Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 23-03-2012, 13:50   #4861
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
It's a gorgeous day outside
Really spring-like here on the south coast: 16C and rising, no wind to talk of. Just been to Lidl's to pick up some groceries. Don't normally go 'cos it's in the town and that's a couple of miles away but I needed to give the car an outing as it's been sat for two weeks. Had to pop the charger on for a few secs to get it started. Looks like I might collect on Halfrauds lifetime battery warrantee if I can find the paperwork. Still 8-9 years ain't bad for any battery.

Can't believe how much cheaper it is than my local Sainsbury's.

One example: JS own brand lite sunflower spread £1.35, Lidl's unknown brand (Vita dor) 75p and it's EXACTLY the same.

Some of the fresh veg isn't quite as good though, I'll just need to keep an eye on it in the fridge. Most of it can be blanched and then frozen for later use. Vine tomatoes are really good.
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2012, 16:35   #4862
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

It was beautiful in Glasgow yesterday nice warm sunshine But cold today.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 17:44   #4863
dilli-theclaw
3xCABG

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Out with Natalie on a date
Old 23-03-2012, 17:48   #4864
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Out with Natalie on a date
l hope you both have a wonderful time dilli.
Old 23-03-2012, 17:55   #4865
Angua
Arachnoid Cyst

Services: ? BB, XL Digi TV, basic phone.
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Over the moon for Hubby's niece. She has a guaranteed uni place without her results being confirmed.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 11:10   #4866
dilli-theclaw
3xCABG

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Finally got iTunes match working properly after a whole week

Fluffy.
Old 27-03-2012, 18:36   #4867
dilli-theclaw
3xCABG

OOOooohhh - it's another fun packed day in my second home tomorrow

More poking and prodding in Addenbrookes' - At least it's going to be another busy one so it'll go really quick AND what's even better is that there's not much that is ok at the moment so I am not overly concerned about anything specific
Old 28-03-2012, 00:23   #4868
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Score again!!

About to fly back from Atlanta to Heathrow, and good old BA have upgraded my wife and I again to Business Class.

Atlanta BA Terraces Lounge isn't a patch on Heathrow T5 lounge, but it's better than a kick in the nadgers...

(just worked out why - I used to be a BA Gold Card member in the 90's and 00's, when I used travel a lot and someone else paid; when I stopped travelling as much, I told them I was using Virgin Atlantic instead, and this is the first time I have flown long-haul with them since.

They must be trying to get my business back....)

If my post is in bold, it's a moderating decision - if not, it's not.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 08:08   #4869
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

About to fly back from Atlanta to Heathrow, and good old BA have upgraded my wife and I again to Business Class.

Jammy Hugh, hope you enjoyed yourselves!

On this beautiful day I am going with a friend to spend a few hours in Fowey.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 08:12   #4870
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Well, friends on facebook already know but, after a slight trauma with a new job falling through a couple of days after I resigned, I have a new job - basically doing the same thing but, hopefully, with a bit more responsibility.

Fingers crossed!
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 08:14   #4871
dilli-theclaw
3xCABG

Excellent
Old 28-03-2012, 08:32   #4872
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Well, friends on facebook already know but, after a slight trauma with a new job falling through a couple of days after I resigned, I have a new job - basically doing the same thing but, hopefully, with a bit more responsibility.

Fingers crossed!
Nice one Nugget, keep my fingers crossed for you!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 08:44   #4873
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post

Fingers crossed!
Good luck Nugget with your new job.
Old 28-03-2012, 15:44   #4874
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: BT, Sky multiroom (Sky+HD), BT Infinity Option 2
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny star

Welcome back Nugget . Good luck with the new job
Old 28-03-2012, 18:40   #4875
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Score again!!

Atlanta BA Terraces Lounge isn't a patch on Heathrow T5 lounge, but it's better than a kick in the nadgers...

(just worked out why - I used to be a BA Gold Card member in the 90's and 00's, when I used travel a lot and someone else paid; when I stopped travelling as much, I told them I was using Virgin Atlantic instead, and this is the first time I have flown long-haul with them since.

They must be trying to get my business back....)
Good for you I wish someone would do that for us next week

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Hope you enjoy your new job Nugget
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote