Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 06-11-2015, 20:52   #1456
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
upgraded my RTM to build 10586 converted ESD to ISO and clean installed as this is RTM of threshold 2 all working great
I am pleased it looks like by entering my Windows 8 key into the activation box inside Windows 10 while an insider it appears i have now kinda upgraded from 8 without actually having 8 installed as i dropped out of being an insider and am still activated.
Old 07-11-2015, 18:40   #1457
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Whats this RTM threshold 2?

What differences between windows we have now and that?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 18:57   #1458
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just a big update, hard for me to say as i have been on it months kinda with being on the Preview, you will have to google it, but i think it looks the same.
Old 07-11-2015, 19:40   #1459
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Whats this RTM threshold 2?

What differences between windows we have now and that?
you get few new features like messaging app skype video ect
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 00:33   #1460
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

When will it be available in windows update for everyone else?
Old 08-11-2015, 00:50   #1461
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
When will it be available in windows update for everyone else?
should be in sometime this coming week
Old 08-11-2015, 01:10   #1462
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Can u give us some idea of what other functions are gonna be added?
Old 08-11-2015, 11:08   #1463
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
No idea, your best bet is to Google, but on the face of it, if you don't already have it one of the cosmetic things is you can now change the window bar colour, obviously there will be loads more improvements but i can't remember.
Old 09-11-2015, 21:58   #1464
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Gabriel Aul ‏@GabeAul · 1h1 hour ago
PC build 10586 is now available to #WindowsInsiders in the Slow ring!
http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexpe...w-build-10586/

Gabriel Aul ‏@GabeAul · 1h1 hour ago
@mehedih_ Not yet, will be a couple more days for ISO

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Quote:
Microsoft sway and skype video are other new features in this update and can cast media from microsoft edge to other devices
Old 12-11-2015, 16:49   #1465
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

ISOs are now available for 10586.
Old 12-11-2015, 17:48   #1466
Dave42
cf.mega poster

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

click download tool for official ISO's and remember can use windows 7 and 8.1 keys to activate this one so don't have to do a upgrade first if you still on windows 7 or 8.1
Old 14-11-2015, 09:54   #1467
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Oh! No! My Windows 10 Home Premium attempted to automatically upgrade to version 1511, 10586 last night. Guess what? It failed at the same point my original Windows 10 upgrade used to fail until I stripped the PC down to bare bones. Have MS not yet overcome the vagaries of systems with different configurations? This is pathetic, bordering on the criminally negligent.

This now means that 100s of millions of people with legacy machines world-wide, and not that old, will struggle to upgrade their Windows 10 even if they are computer savvy.

So here goes, hoping that setting for a clean boot will be enough. If not I will yet again have to remove all peripherals and their drivers.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 10:21   #1468
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Oh! No! My Windows 10 Home Premium attempted to automatically upgrade to version 1511, 10586 last night. Guess what? It failed at the same point my original Windows 10 upgrade used to fail until I stripped the PC down to bare bones. Have MS not yet overcome the vagaries of systems with different configurations? This is pathetic, bordering on the criminally negligent.

This now means that 100s of millions of people with legacy machines world-wide, and not that old, will struggle to upgrade their Windows 10 even if they are computer savvy.

So here goes, hoping that setting for a clean boot will be enough. If not I will yet again have to remove all peripherals and their drivers.
With all due respect why the hell should they? They give it away practically free and because they cannot foresee all the myriad different set ups that millions across the world have they are criminals..how about cutting the hyperbole and cut Microsoft some slack?
Old 14-11-2015, 10:25   #1469
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

You can't expect all legacy computers to be compatible, buy a new computer upgrade old obsolete hardware or stay on an older OS.

You really can't expect old hardware to work with everything and that isn't microsofts fault.

Hardly criminal. lol
Old 14-11-2015, 10:39   #1470
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I know of numerous folk, ( Non-PC Savvy) who were prompted by their systems to automatically upgrade to Windows 10. They allowed their systems to get on with it. Five of them, work colleagues, have had their systems ruined with all attempts to restore their previous versions failing. They have had to pay out to PC World to fix their systems. One who lost all her files is taking legal advice.

Tell me this is OK.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote