Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Channels we don't want or need!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Channels we don't want or need!

Old 02-01-2010, 22:33   #16
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Channels we don't want or need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Lets all start off the new year with a good old rant and rage and fall out with each other about the channels we don't want, need or feel are totally pointless.
My choices are all the +1's (just get a V+ if yer don't want to miss owt).
Some of us aren't wired up for cable (new apartment block) and even with my sky+ box, I've only got one feed so +1 channels are my saviour

I could happily do without the shopping channels though
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2010, 22:49   #17
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Some of us aren't wired up for cable (new apartment block) and even with my sky+ box, I've only got one feed so +1 channels are my saviour

Funny, when I miss a programme the internet is the first place I turn to, rather than a time shift channel

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 22:57   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I want the BBC as I'm paying for it twice...and it's so much more worth it than most of the channels including the double plus ones..

No Beeb, no Dr Who.What a horrible thought.
Old 02-01-2010, 23:37   #19
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Why not just get rid of your TV set
I would but my missus wouldn't be too happy if I did
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:31   #20
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyposter View Post
I want a channel where the music isn't louder than the narration.
and the ads arn't louder than the program.

and all +1 channels
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 00:40   #21
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I was brought up in the days when the 2 channels became 3. Much later they became 4 and now......phmupty zillion at my last reckoning.

I don't think we should get rid of any channels. If somebody wants to broadcast and enough people want to watch the paint drying channel then so be it. I'm not interested but I've got enough to watch. Diversity is important.

If bandwidth was limitless, or at least appeared so to the end user, then there's no reason why there couldn't be more niche channels.... How many interested in subscribing to CF Television interactive?

IMHO, traditional TV is slowly dying, if not already dead. The living room entertainment that is delivered to us is rapidly evolving and will continue to do so.

Just think of how technology has effected the average home in each decade since the 1950s.... The joy of having a TV in your "front room" in the 50s to the excitement of getting a 4th channel in the 80s ... I think we're on an expotential curve and we're living in exciting times.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57   #22
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

The thought also occurs that if you don't want to watch anything on TV then listen to the radio.

Or even better take a walk and have a face to face down your local pub or library while you still have either.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:50   #23
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

I'd just wish the stations would get rid of those awful onscreen graphics they put up during shows to advertise other shows.

Also get rid of the channel 'branding' in the corners. The Disney Channel is the worst offender for this, theirs is bloomin' huuuggee in the bottom left corner.
There's no need for them, people know what channel they're tuned too.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:20   #24
childsy
Inactive

childsy will become famous soon enoughchildsy will become famous soon enoughchildsy will become famous soon enough

I just wish you could delete the channels you don,t want as you can on freeview boxes.
childsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25   #25
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

There are a whole load of channels it would be nice to have a choice of watching at say 40p or 50p per month each rather than lumped in a package.
Definitely keep the +1 and would like FX +1

The following are those I would ditch: -
Challenge
Diva
Livingit
Galaxy
Channel M
Heart
Q
TV5
CBS Reality
The God Channel
Utd Christian
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:54   #26
looper35uk
Inactive

looper35uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
We need more +1 channels not less unless VM bring out a V+ box with more tuners

After seeing the poor ratings that Doctor Who got on BBCHD compared to regular BBC 1 last night (359K to 10.3million) perhaps VM shouldn't bother too much in getting more HD [opens can or worms ]
Quiet agree, and just to add, a majority of the BBCs stuffs not in 5.1.
looper35uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 13:08   #27
Cablefan
Inactive

Cablefan is on a distinguished roadCablefan is on a distinguished road

In this order of priority:

+1 Channels
Challenge Jackpot
Auction Channels
Living 2, Bravo 2, Comedy Extra, Sky 2 & 3 etc
Living it
Adult Channels (already deleted these)
Teachers TV
Community Channel
Diva TV
Current TV

Still pleased we don't get half the crap you get on Sky.
Cablefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 13:19   #28
FairyFairy
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Tv V+/Broadband/Phone
FairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of light

I've only just sussed out what +1 was anyway

FairyFairy is offline   Reply With Quote