Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Quickest way to switch from other mobile network and keep the old phone number

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Quickest way to switch from other mobile network and keep the old phone number

Old 18-04-2010, 00:54   #1
frank.lui
Inactive

frank.lui is an unknown quantity at this point
Quickest way to switch from other mobile network and keep the old phone number

Fed up with O2's expensive service, and also impressed by VM's 30p web access, I eventually decide to switch to VM. I need to keep my old phone number as all my contacts use it.
I would like to know the best and quickest way to switch to VM 8p/min PayAsYouGo.
Help needed....
frank.lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2010, 01:07   #2
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Quickest way to switch from other mobile network and keep the old phone number

Ring O2 and obtain a Port Authorisation Code (PAC). Get a free SIM card from Virgin and then call Virgin from it and give them the PAC code from O2 and tell them you want the Simply 8p tariff and they will transfer your number over within 5 working days. YOU WILL NEED TO USE ALL YOUR O2 CREDIT AS THIS WONT BE CARRIED OVER.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 13:34   #3
frank.lui
Inactive

Re: Quickest way to switch from other mobile network and keep the old phone number

I already have a virgin sim card for a while. Can I just use that? I also need to tell Virgin this sim card's detail, I guess?

Thanks!
Old 18-04-2010, 14:39   #4
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Yeah you can just use that, you just need to ring up Virgin Mobile from that SIM card and give them the PAC code which O2 give you and they will transfer your number over. Obviously if you aren't already on the simply 8p tarriff then you will need to tell them that's what you want.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 18:00   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its not 5 working days, the port is usually done within 72 hrs now.
Old 08-05-2010, 16:41   #6
frank.lui
Inactive

Called Virgin Mobile today and was told the 'old' VM Pay&Go SIM cannot be changed to 8P tariff (?). So I had to order another new VM 8p SIM card. A while ago, the invoice came from email and I found the new tariff is called 'Media Simply 8p pack with 10 pd airtime'.
Anyone knows what if I can use Pay&Go mobile web (30p/day or £5/Month)?