Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Europe to get 80GB PS3?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Europe to get 80GB PS3?

Old 25-08-2008, 20:30   #31
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Europe to get 80GB PS3?

Might get one eventually, are they reducing the GPU as well in the (near) future?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2008, 21:55   #32
NeilH
Inactive

Services: Virgin Plus XL Broadband L I Miss My Sky + And Bt Business Broadband.
NeilH is on a distinguished roadNeilH is on a distinguished road

Why not install a bigger hard drive but buy the cheap 40gb version

All you need is a 5400rpm Sata drive and don't push it over the 250gb mark.

This DOES NOT invalidate your warranty with sony if you install a new hard drive.

I am pretty sure that's the right specs for it after reading it somewhere.
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 22:49   #33
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yup, although AFAIK you can take it up to 320GB.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 23:10   #34
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

The 80GB model is more energy efficient for what its worth.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 23:15   #35
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
The 80GB model is more energy efficient for what its worth.
Same as the 40GB isn't it? 65nm process Cell, etc.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 23:51   #36
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Well I'm not 100% because nothing has been confirmed but I read the following and assumed.

Quote:
We don't know for sure if Sony downsized the PlayStation 3's RSX graphics chip to 65nm, matching the already 65nm Cell processor, but we might have some anecdotal evidence from an external source. A forum poster at slickdeals used a Kill-a-watt device to check the power consumption of the 40GB and 80GB models during idle phase, while spinning a DVD and with Metal Gear Solid 4 in the drive, and found a 12-20 watt difference favoring the new 80GB.

It's not enough to say Sony has finally upgraded its RSX graphics chip, but it is interesting to ponder
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/25/ne...tch-65nm-cell/
Old 03-09-2008, 09:00   #37
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I heard that as well
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:01   #38
icestar2
Inactive

Dont know about the 80GB but I can tell you one thing there's a big weight diffrence between the 60GB and the 40GB models. I have the 60GB and its on the heavy side but my sis bought her BF a 40GB one last week for his B-Day and it was extreamly light I was shocked how much lighter it is compaired to the 60 GB version.